Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attention Old Forum Family Members!

3 posters

Go down

Attention Old Forum Family Members! Empty Attention Old Forum Family Members!

Post by rpgdancer Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Hey everyone,

I have been writing a blog about my Aspergers, and I've been planning to write about my KXY forum family for awhile. Tonight I finally pulled the trigger. Please check it out, as I had some amazing things to say about you guys.

http://diaryofanaspiegal.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-amazing-internet.html

I miss you all very much!

RPG

rpgdancer

Back to top Go down

Attention Old Forum Family Members! Empty Re: Attention Old Forum Family Members!

Post by Rex Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:51 am

Aww that's nice Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Attention Old Forum Family Members! Empty Re: Attention Old Forum Family Members!

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:38 pm

Hahah I miss the old ABC Family forums. There was so much stupidity to make fun of, but also some really awesome people who didn't make the migration over to this one. Sucks that there's no way to get in contact with them.

Sorry about your struggles. I have two cousins in the autism spectrum, one with full on autism and I'm not sure about the other one. My aunt and uncle don't like to talk about their children's "flaws" and I don't want to sound like a dick and ask "hey, what's wrong with your kid", but with all of the disabilities and psychology courses I've taken in college, I can tell it's something autism related. They both have a hard time in social situations, they're very awkward, but they try their best.

You're always welcome here, this place isn't as active as we all would like it to be, but a hand full of us still check in regularly. Whether you need to vent about something, or if you're just bored, someone will talk to you.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Indeed. Kinda wish we can get some more people here or we can invade some forum and take them over and make them all bow down to us muhahaha

Yeah. The social stigma around mental or any other kind of handicap is incredible. Especially around here in Eastern Europe. It's like those people don't even exist to society. It's extremely rare to even see a person in a wheelchair since it's generally expected that they only stay home(which is not helped by the fact that our streets and most of our buildings are a horror show to anyone in a wheel chair)

True. Even when we are not very active someone will always appear
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:17 pm

Rex wrote:

Yeah. The social stigma around mental or any other kind of handicap is incredible. Especially around here in Eastern Europe. It's like those people don't even exist to society. It's extremely rare to even see a person in a wheelchair since it's generally expected that they only stay home(which is not helped by the fact that our streets and most of our buildings are a horror show to anyone in a wheel chair)

I have a relative who is in a wheelchair after being paralyzed in a car accident. She's completely independent. Elementary school teacher. She drives a minivan completely modified for her- a lift to get in, her chair secures to the floor on the drivers side, hand pedals. It's pretty badass.

We have a pretty significant stigma surrounding mentally/intellectually handicapped here in the US, I've noticed it more with working with that population and going out into the community with them. I'm glad that I usually work at night while they're sleeping rather than taking them places during the day, because I'd get myself into trouble. People are just so insensitive and just plain mean, it's amazing how often people try to take advantage of a disabled person and its frustrating.

Even with the autism spectrum, many people just don't understand what it is. Ignorance makes people act insensitive, even when they're not trying to be.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:18 pm

I don't know about people taking advantage of them but I think that's mostly because for most people they don't exist. This is a relic from the communist era around here. Everybody who was mentally disabled and didn't stay at home usually got rounded up and put in a mental asylum. Out of sight out of mind and people got used to it and that's what they expect now
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:09 am

Same here. Ever hear of Willowbrook? Youtube it, its a horrifying look into how we used to treat our disabled. We used to lock them away too. While intellectually disabled have programs they can go into now, like the agency I work for, those with psychological issues are getting screwed over. All of the state mental institutions are closing down. People who actually need to be institutionalized and benefit from it are being released and they're ending up homeless on the streets. NY state is too dumb to realize that they're not saving money by closing these places, all money saved is just going to go into the prison system where these people will eventually end up because they have no life skills, job skills, nothing to allow them to be functional and independent in society.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:53 am

Yeah. Same thing happened here after the regime fell. Everybody was too busy stealing so they just let the patients loose. Now we actually have homeless people here(something which is very unusual for us) and from what I gather a lot of them are exactly people with such problems. The system is so fucked up. Pretty much the only time anyone ever cares about the disabled is if one of them goes crazy and does something violent
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down