Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michelle and others who respect the SANCTITY of Life

+5
AshleyMC
Hannah_Banana222
PiperC!
Rex
scifidawn
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Michelle and others who respect the SANCTITY of Life Empty Michelle and others who respect the SANCTITY of Life

Post by scifidawn Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:52 am

Dear Friend of Catholic Vote,

Please don’t delete this! Time is of the essence.

As you read this message, Congress is right now debating a bill to fund our government.

The debate over a temporary budget will also include a key vote on whether Planned Parenthood will continue to received millions of taxpayer dollars --- our money!

Now is the time to cut Planned Parenthood off the federal dole.

We spoke yesterday with the office of Indiana Rep. Mike Pence, and he needs our help. They need all pro-life voters to contact their Representative and ask them to support the Pence Amendment to cut off funding for Planned Parenthood.

This vote relates to the temporary funding “Continuing Resolution” that will keep our government funded through the end of the year. Rep. Pence will introduce an amendment that would prohibit any federal funds this year from going to Planned Parenthood.

This vote could happen as early as tomorrow. Please stop what you are doing and call now!

Call the Capitol Hill switchboard: (202) 224-3121
Tell your Representative: Support the Pence Amendment!

Of course, not every Member of Congress is pro-life. But you don’t have to be 100% pro-life to support this amendment. Our government is out of money. The last place our dollars should be going is to Big Abortion.

The first objection you will likely hear is: “This money does not pay for abortions but pays for women’s health.”

But everyone knows that funds are fungible. Taxpayers provide Planned Parenthood $363 million a year. That means one-third of Planned Parenthood’s annual budget comes from the hard working Americans – including you and me! If our tax money is paying for salaries, or rent or other expenses, that frees up their other money to be spent on abortion.

And abortion is what Planned Parenthood does. They are responsible for nearly one-quarter, or over 324,000, abortions in the United States every year. It’s an outrage that taxpayers have to support Planned Parenthood.

Planned Parenthood has declared an emergency. Tens of thousands of their members are calling to protect this funding.

Your representative needs to hear from you. Before it’s too late.

Please call your Representative today at (202) 224-3121.

Tell them to support the Pence Amendment to the CR (Amendment #11).

Sincerely,

- Your Friends at CatholicVote

P.S. If you are uncertain who your representative is, you can look them up here with your zip code:
http://www.house.gov/zip/ZIP2Rep.html

scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Michelle and others who respect the SANCTITY of Life Empty Re: Michelle and others who respect the SANCTITY of Life

Post by Rex Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:39 am

Rep. Pence will introduce an amendment that would prohibit any federal funds this year from going to Planned Parenthood
Yes by all means why support an organization that helps people acquire protection and performs abortions in a safe environment. Screw those kids and woman in difficult situations. They can have sex without protection and if they feel like getting abortion they should go to some backalley or contact a drug dealer for abortion pills. Much better

Our government is out of money. The last place our dollars should be going is to Big Abortion.
Yes. The last place. Much better to invest them in the Big Military right. Cause that makes sense

But everyone knows that funds are fungible. Taxpayers provide Planned Parenthood $363 million a year.
That's what two jetfighters? Yes I can see the need to deseprately shut them down

I am especially glad to see that it's catholics who are leading the charge. They really are a shinign example of morals. Although I am surprised that they are limiting themselves to this. I would have thought they would concentrate all their efforts on supporting nambla.
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Michelle and others who respect the SANCTITY of Life Empty Re: Michelle and others who respect the SANCTITY of Life

Post by PiperC! Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:15 pm

"They are responsible for nearly one-quarter, or over 324,000, abortions in the United States every year."

Three percent of Planned Parenthoods health services are abortions.
PiperC!
PiperC!

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:18 pm

Just wondering if you think the other 97% of their services, providing contraception, tests and treatments for STDS, breast exams, pap smears etc. are important?
PiperC!
PiperC!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:26 pm

While everyone here knows I'm pro-life, I have to say I can't disagree with this more.

Planned Parenthood isn't just an abortion clinic. Like Piper said, they do tons of other stuff. Good, important stuff.

One of the biggest things they provide is birth control. Not only does it prevent babies, it prevents abortions!! Surprised I'm sure it's safe to say PP has prevented more baby-killings than it's given.

So if these crazy republicans want to cut their budget, that's pretty stupid, especially if the reasons are what's given here. Only instead of taking money away from abortions (I'm pretty sure women pay for those, or at least most of them, not the government.), you're taking away from their birth control budget. Now they won't be able to give BC to girls who can't afford it. Which won't stop them from having sex. They'll still do it. They'll just get pregnant.

So either there will be even more abortions or more kids. And because most of the women that go there go because it's cheaper, they're not the kind of people that need to be having children. Nothing against poor people, but these kids don't need to be living a life of poverty.

