Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My at home library!

+7
secret_life8
Rex
scifidawn
brown eyes sp
joselin4life
melissa052
MrsJazz
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My at home library! Empty My at home library!

Post by MrsJazz Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:25 pm

It has an awesome start. I'm missing a few awesome authors and books but I'm working on finding them. I also need another book shelf. So saf, so good.

♥Mama's♥
My at home library! 1zx5iea

♥Brylee's♥
My at home library! Ngpysh

Last edited by MrsJazz on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

My at home library! Empty Re: My at home library!

Post by melissa052 Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:33 pm

Wow! That's a lot of books! Makes me think of my DVD collection... Well, the [estimated] 80-90% that's actually in my room...
My at home library! Dvds13
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:25 pm

melissa052 wrote:Wow! That's a lot of books! Makes me think of my DVD collection... Well, the [estimated] 80-90% that's actually in my room...

Wow! Those are a lot of Dvds!
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:32 pm

Yeah... My rank is quite fitting, huh? That isn't even all of them, there are two other full bookcases in other rooms and my mom and sister are borrowing some... No one in my family ever bothers to rent movies because I have nearly anything they'd want! Razz
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:19 am

Yes.

Haha! You have a lot of movies.

Last edited by joselin4life on Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:32 am; edited 2 times in total
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by brown eyes sp Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:17 am

Nice! My home collection is getting pretty big too...where are you getting such nice big bookshelves? Our book collection is getting out of hand, what with small, mismatched shelves scattered all around the house trying to keep up with my nasty book buying habit Wink (I swear me working at a bookstore is like sending a druggie to work in an opium den Razz ).
brown eyes sp
brown eyes sp

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:07 am

brown eyes sp wrote:Nice! My home collection is getting pretty big too...where are you getting such nice big bookshelves? Our book collection is getting out of hand, what with small, mismatched shelves scattered all around the house trying to keep up with my nasty book buying habit Wink (I swear me working at a bookstore is like sending a druggie to work in an opium den Razz ).

I get those at the BX on base. But, if you want ones similar...Target has something pretty close Smile I think they're $40 at Target. I only got the simple kind because when Adam retires in 13 years we're building our house and I get my own personal library with the built in shelves. He gets the 6 stall garage, I get the massive library, lol. Good trade, if you ask me.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:19 pm

BOOKS!! Yummy. I have a room which is basically a library/prayer area. I LOVE it.
And, you being an author, should have a library. Smile.

I recognize the Harry Potter books there, and the Twilight ones, although I only read a couple of the twilight books.

Do you have non-fiction as well?

I have lots of sci fi and fantasy books, then shelves for history, philosophy, Catholicism and other faiths, current politics, health, science, mathematics... I LOVE BOOKS!

Last edited by scifidawn on Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:35 pm

melissa052 wrote:Wow! That's a lot of books! Makes me think of my DVD collection... Well, the [estimated] 80-90% that's actually in my room...

Wow that's organised. My collection is about the same size but completely chaotic. I gotta snap a few pictures when I am not too lazy Very Happy

Lol ditto for my books. I literally have books all over my entire room. With the exception of my Wheel of Time series which sits proudly above my bed everything else is spread all over the room. Even I am surprised at what I find sometimes. I still remembered when I found this 108 year old copy of some Goethe's book. I didn't even know I had books that old lol
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:50 pm

i cannot take a picture of it (because some are with my sister), but me and my sister have so many Harry Potter books. We have three sets of the books (one paperback, two hardbacks). Then we have the full set of the books in french and the British edition. we also have the first books in spanish and german. In total that is 37 books that are only Harry Potter books.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by SamIAm Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:48 pm

secret_life8 wrote:i cannot take a picture of it (because some are with my sister), but me and my sister have so many Harry Potter books. We have three sets of the books (one paperback, two hardbacks). Then we have the full set of the books in french and the British edition. we also have the first books in spanish and german. In total that is 37 books that are only Harry Potter books.

I'm not that far behind you. I have all 7 books in hardcover, paperback, and in the British editions. And then I have The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Quidditch through the Ages, and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. So that's 24 books.

SamIAm

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:55 pm

SamIAm wrote:
secret_life8 wrote:i cannot take a picture of it (because some are with my sister), but me and my sister have so many Harry Potter books. We have three sets of the books (one paperback, two hardbacks). Then we have the full set of the books in french and the British edition. we also have the first books in spanish and german. In total that is 37 books that are only Harry Potter books.

I'm not that far behind you. I have all 7 books in hardcover, paperback, and in the British editions. And then I have The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Quidditch through the Ages, and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. So that's 24 books.

Did you hear that JKR is not ruling out future books?
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:24 pm

scifidawn wrote:BOOKS!! Yummy. I have a room which is basically a library/prayer area. I LOVE it.

I recognize the Harry Potter books there, and the Twilight ones, although I only read a couple of the twilight books.

I have lots of sci fi and fantasy books, then shelves for history, philosophy, Catholicism and other faiths, current politics, health, science, mathematics... I LOVE BOOKS!

The non-fiction is on the other shelf, lol. I have them mostly organized. Yup, I organize my books. Poor Adam...he's still wondering how we're going to PCS with all these since I've been adding so many lately I've just been stacking them on top of the already made rows Very Happy
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:27 pm

MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:BOOKS!! Yummy. I have a room which is basically a library/prayer area. I LOVE it.

The non-fiction is on the other shelf, lol. I have them mostly organized. Yup, I organize my books. Poor Adam...he's still wondering how we're going to PCS with all these since I've been adding so many lately I've just been stacking them on top of the already made rows Very Happy

Books are so great. I have gotten rid of so many of them since My library room here is smaller than my old place. I have more land here but a smaller library. Sniff sniff. Then again, they are heavy and hard to move. I hope I do not move again.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:32 pm

scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:

Books are so great. I have gotten rid of so many of them since My library room here is smaller than my old place. I have more land here but a smaller library. Sniff sniff. Then again, they are heavy and hard to move. I hope I do not move again.

I wouldn't mind moving them as long as it's far away from here. I'm actually going this week to buy another book shelf. I need more room. I bought over 30 books today. haha. There's a book swap page for the base and I'm always buying from others on base.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:37 pm

MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:

I wouldn't mind moving them as long as it's far away from here. I'm actually going this week to buy another book shelf. I need more room. I bought over 30 books today. haha. There's a book swap page for the base and I'm always buying from others on base.

Have you ever been to a person's house and there is not a book in sight? That feels so weird. One time people from my church went to help a family in poverty fix up their house. There was not one book there. Poverty is not really an excuse (unless they are illiterate) since Libraries are free.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:44 pm

scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:

Have you ever been to a person's house and there is not a book in sight? That feels so weird. One time people from my church went to help a family in poverty fix up their house. There was not one book there. Poverty is not really an excuse (unless they are illiterate) since Libraries are free.

I have! I have a few people I know like that. the one girl just says she "hates to read." I couldn't imagine being that way. I've read 3 books since I got to work at 3, lol.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:18 pm

MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:

I have! I have a few people I know like that. the one girl just says she "hates to read." I couldn't imagine being that way. I've read 3 books since I got to work at 3, lol.

I just do not get it. I guess everyone is different. LOL.

So you are back working again now?
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:24 pm

scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:

I'm only back to work on the weekends. I can't stand to leave Brylee more than a day or two a week. And, the money I bring is is just play money for she and I. She gets toys, I get books, lol.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:09 pm

MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:

I'm only back to work on the weekends. I can't stand to leave Brylee more than a day or two a week. And, the money I bring is is just play money for she and I. She gets toys, I get books, lol.

Ah, good. And later, she will get books too!
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by SamIAm Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:11 pm

scifidawn wrote:
SamIAm wrote:

Yep. I saw her interview on Oprah the other day. I knew as soon as I finished Reading the Deathly Hallows that she wasn't really done with the series. She left way too much open. The major thing that screamed "the series isn't really over" for me, is the fact that she had him drop the resurrection stone in the forest, instead of having it destroyed, or something.

SamIAm

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:05 pm

SamIAm wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
SamIAm wrote:

Yep. I saw her interview on Oprah the other day. I knew as soon as I finished Reading the Deathly Hallows that she wasn't really done with the series. She left way too much open. The major thing that screamed "the series isn't really over" for me, is the fact that she had him drop the resurrection stone in the forest, instead of having it destroyed, or something.

It is not just the story I like; I love her writing style. I wonder, if she continues what will happen. I wonder if she will write about the kids that Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione.... have? I wonder if she will somehow resurrect Voldemort....? Or maybe somehow Dumbledore will come back or will we see the story of James and Lily? or......????
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:22 pm

Both Dumbledore and Voldemort are dead for good. That is if JK Rowling isn't going to go around breaking her rules for her fantasy world.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:36 pm

Unit7 wrote:Both Dumbledore and Voldemort are dead for good. That is if JK Rowling isn't going to go around breaking her rules for her fantasy world.

Grrr. You are right and she will want to keep the Universe proper.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:51 pm

It is a bit annoying having Dumbledore dead. Well, I suppose Dumbledore will only truly leave Hogwarts until no one who is loyal remains... or something(well it went something like that. lol)

Though I had always wanted to read about James, Lupin, Sirius, Pettigrew, and Lily. Would be fun to read about them. We only got so many glimpses into their time at hogwarts.

As far as it following Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny's kids I am not so interested in. But I think its because there was to small of a glimpse into that life compared to James and Lily's time at hogwarts.

You know what I mean?
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum