Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invasion: A Sort of Review

2 posters

Go down

Invasion: A Sort of Review  Empty Invasion: A Sort of Review

Post by Unit7 Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:22 pm

I first heard about Invasion a couple years back when Scifi held one of their daily marathons and that day was Invasion. I read the synopsis of it and I thought it sounded interesting enough. But I never sat down and watched it. On and off I thought about watching it, as the whole concept had me interested.

Finally very recently I realized I needed something new to watch. During this period I realized Spartacus Blood and Sand and Gods of the Arena might be the only show I can watch over and over within a short time span. But then when I was browsing moviewatch's TV selection for scifi I stumbled onto Invasion.

Now that I have told you all that... why? I dunno. Why does Crazy Dave give you a walnut to bowl zombies with?(awesome game btw.)

Invasion is about a small town near the Everglades that during Hurricane Eve people would vanish or disapear for a time and when they were discovered they were naked and have no idea how it happened. During the Hurricane the Main Character's(Russel) daughter sees Lights landing in the water. The show focuses on Russel and his brother in law Dave try and figure out what the hell is happening to the people and in general a mysterious orange glowing fish. Dave is convinced its EBE(extraterrestrial Biological Entity) and Russel doesn't have a clue whats going on.

It's sorta like Invasion of the Body Snatchers but different. I think. You know sad to say I never seen that movie. I know I should too.

Bad synopsis. I know. You can always wikipedia that stuff if you really want.

What I really like about this series is that the motives of these EBE's are not clearly laid out. I'm on episode 12 and I am still not sure what exactly is their goal. Most of the victims are unaware of what happened. All they know is that after the Hurricane or after some event they experienced after the Hurricane(why I capitalize Hurricane I dunno.) somehow changed them.

In most Alien invasion stories it becomes clear what the motives are. Hell I am sure Invasion is the same aswell. But unlike V or First Wave(which I should really finish. I really enjoyed that show) everything is sorta shrowded in mystery. Even what can be seen as the Main Villian, the leader of sorts, doesn't necessarily seem like a bad guy. Hell I am not entirely sure his goals are. Sometimes they seem like dasterdly evil stuff and then some actions leave you wondering or considering maybe he isn't too bad after all. I dunno.

Ok I am doing a bad job at this. But I do know that I enjoy how everything is not so clear. It's a nice change of pace.

But the series is really great so far. Its unfortunate that this was only picked up for only 1 season. I hear that during its run it had like a hiatus or two or whatever. Sometimes I think the network just wants to purposely sabotage the good stuff.

If you like Alien invasion stories this is probably a good idea to watch.

or something.

You know I could have sworn I was better at this. Or maybe I was always this bad.

I could start a series 'The Incredibly Horrid Reviewer'

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Invasion: A Sort of Review  Empty Re: Invasion: A Sort of Review

Post by Rex Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:35 pm

For a second there I thought you were talking about the movie and I was like wait..what?

I only saw a few episodes of invasion because that was in the days before the torrent era for me and I had to rely on TV and my memory to watch TV. I really should watch it

By the way nice to see another V fan. The show is nice. I mean it could use some work but it's been getting really good lately and I love the heck out of all the girls on it. Especially Lisa
Spoiler:

And I love the First Wave. Especially Crazy Eddie. That dude rocked so hard

Speaking of oldies I recently started watching Day Break. And I gotta say I like it. I really really love the idea of time loops and here it's explored in a very interesting way, without obvious solutions and with interesting quirks.
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Rex wrote:For a second there I thought you were talking about the movie and I was like wait..what?

Didn't realize there was a movie called Invasion... ok so maybe I did as it is one of those generic titles. lol

I only saw a few episodes of invasion because that was in the days before the torrent era for me and I had to rely on TV and my memory to watch TV. I really should watch it

You really should. So far I haven't been disapointed with any episode. Actually there is something rather disturbing about one of the characters desires. Mostly because you know what happens and they dont.