Okay. End rant.
Just know that this may have the opposite effect of what you want.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Michelle and other Prolifers:

Here is a website which shows some video proof of the corruption at PP.

http://liveaction.org/
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:50 pm

scifidawn wrote:Michelle and other Prolifers:

Here is a website which shows some video proof of the corruption at PP.

http://liveaction.org/

Hmmm oh you mean this stuff

Controversy and criticism

[edit]Actions by Pro-life activists

Planned Parenthood supporters in Columbus, OH
A few pro-life organizations have carried out actions against Planned Parenthood in attempts to substantiate claims that Planned Parenthood did not follow applicable local laws. The groups typically call or visit a Planned Parenthood health center with varying acts: sometimes posing as victims of statutory rape,[62] minors who would need parental notification for abortion,[63][64] racists seeking to earmark donations for abortions for black women,[65] or pimps who want abortions for child prostitutes.[66] The dialogues are recorded and edited to show employees being seemingly sympathetic to potentially criminal acts, leading to allegations that the health centers in question are violating the law.[dubious – discuss][citation needed] However, none of these stings have led to criminal conviction.[64][63] Furthermore, a 2005 federal inspection by the pro-life Bush administration's Department of Health and Human Services "yielded no evidence of clinics around the nation failing to comply with laws on reporting child abuse, child molestation, sexual abuse, rape or incest."[63]
Planned Parenthood clinics have been the target of multiple instances of anti-abortion violence.[67][68]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_Parenthood#cite_note-Extreme-66
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleyMC Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:45 pm

I go to PP because I do not have insurance. I get free services through PP, that includes my annual exams that are MUCH needed, and that is how I receive my BC because there is no way I could afford it right now on my own. So PP does have some positives to it. I would rather them helping people with BC than kids/teens going around getting pregnant all the time.
AshleyMC
AshleyMC
Super Mom
Super Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:02 pm

AshleyMC wrote:I go to PP because I do not have insurance. I get free services through PP, that includes my annual exams that are MUCH needed, and that is how I receive my BC because there is no way I could afford it right now on my own. So PP does have some positives to it. I would rather them helping people with BC than kids/teens going around getting pregnant all the time.

There is a man, a father, who cares for his family, supports them, takes his kids to games and movies......97 percent of the time. The other 3 percent he abuses them and molests them. Now, would you consider him a fit father? Would you respect him for the 97% of the time he is NOT harming his kids. The think that people say about PP, that it does other stuff 97%, does not hold water.

I think they should split into two businesses, a valid good one and then the other, which should have no funding.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:22 pm

scifidawn wrote:
AshleyMC wrote:I go to PP because I do not have insurance. I get free services through PP, that includes my annual exams that are MUCH needed, and that is how I receive my BC because there is no way I could afford it right now on my own. So PP does have some positives to it. I would rather them helping people with BC than kids/teens going around getting pregnant all the time.

There is a man, a father, who cares for his family, supports them, takes his kids to games and movies......97 percent of the time. The other 3 percent he abuses them and molests them. Now, would you consider him a fit father? Would you respect him for the 97% of the time he is NOT harming his kids. The think that people say about PP, that it does other stuff 97%, does not hold water.

I think they should split into two businesses, a valid good one and then the other, which should have no funding.

So I shouldn't support the Military or the Troops over seas? As Rex pointed out not every action done by the Military or the troops are the best thing. They have done some horrible things. Actually heard of a sniper team that leaves stuff that could be used to construct a bomb as bait, and when anyone comes and takes anything, they shoot to kill. Are they terrorist planning to use that stuff to make something or are they innocent civilians who have different purposes for that stuff? Maybe they are like me and sometimes find something laying on the side of the sidewalk and pick it up to goof around with it? They don't know, but they shoot them anyways.

Then there is just the US Government in general. Most of the time they are pretty great. But then again they have carried out illegal human experimentation without the peoples consent.

So what should we do about the Government or the Military? Should we support and continue to fund them even though that while most of the time they do some great things they also have carried out horrible experiments on people?

This list goes on and on.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:31 am

scifidawn wrote:

You a Catholic of all people are trying to give molestation comparisons? And of little kids of all things. You really have no shame do you?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:32 am

Didn't even catch that... probably not the best comparison to make as a Catholic. I mean... what with all them priests and all.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:25 am

Unit7 wrote:Didn't even catch that... probably not the best comparison to make as a Catholic. I mean... what with all them priests and all.
Not so much the priests themselves as that the entire church including the Pope have been covering their crimes(I wouldn't be surprised if the sheer number of peodphile priests is due to buzz traveling through pedophile rings that the Catholic church is covering up their activities). This is literally an entire organization implicated in pedophilia. Not some metaphors or comparisons the kinda of which dawn likes but actual crime. An awful one at that. And for someone like Dawn who is actively supporting this pro pedophile organization to dare and use such comparisons...as I said. She doesn't have any shame
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:38 pm

You already fucked low income women with the Hyde Amendment, why not take it further, eh? Make it so that these women aren't allowed to have birth control either. That's intelligent.

