Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody watching Being Human? The UK version of course

2 posters

Go down

Anybody watching Being Human? The UK version of course Empty Anybody watching Being Human? The UK version of course

Post by Rex Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Especially the finale? I am still amazed by it. I can't believe they had the guts to go there. I mean I know this is not exactly like the other completely new grounds that they were breaking which were never really seen on TV before but still...damn
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Anybody watching Being Human? The UK version of course Empty Re: Anybody watching Being Human? The UK version of course

Post by Unit7 Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Wait there is a Uk version? All I know is there is a show on Syfy called Being Human. I watched the first episode of that and really wasn't all that interested. Sorta annoyed at how they were complaining and moping around and complaining. Was a bit much.

But if the UK version is any better I might give it a shot.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Anybody watching Being Human? The UK version of course Empty Re: Anybody watching Being Human? The UK version of course

Post by Rex Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:55 pm

Yup. I finished it's third season already. Americans pretty ripped it the way they ripped Skins.

Hmm well the Skins comparisons is very fitting. Human Being was given a very similar treatment. Well at least from the very few american episodes I saw you. It copied a few episodes directly

As for the british version ...hmm well keep in mind I am biased when I say that it's vastly vastly superior. The most essential thing would be the same thing as with Skins. The British characters just feel natural in their element and more importantly have a truly great bond between them. You can see that they are a family.

Also they don't bother with cheesy things like the blurring thing, the mind powers and so on of the vampires. In fact most of the time you can barely see anything special about Mitchell. They put much more emphasis on the character then on special effects

Another great difference is Annie . From what I saw in the american version they did the whole introductory thing and such bs like she can't touch anything. This isn't in the British version. They already start out as a family. Annie can not only touch stuff but she can be seen and she can talk to normal people as well. To the point where she actually get's a regular job. Yes you get to see a ghost working as a bartender. Of course thing change with time but still it's great

Another great thing are the actors. You don't really get the Hollywood type. Much more regular people. For example the main bad guy I think they called him Bishop in the US version is actually called Herick in the UK ones and he looks like this
Anybody watching Being Human? The UK version of course Jason_Watkins

Another one of the main bad vampires

Anybody watching Being Human? The UK version of course Being105a

And Gerorge's the werewolve's girlfriend looks like this

Anybody watching Being Human? The UK version of course Tumblr_ku8a1p2gqv1qa7nf2o1_500

Still very pretty but not some super model like the american version as seen here

Anybody watching Being Human? The UK version of course MV5BMTQzNTkwMjg4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjA2OTA4Mg@@._V1._SX640_SY360_

This all combined adds to the great atmosphere to the show and makes it so great. They don't really takes themselves so seriously. They don't force the drama. It comes naturally and it has a much bigger impact
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down