Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Black Donnellys

3 posters

Go down

The Black Donnellys Empty The Black Donnellys

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:05 pm

Holy shit! I completely forgot about this show. It was just browsing through Netflix and saw it. I know how I'm spending spring break! Razz Sucks that it only lasted one season.

It's about four Irish-American brothers who participate in crime in NYC. That's the best description I can give because it has been so long since I've watched it; I don't even think I've seen the last several episodes; they were only shown online, and back when it was on, I still had dial-up making it impossible to watch. All I remember is that I really dig this show, haha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Donnellys

The Black Donnellys Black_10
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

The Black Donnellys Empty Re: The Black Donnellys

Post by Unit7 Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:35 am

Oh I think I will have to give this a shot. Smile

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:17 am

You had me at Olivia Wilde. Off to download it
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:30 pm

Yeah I thought that was her. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:51 pm

And the oldest brother is the dorky kid from The Sandlot. "You're killin' me Smalls!" Razz
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:53 pm

I am really loving this show so far. Though I was starting to wonder if the narrator guy even really knew these brothers. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:45 am

Me too. It's quite interesting/insane and the narrator is hilarious!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Rex wrote:Me too. It's quite interesting/insane and the narrator is hilarious!

I also liked how they played around with it in the first couple episodes. Where the detective asks how does he know this and the narrator is like 'Because maybe I was there' or something and then in the story Tommy goes 'How long have you been here?' then turns to kevin and asks him and he is just as stumped as Tommy. Of course the narrator isn't seen as they leave the building.

Then at the bar where both characters present hadn't even noticed him and then asked if he paid for that beer. Razz

I love how in one scene where you actually see the Narrator talking their is that guard outside his cell and he is reading a book trying not to pay attention.

I actually don't mind seeing the 'previously on' flashbacks because of him. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:29 am

Just finished and I was really hoping to see Tommy beat the living shit out of Samson. That asshole.... but what I got instead was even better. But it still be great to see that anyways. Though why doesn't she just let Tommy know about Samson? I mean I can understand her not wanting him to kill the dude... because thats probably how it end up going down.

Back to Joey(the narrator) I love how no one seems to believe his stories. part of me wonders if perhaps if the series had an actual ending we'd learn he is in some insane ward at some prison. I just wanna know how much truth is actually in his stories. I actually invisioned an ending where Joey is released and meets up with the brothers and he confesses to them how he basically ratted them all out and no one seemed to believe him(of course being some great plot twist that Tommy put together)

But... well there is one thing he says that has me bugged. Exactly why would the Donnellys have a contract out on him? He makes a small mention of it towards the end of the series. I mean half the time Joey doesn't seem to be present but when he is he seems to be willing to go that extra mile for them. But unless it was going to be some trick I guess he really wouldn't be ratting them out. Unless its revealed they were all dead and Joey just wants the truth out there... but... eh. Well I guess we will probably never know.

This series was just incredible though. Olivia Wilde was great and I really wanted to see more moments between her character and Tommy.

Jimmy was... well he was just a loose cannon throughout the series. He just had no self control and did whatever the hell he pleased.

Tommy was also a great character. He seems to be caught up in trying to help someone or cleaning up someones mistake half the time.

Kevin was also a fun character. Turns out if he only paid attention to his gut more then he did trying to calculate his bets he'd probably be the luckiest guy. Razz

Shawn... well other then being able to get any girl he wants you don't learn to much about him. Well he hates school. Thats something.

Great show. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:47 am

Joey Ice Cream was the shit! Haha Razz I just finished watching. It really sucks that it was cancelled; I really want to know how and why Joey was arrested and what happened with the Donnellys. Would Jimmy and Joany always be junkies? Would Tommy end up with Jenny? Would Sean be able to honor his girlfriend's decision to wait until marriage? How would they deal with their mother's death (assuming she died)? I would have liked to see the thing between Jimmy, Tommy, and Jenny come out from when they were kids; so that Jimmy would know that Tommy didn't betray him and go after his girl. I kind of felt bad for Jimmy. Not just because of that, but his life in general; perhaps he wouldn't have resorted to substance abuse if the accident didn't happen with his leg. I kind of would have liked to see the progression of Jenny's dad's Alzheimer's and how she deals with it as well.

I think the show would have done much better on a different channel, like FX. It was on NBC and if I remember correctly, it was on at 10pm. I don't think it was given the chance to reach the right audience.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:36 am

I should have replied to you ages ago.

Especially when it boils down to such a short reply. I agree with just about everything.

Personally I was wondering if Jimmy would ever find out who was responsible for the car accident.

It's a shame that shows like these don't get to find a proper footing. Right out of the door they seemed to have had troubles. I believe the third episode was actually pulled from being aired on TV and was instead broadcasted on the Internet. though I have seen that episode and I don't see what was so bad about it. But then maybe I am just a bit too desensitized.

Do you remember if it was aired on Fridays? 10 pm on a Friday? You couldn't possibly find a faster way to kill your series. You know when I first heard that Fridays were usually death sentence I was confused. Then I realized I was the dork who stayed home on Friday nights. Razz

But yes. This series had a bunch of potential and it's sad to see it didn't get a proper chance.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:29 am

I'm pretty sure it was on a school night. Maybe Sunday or Monday? I don't know. But it would be a complete waste of time putting a show like this on Fridays.

Hahah I was a dork too.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down