Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BORED!

3 posters

Go down

BORED! Empty BORED!

Post by melissa052 Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:46 pm

GAH! Why are these boards so dead! So not helping my boredom! XD

On the bright side, I have an interview/audition tomorrow for an acting job for a haunted house over Halloween season!!! I can't wait!!! I have to recite a 2-3 minute monologue, which I've chosen from Doctor Who S3E10:Blink!

Creatures from another world, only statues when you see them. Lonely assassins, they used to be called. No one quite knows where they came from but they are as old as the universe, or very nearly. They have survived this long because they have the perfect defense system, they are quantum locked. They don't exist when they are being observed. The moment they are seen by any other living creature they freeze into rock. No choice, it's a fact of their biology. In the sight of any living thing they literally turn to stone. And you can't kill a stone. Of course a stone can't kill you either, but then you turn your head away. And you blink. And oh yes it can. That's why they cover their eyes. Their not weeping, they can't risk looking at each other. Their greatest asset is their greatest curse. They can never be seen. Loneliest creatures in the universe. And I'm sorry. I'm very, very sorry. But it's up to you now. Your life could depend on this. Don't blink, don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back, don't turn away, and don't blink. Good luck.
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

BORED! Empty Re: BORED!

Post by joselin4life Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:07 pm

Good luck on your interview, tomorrow Smile

Halloween is such a fun holiday. I like haunted houses and stuff like that.

Have you ever been to a real haunted house before? I really want to go to one.
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:21 pm

Good luck with your interview. I'm bored too, but I have plenty to do. 'Tis the season of procrastination.

joselin4life wrote:

I swear my boyfriend's apartment building is haunted. A couple nights ago we went to the window in the stairwell to watch a big storm that was hitting(his apartment is in the middle of the building, so he has a view of a crappy little courtyard). It was 4:30 in the morning and an old lady in curlers we've never seen before came down the stairs from the third floor. We were on the second floor and the only thing that was down the stairs further is one other apartment of a younger lady and the recycling room. There's also a door that leads to other apartments, but we didn't hear it open. This lady completely vanished. Shocked
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:00 pm

joselin4life wrote:Good luck on your interview, tomorrow Smile

Thanks! It wasn't really an interview, more like an orientation then audition. Which went horribly. I knew the monologue well enough and remembered it perfectly but when there's no camera and an added 40ish people, I was terrified. I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with the lack of camera though, just all the other people there. Obviously, something like theater would not be for me like movies and television will be/is. XD

And no, I haven't. The guy I auditioned for said the movie theater we were in was actually haunted though. (The meeting was at an old, unused movie theater)... OOH! And I live less than half a mile from the Clovis Sanitarium which is being transformed into the Wolfe Manor. It's supposedly really haunted and was featured on Ghost Hunters! Even they think it's actually haunted! Very Happy
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:20 am

melissa052 wrote:
joselin4life wrote:Good luck on your interview, tomorrow Smile

Thanks! It wasn't really an interview, more like an orientation then audition. Which went horribly. I knew the monologue well enough and remembered it perfectly but when there's no camera and an added 40ish people, I was terrified. I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with the lack of camera though, just all the other people there. Obviously, something like theater would not be for me like movies and television will be/is. XD

And no, I haven't. The guy I auditioned for said the movie theater we were in was actually haunted though. (The meeting was at an old, unused movie theater)... OOH! And I live less than half a mile from the Clovis Sanitarium which is being transformed into the Wolfe Manor. It's supposedly really haunted and was featured on Ghost Hunters! Even they think it's actually haunted! Very Happy

You're welcome! I get nervous when I have to talk infront of a lot of people. But good luck on your audition Very Happy

That's scary. I was watching The Blair(e) Witch Project, and its soooo creepy.
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down