Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My at home library!

+7
secret_life8
Rex
scifidawn
brown eyes sp
joselin4life
melissa052
MrsJazz
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My at home library! - Page 2 Empty Re: My at home library!

Post by scifidawn Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:54 pm

Unit7 wrote:It is a bit annoying having Dumbledore dead. Well, I suppose Dumbledore will only truly leave Hogwarts until no one who is loyal remains... or something(well it went something like that. lol)

Though I had always wanted to read about James, Lupin, Sirius, Pettigrew, and Lily. Would be fun to read about them. We only got so many glimpses into their time at hogwarts.

As far as it following Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny's kids I am not so interested in. But I think its because there was to small of a glimpse into that life compared to James and Lily's time at hogwarts.

You know what I mean?

Yes, Unit, I do.

Trista, sorry us HP fans took over your library thread. Hee hee.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Rex wrote:Wow that's organised. My collection is about the same size but completely chaotic. I gotta snap a few pictures when I am not too lazy Very Happy
Yeah, that's only in my bedroom, there's another two bookshelves in different rooms with DVDs, not as big or full as this, but it adds up...
And you'd think with the organization it wouldn't be so hard to find something specific! A lot of the time I'll be looking for a specific movie but end up watching via youtube because my collection is simply too big to find anything or someone's borrowing it... Which reminds me I need to get The Innocents back from my aunt Dianna... She's had that DVD for like two months and hasn't returned it yet!

SamIAm wrote:
scifidawn wrote: Did you hear that JKR is not ruling out future books?
Yep. I saw her interview on Oprah the other day. I knew as soon as I finished Reading the Deathly Hallows that she wasn't really done with the series. She left way too much open. The major thing that screamed "the series isn't really over" for me, is the fact that she had him drop the resurrection stone in the forest, instead of having it destroyed, or something.
I was just watching that interview with Oprah on youtube! I probably cried at least 5 times thoughout the 6 parts... JKR seems to have a habit of that, making a person cry.... I wonder if she realizes how influential a person she's become.

scifidawn wrote:
Unit7 wrote:Both Dumbledore and Voldemort are dead for good. That is if JK Rowling isn't going to go around breaking her rules for her fantasy world.

Grrr. You are right and she will want to keep the Universe proper.
Of course he's right! Very Happy I'm just realizing myself how hard it is to kill a character off and having it impossible for them to return... Of course in my case I knew it was gonna happen but I never expected myself to actually like an antagonist... This one at least, as badass is she is....
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brown eyes sp Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:15 am

MrsJazz wrote:
brown eyes sp wrote:Nice! My home collection is getting pretty big too...where are you getting such nice big bookshelves? Our book collection is getting out of hand, what with small, mismatched shelves scattered all around the house trying to keep up with my nasty book buying habit Wink (I swear me working at a bookstore is like sending a druggie to work in an opium den Razz ).

I get those at the BX on base. But, if you want ones similar...Target has something pretty close Smile I think they're $40 at Target. I only got the simple kind because when Adam retires in 13 years we're building our house and I get my own personal library with the built in shelves. He gets the 6 stall garage, I get the massive library, lol. Good trade, if you ask me.

Definitely Razz . I'll have to look around Target (though of course we don't have one here, so I'll have to wait til we visit my mom). Darren and I want to try to build our own house in a few years, and massive built-in shelves are definitely on my request list too!
brown eyes sp
brown eyes sp

Back to top Go down

Post by SamIAm Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:43 pm

scifidawn wrote:
It is not just the story I like; I love her writing style. I wonder, if she continues what will happen. I wonder if she will write about the kids that Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione.... have? I wonder if she will somehow resurrect Voldemort....? Or maybe somehow Dumbledore will come back or will we see the story of James and Lily? or......????

I think it will be the next generation at Hogwarts. I doubt she would resurrect either of them. However, I think Draco's son will discover dark magic, or something along those lines. They definitely foreshadowed that with Harry and Ron's kids not liking Draco's son of being scared of him or whatever.
I would definitely like to see James and Lilly in school, and Lupin and everyone. That would be really interesting.

SamIAm

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:06 pm

Ew... Twilight.

ZOMG! Is that A Series of Unfortunate Events on the bottom shelf? I have the same collection on my top shelf. Hehe.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:09 am

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:Ew... Twilight.

ZOMG! Is that A Series of Unfortunate Events on the bottom shelf? I have the same collection on my top shelf. Hehe.

Yes, I do have Twilight...I had to see if it really was worth all the hoop-a-la about...nope it wasn't.

And, it is! I LOVE that series! Actually I'm going through and reading it again, I'm on Book 12 right now...I forgot how good it is and why I didn't like the movie too much.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:59 am

Looky!! New pic
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:30 pm

Oh Trista, I love Brylee's library. You are starting her out correctly.

I am sure you do this now, but watch that floor vent in the winter when the heat is on. It may get hot.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Aww! Brylee's library is so cute. I love the dog thing on the shelf. And it looks like she has a lot of Dr. Seuss books!

Last edited by joselin4life on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:17 pm

scifidawn wrote:Oh Trista, I love Brylee's library. You are starting her out correctly.

I am sure you do this now, but watch that floor vent in the winter when the heat is on. It may get hot.

Once winter really hits we're movings things around her room...but since Adam will be deploying when the worst of winter is here, we'll be in Ohio. I'm hoping then we have orders. We do watch the vents...blast it, the other rooms have them on the ceilings. Go figure her room has them on the floor.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:36 pm

It is dorky to have them on the floor where people can step on them or baby people can crawl on them. Hopefully Ohio will be smarter.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:11 pm

^ Although a safety hazard, it makes more sense to put heating vents on the floor. Hot air rises, so the air will warm the room as it goes up. The ones on the ceiling don't work as well because it takes so long to even feel it.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jessixxfan Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:30 pm

i wish i had a book collection that big!

but no one can beat my friend's dvd collection...it takes up an entire wall. like no joke top to bottom side to side. he has like every freaking movie! his dad used to be a movie critic so they have like a million dvd's!
jessixxfan
jessixxfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:36 am

SamIAm wrote:
scifidawn wrote:
SamIAm wrote:
secret_life8 wrote:i cannot take a picture of it (because some are with my sister), but me and my sister have so many Harry Potter books. We have three sets of the books (one paperback, two hardbacks). Then we have the full set of the books in french and the British edition. we also have the first books in spanish and german. In total that is 37 books that are only Harry Potter books.

I'm not that far behind you. I have all 7 books in hardcover, paperback, and in the British editions. And then I have The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Quidditch through the Ages, and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. So that's 24 books.

Did you hear that JKR is not ruling out future books?
Yep. I saw her interview on Oprah the other day. I knew as soon as I finished Reading the Deathly Hallows that she wasn't really done with the series. She left way too much open. The major thing that screamed "the series isn't really over" for me, is the fact that she had him drop the resurrection stone in the forest, instead of having it destroyed, or something.

Yup. They already casted the new actors for the sequels. It will take place 20 years later. Here is the first promo shot

Spoiler:
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum