Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walking Dead

3 posters

Go down

Walking Dead Empty Walking Dead

Post by Unit7 Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:35 am

Overall I have just loved this season. Well ok I admit I sorta wish they would have left the farm sooner instead of having to wait until season 3. But I must admit it was going to happen one way or another. At some point they were going to find a ideal place to set up camp and finally find a home in the zombie infested world.

The Search for Sophia went a bit to long, but then again I guess it was only 5 or 6 episodes.(why must Walking Dead have so few episodes per season?) But the conclusion to that story arch was great.

And Season 2 part b has been fantastic. Seriously if you were disappointed with the lack of zombies in the first half, then I think this half will more then make up for it. Though it does bug the hell out of me whenever I hear a complaint about the lack of 'zombies' Look 12 year old. If you want to see a bunch of zombies get beaten to death go rent any of the hundreds of zombie movies. PersonallY I love the general balance of Walkers and the struggles and personal issues of the group trying to get along.(I think I have stepped on this soap box a few times now...)

I have also loved this issue of walkers being found with no bites on them. But it always bugged me. What exactly is transfering the virus? Because it just annoys me when they kill a zombie and their face gets splattered with blood and gore. I mean it looks great but to me I'd be freaking out if I had a bunch of Zombie blood on me especially around my eyes and mouth(funnily enough Rick makes a comment about avoiding touching near your eyes in like episode 2 when they covered themselves in walker guts.)

So my guess is that all that unprotected zombie slaying has led to the virus to actually be present within the body to some degree. Its not powerful enough to turn someone(though who knows maybe with enough of it, it could start messing with ones mind... like Shane.)

That or it has simply mutated to a point where its airborn but doesn't take over until the body is dead. That or maybe it wasn't a virus and Hell has just full?

The whole prisoner thing. I really felt bad for the kid. It seemed like Dale was the only one on his side. The other choices Rick and Shane provided for dealing with this was just a death sentence. Sure he was shooting at them back at the bar but lets face it he was most likely going along with it so that he wouldn't be alone. A common theme in shows that somehow deal with the prison system(cop shows and such) bring up the idea of a prisoner joining up with a gang simply to get some protection. Probably happens way to often in real life too. A white guy may not be a racist and find the white supremisist(sp) group repulsive, but just to survive he will probably join up. Thats what the kid was doing.

Assuming they did just drop him off in the middle of nowhere... if he could get in contact with his old group... it wouldn't have mattered if they had dropped him off far away or just let him walk away from the barn. They probably should have just kept a close eye on him but over all just let him be free. Sure there is a chance he might try and run off... but what are the odds that they would even be easily found? He did say they moved around quite a bit.

But I guess this is why I love post apocalyptic settings. It challenges the characters humanity. Such a world can bring out the worst in people. Such as those guys in the bar or those rapist amongst the prisoners group. Most of them were probably alright guys before the Walkers. Someone you could go get a beer with. But when the world changes, the rules change and we all change.

Also it really sucked that Dale died. I liked him. Also I really hate Carl. I'd rather get in a shit ton of trouble for stealing a gun and going where I wasn't supposed to then to just let a walker be roaming around. Sorta hard for me not to blame him for Dales death... Also there is definitely going to be some big tension between Rick and Carl after Shanes death.

Speaking of Shane. I am actually surprised they killed him off. It was clear after the first season finale that it would end up being a fight to the death between them. Season 2 has been just building and building towards that moment...

Speaking of what Season 2 has been building up to.

Wait. How is it that they could be walking through the forest like that and not see all those Walkers? At the very end of the episode it looked like the walkers were coming out of the woods and stuff(or maybe I am poor eye sight and didn't see it properly) Either way a large group of walkers is on their way to the farm.

This should be an exciting season.

While for season 3 I hope to see more traveling and...

Damnit when I looked up to see if Walking Dead had even been renewed(Which it has... back in October apparently.) I got spoiled on a few things. Mainly on the major antagonist of the comic series(I really should read them sometime...) who is apparently going to be introduced.