If you're against abortion, fine. But don't mess with people's healthcare. Thousands of women rely on Planned Parenthood for their exams, including pap smears to test for HPV and prevent cervical cancer. Testing for other STDs. Treatment. By taking away the funding, you're putting all of these women at risk. Until Roe vs. Wade is overturned, abortion should be treated as any other medical procedure. ANY woman, including those with a low income or none at all, should have access to the procedure, as well as birth control and STD testing/treatment, if they need or want to have it. You're discriminating against those less financially fortunate. You really should be ashamed of yourself.

I doubt that anybody agrees where all of their tax money is going. Personally I would like to see a drug test/active participation in a drug treatment program requirement for any public assistance. But am I going to have a shitfit over it because people are snorting their welfare check? No. Am I going to go on a bitch tirade because people sell their food stamps for drugs while their kids are starving at home? No. Because I have far better things to do, like finish my education so I can actually make a difference in people's lives instead of sitting back, complaining, and fucking people over just because they have a different opinion than me.

Last edited by xChorusOfAngelsx on Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheYoungTurks#p/u/2/64xnr0nHVY8
PiperC!
PiperC!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:37 am

Wait what's this? Federal money it's not even used to fund abortions. There goes the whole indignation over your tax money being used for abortion. Oh oh Dawn. Did you just happen to be a sheep once again without researching your facts? Let me guess you won't have anything to say again right? Cause god forbid you own up to your mistakes and do the right thing

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Mother F#@kers
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogThe Daily Show on Facebook

Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:02 pm

Rex wrote:Wait what's this? Federal money it's not even used to fund abortions. There goes the whole indignation over your tax money being used for abortion. Oh oh Dawn. Did you just happen to be a sheep once again without researching your facts? Let me guess you won't have anything to say again right? Cause god forbid you own up to your mistakes and do the right thing

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Mother F#@kers
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogThe Daily Show on Facebook

Federal tax dollars are going to them for something, they MUST be using it for abortion. Because PP is evil, you know. There are tapes to prove it! Or something. Rolling Eyes
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:22 pm

Let's here it for North Dakota!!!

http://blog.secularprolife.org/2011/02/great-things-in-north-dakota.html
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:16 pm

More, Margaret Sanger herself showing her eugenics views and racism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEja-1emRic&feature=related
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:18 pm

Here is a rather shocking ad but it does show a good analogy. I bet you were shocked and apalled at this ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpuDbY3xU20
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:26 pm

scifidawn wrote:Here is a rather shocking ad but it does show a good analogy. I bet you were shocked and apalled at this ad.

That is the most disgusting propaganda ad I have ever witnessed in my life. I seriously feel sorry for you and others like you.
PiperC!
PiperC!

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:53 pm

PiperC! wrote:
scifidawn wrote:Here is a rather shocking ad but it does show a good analogy. I bet you were shocked and apalled at this ad.

That is the most disgusting propaganda ad I have ever witnessed in my life. I seriously feel sorry for you and others like you.

Then, the feeling is mutual. I feel DEEPLY sorry for all of you who do not see the value we put on life.

And, did you even look at the one on Margaret Sanger? Here it is again. It may behoove you to look at this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEja-1emRic&feature=related
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:04 pm

Then, the feeling is mutual. I feel DEEPLY sorry for all of you who do not see the value we put on life.

You miss the point. Piper is not criticizing your stand point on the issue. It's normal that one would feel stongly on such an issue. She is critcizing your ego and hypocritical behavior which has landed you in a crowd of extremists that have absolutely no self awarness and really don't understand just how crazy they sound. Since you are too insane when it come to abortions let me demonstrate a similar example. Let's take Israel another hot topic

Now a normal person criticizing it's actions would say something like this

Normal:I understand the difficult socio political position that the Israeli people find themselves in but I feel that sometimes their actions cross legal and moral boundaries that shouldn't be crossed

Extremist: Those dirty jews once again proof that they should have been all burned in ww2

Now when it comes to abortion you sound and use methods pretty much identical to my extremist example over there. You really should take a step back, perhaps take a breather from all the yes people you surround yourself with and even though it's scary switch back your brain on to see in what you have turned yourself into
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:20 pm

Yes, I should clarify. I don't agree with pro-lifers, but I respect their position. People that do things like those videos and bill boards and those PP lies, however, I do not. Scare tactics and propaganda are neither honorable nor ethical ways to support your views on anything.

Last edited by PiperC! on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
PiperC!
PiperC!

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:22 pm

And I happen to like bunnies and find that commercial very distasteful and disturbing. I clicked out of it right after I saw them put the bunny in the blender.

Blending animals, and terminating a pregnancy are not the same thing!
PiperC!
PiperC!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum