Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bar Karma- An Aweome Show. :)

Go down

Bar Karma- An Aweome Show. :) Empty Bar Karma- An Aweome Show. :)

Post by Unit7 Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:18 pm

So while struggling to get through The Event... I have no idea why. I mean it's a premise I should enjoy but I just can't seem to get into it. Maybe it's more to do with I still haven't a clue as to what the hell it's all about. Well while doing that I started to look for new shows to watch and came across Bar Karma. Curious and seeing a few comments about it I thought I'd check it out.

Bar Karma is about this Cocky Internet Mogul named Doug Jones who wins the deed to Bar Karma and becomes it's new owner. The Bar exists between parrallel timelines and... well I guess that's really all the explination I have at the moment.

Basicly people from across time wander into the bar without realizing it and are shown the consequences and possible outcomes of their current choices in life. Doug along with James(the bartender) and Dayna(the waitress) try and help these people. or something. You know me, bad at explaining stuff like this.

This show heavily focuses on the idea of the Ripple Effect/Butterfly effect. How our actions, even as small as selling a childrens book, can have drastic changes along the line. Though the show usually just shows two different versions. One with the person's current actions and the other with a more appealing outcome.

The cast has been very small so far. Their are only three main characters and usually small additions such as the person they are currently trying to help and the majority of the show takes place within the bar.

The Main Characters:

Doug. Well I really like Doug. So far it's been sorta about him trying to learn the ropes of the whole business and should work on his peoples skills in these sorts of situations. But he is good main character to have.

James. He is the bartender and sort of the leader of sorts. He sorta comes off as this eccentric kind of character who just because he can, will make and olive out of an olive.(through some process I don't even understand) Though not sure if eccentric is exactly the best description. Either way he is a great character.

Dayna. She's hot and she has an amazingly sexy voice. That's all there is to it... I mean what more can you ask for in a character? Very Happy OK so far, three episodes in, I haven't learned much about her. I know she is a people person and friendly. I also know that for some strange reason she can't leave the bar. Well not sure if she can't but it's hinted at that it wouldn't be a good idea if she left.

The bar itself is pretty cool too. So far anyways. Smile

The episodes are only 20 minutes long so they are short and to the point. All around a great comedy... did I mention that it was also a comedy? o.O with some fun characters. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down