But it did give some insight into somethings. I mean we have seen them traveling, and we have seen them try and make a home for themselves. Now I want to see them stumble across a small community.

I think this is sorta why I enjoyed Jeremiah. You got to see all these different kinds of communities and towns and how society is now after the big death. Some of them doing well for themselves and others ruled by dictators and shit.

I hope we do get to see what kind of communities we will see in the Walking Dead. Smile

But right now I am just excited to see the season finale. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Walking Dead Empty Re: Walking Dead

Post by Unit7 Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:17 pm

The season finale was epic. Right off the bat it kicks off with a nice horde of zombies attacking the farm. It was great seeing them in the cars trying to herd them while picking them off(ever notice that everyone gets a headshot in zombie movies?)

Also Hershal was pretty badass. He just stood his ground with his shotgun. Also I couldn't help but notice the face with the barn. It gave the whole thing an even creepier feeling to it though.

I also liked how the episode started off. With that damned helicopter. Thats the second time we have seen that helicopter and it strikes me odd. Was that horde been walking towards the farm the entire time of the series? Then again maybe it was just another helicopter or the same helicopter at a different time.

But I still find it odd that we saw it in the first season(well I am pretty sure. I do remember another post apocalyptic series with a similar helicopter scene) It also looked they were eating something... a horse maybe? Didn't get a good look at it.

katana girl.

One of the few spoilers I didn't get to avoid on a different forum was that in the comics their is this girl who uses a sword. Even though I have yet to read them, I got a bit excited when I saw her. Then I got a bit disturbed with the two walkers she had chained together on a leash with their arms cut off...

I was actually surprised we got to see Andrea's fate to some degree. It seemed like a perfect opprotunity to leave it undecided until season 3. I also half expect to see her be rather cold and well hating on the group because they left her behind. Not intentionally of course. but... well hard not to be pissed after that.

I almost forgot about the scene where the Scientist(Jenner?) whispered in Rick's ear. I can't say I blame him for keeping that a secret. I mean what good does it do to tell them? Rick didn't even believe him until Shane. It would have just screwed with everyones mind. I'd be pissed sure... but then again I see why.

Speaking of Rick. I think he has gone off the deep end. Killing his best friend, his loss of the farm and any sense of security, their ammo and supplies down to nothing. The way Lori refused to let him touch her at all. The look in her eye. And then you throw in everyone thinking they'd be better off without him? Shit. That's enough to push anyone off the edge.

Its actually funny. How did Rick become the leader anyways? It's no surprise whatsoever. But... when and how did that shift happen in the first place? Whether they like it or not though, Rick is probably their best chance at surviving.

Rick declares that the group is no longer a democracy... and then just a few seconds later you see a small town thats been fenced off.

This is what I have been looking forward too. Seeing an actual community that has what Rick has been searching for. A safe haven for people. Now I already have a good idea as to what that community is going to be like. But no big surprise there. But the democracy thing is a nice bit of foreshadowing.

Also. If everyone is infected, what does that mean for pregnant women? My guess is that when they do meet up with this community you will have the standard 'Some are fine while others...'

Damnit. I am completely jealous of the Doctor and his TARDIS. He doesn't have to wait between seasons. He can just jump in time a few years or until his favorite show is cancelled and just enjoy it. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:31 am

Ok damn. I am feeling really lazy right now so I will leave this till tomorrow. Just putting this here to remind me

Speaking of the Doctor did you hear that the new companion was announced?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:17 pm

Rex wrote:Ok damn. I am feeling really lazy right now so I will leave this till tomorrow. Just putting this here to remind me

Speaking of the Doctor did you hear that the new companion was announced?

Oh no I hadn't heard that. I can be real slow when it comes to these things. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:25 am

I didn't read because I've only seen the first season, which I loved. But I must say....It killed me to see them take apart that Challenger in the second(?) episode. That poor, poor, sexy Challenger. No
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down