By the way nice to see another V fan. The show is nice. I mean it could use some work but it's been getting really good lately and I love the heck out of all the girls on it. Especially Lisa
Spoiler:

V definitely could use some work. But mostly when it comes to Tyler. The whole thing with his DNA and why Anna is so desperate to keep him is interesting but the character just sorta gets on my nerves. I also have to admit that I am not particularly enjoying that one badass character(forget his name) is going to become a double agent even if it is unwillingly. It just seems like that angle was already played out through that one V fifth column guy(who I can't remember the name)

Overall I really do enjoy the series and am looking forward to them actually fighting back. Been what almost two seasons and they haven't really done a whole lot.(have yet to see the latest episode. lol)

Also couldn't agree more about Lisa.

And I love the First Wave. Especially Crazy Eddie. That dude rocked so hard

Can't remember where I left off but I do remember Crazy Eddie being awesome. Also in general the show is just fun to watch and see the many different experiments the Alien ppls are doing.

Speaking of oldies I recently started watching Day Break. And I gotta say I like it. I really really love the idea of time loops and here it's explored in a very interesting way, without obvious solutions and with interesting quirks.

Hmm never heard of the show but reading the synopsis it sounds really interesting. Now when I finish Invasion I have something new to watch. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:18 am

Lol the movie was kinda crap but Nicole Kidman is hot so the eye candy made the experience of watching it bearable

I know I know. Good thing is that it's just in time for a good viewing since I exhausted my other shows. Also must make a note to see what the hell is going with Bleach.

I am just about to watch the finale of V. I heard they are some nice sexy scenes of Lisa so I am really looking forward to that. And hopefully another one with Erica. Man did you see what rocking body she still has in the sex scenes? Amazing

Absolutely. I remember the finale being a little lame but the journey was awesome. I really gotta watch it again

As an incentive every episode of the show starts with showing this girl in bed Very Happy
Invasion: A Sort of Review  Moon_Bloodgood_actor
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:24 pm

Watching episode 1 now
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:04 pm

I think it will be a series you will enjoy. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:30 pm

Lol it sure is. I enjoyed it in the past as well but the fact that it was on TV and my lack of attention span kept me from watching all of it. Thank boobs for torrents. I am just about to watch episode four right now
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:02 am

Rex wrote:Lol it sure is. I enjoyed it in the past as well but the fact that it was on TV and my lack of attention span kept me from watching all of it. Thank boobs for torrents. I am just about to watch episode four right now

I am curious as to how you are enjoying the series so far or if you finished? Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:01 am

All right. I have to say I enjoyed the entire series immensely and the final blew my mind. But first things first. The characters

I kinda liked Mariel. You could really feel the hardships she experienced with the change and how torn she was between her love for her husband and her fear of the unknown

Russel. Altough there were a few annoying moments with him and he could be a stubborn fool at times he wasn't bad and usually ended up doing the right thing even if he didn't like it

Dave was cool. They made him a bit of a sterotype but he played it well and I enjoyed watching him

Eli was a good villain. I still remember him as Frankin from True Blood(if you haven't watch it you gotta) and it was great to see him as a villain again

I really liked Kira. She was just a really nice and good girl and it was great to see how she remained strong and really mature through all the hardships she suffered. And her thing with Lewis was way less creepy then I expected it to be

Lewis. Huge surprise here. A truly devoted religious person who is actually being shown as a real and realistic character and a really nice guy. The only other place where I have seen this was Freaks and Geeks. Again I am really impressed. TV shows usually have an enourmously hard time dealing with religion

Jesse. To say I couldn't stand Jesse, that I loathed him utterly and that I wished a platapys would chew his face off would be an understatment . He really was the only thing that somewhat made the show momentarily hard for me to watch.

Tom Underlay. The most awesome badass. I loved every second with him. he always kept you wondering which side he was one and he was so awesome in the finale. Honestly he really looked like he could take all of them by himself

I am so pissed that they cancelled it. It had so much potential
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down