Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who

2 posters

Go down

Doctor Who Empty Doctor Who

Post by Unit7 Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:29 am

I knew something was happening on September 1st. I just couldn't remember what. Then again I think two things were supposed to happen... but I completely forgot about the Doctor. Oh how I have missed him.

The first episode was brilliant. I loved it. It had some humor, some action, horror, and the ending was heartwrenching.

First off. I was really sad to see that Amy and Rory's marriage was falling a part. If there ever was a couple I ship, it would be those two. Also Amy looked... particularly hot this episode. Though kinda sad to hear that they can't have any more children. Was sorta hoping the Doctor would be all 'Oh is that all?' and then whisk them away to some fancy hospital... maybe that one run by Cat people? Oh well.

The Daleks. I don't think I'll ever truly get tired of these guys. Well sometimes I don't enjoy plots involving them. But over all I do enjoy them. I was a bit surprised that the Doctor was surprised that they refer to him as the 'Predator.' The Doctor almost seems to enjoy how much they seem to fear him. But at the end of the episode I was glad that he brought up his other title 'The Oncoming Storm' because throughout the episode that was the one thing I kept going back to whenever the reaction to the Predator popped into my mind. Though... spoilers. Massive spoilers.

Spoiler:

I found it hillarious that the Daleks wanted the Doctor's Help. I knew they'd be in the first episode. But I had no idea they would be seeking the Doctor's Help. Although I suppose they viewed it as killing two birds with 1... or several large missiles. My question is... how exactly do they keep popping up in such large numbers? I guess thats the one thing I don't like about the Daleks. They have lost their... Oh I dunno. They seem all hype. Though the one finale where the all those planets were stolen proved they could be quite the threat. But I hope they come up with a great plot that will rekindle that fear of the Daleks. Though the idea that they could be human in disguise is... disturbing. I don't recall ever seeing them like that before. I wonder if those Dalek Puppets will play a bigger role in the season.

As for Oswin... damn I really love that character. She was hillarious.
Spoiler:

I think there was something else I was going to add to this. But then I got sidetracked into something and forgot.

Either way. Love the episode. Very Happy

Oh that's right!

I loved the whole special ward for the Daleks who had survived the Doctor. It's sometimes easy to forget just dangerous the Doctor can be... and in the one episode quite insane. Seriously destroying almost an entire cybermen fleet while laughing... or was that part of a different scene in the same episode? Oh well. Razz

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Empty Re: Doctor Who

Post by Rex Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:23 am

Agreed. It was quite a good episode. What I didn't like was...Rory and Amy. It seemed so half assed. I thought that the reason would be how traumatised Amy was from all that she had experienced with the Doctor and so on. Something to give her real character development. Instead we got...can't have a child. Seriously? That's it. Jeez I guess Amy never heard of adoption? Or as you said ask the Doctor's technological help. It just seemed like something they pulled out of their ass because they couldn't be bothered with finding a better reason to split them

The Daleks...hmm I was not too thrilled by them. I liked it better back in the old days when they really were something major. Not they seem like a random guest star and not a huge threat like they really are. However I did love Oswin

And how awesome was Rory to come to the aid of a Dalek looking for his eggs Smile I love Rory

And yeah. I personally see the 11th Doctor as an entirely new show sine they seem determined to pretend that everything from before(sans River) has never happened. I might as well indulge them instead of being annoyed

Indeed. Can't wait to see more Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:46 am

Yeah the whole no child thing was somewhat halfassed. But it did settle the whole idea that Rory loves Amy more and what not. Which was kind of nice. Whenever something like that happens I always feel bad for the Rory.

Yeah. Also we should have seen more of the Dalek Asylum. Makes me kinda wish they would spend more time with storylines. In early Doctor Who each storyline tended to have multiple episodes(well most of them anyways). Though to be fair each episode was roughtly 20 minutes.

Well aside from the season story arch it's not like any of the past seasons connected too well with the other seasons and such. Then of course there is the whole other 8 Doctors.

Also Rory with the Eggs. I am going to miss him once he is gone. Sad
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:20 am

Not much to say about Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. All around good fun adventure with... well dinosaurs on a spaceship. That's the real thing I love about Doctor Who. You can almost always bet for just a fun obsurd adventure.

The Two Robots were also just hillarious. The dinosaurs effects werent too bad either. Sorta wish we actually saw the whole Egypt being invaded by a giant locust thing. The Big Games Hunter was also a rather fun character and his interactions with the Egyptian Queen person.

What I really enjoyed about the episode is just how the tone just shifted from a more light hearted episode to something serious. The whole Treasure Hunter Guy was a real nasty guy.

there was also a great moment where Doctor and Amy joke about who is going to outlive the other. Oh and the ending with Rory's dad sitting in the Tardis door way and just eating lunch as he looks down at Earth... a moment of peace and and simplicity... that also quickly turns depressing. A great moment.

Now this weeks episode was also fun and probably one of my favorites.

The first thing that jumps out at me is that the Doctor is 1200 years old. Last I remember his age being somewhere in the 900s. Maybe a thousand. So he has been doing some serious traveling on his own.

Throughout the episodes you notice that Amy and Rory requesting a break from traveling. It's also hard not to notice that the Doctor seems far more fond of Amy and Rory then his other Companions... except for maybe Rose.
Well in his expressions anyways.

First glance this looks like a bit of an unfair thing towards the other Companions. At first this sorta bugged me. But then I realized why. Well my guess as to why anyways. It's the first time in a long time that he has probably been around two people full of life and love for each other. Traveling alone the way the Doctor does he only gets glimpses of this. It's a common theme that the Doctor needs a companion. It's not that he relies on them for kicking the bad guys butt and saving whatever world he is on. But to keep him human. The Doctor as easily demonstrated in this weeks and last weeks episode that he is slipping back into his Time War state of mind.

or something.

Now what I really loved about this episode is that in some ways that other Doctor was a mirror image of The Doctor. In order to save the Universe during the Time War he literally tried to destroy two entire civilizations. During the Time War he also gained some rather big titles and before Asylum of the Daleks inspired real terror in them.

Which is why this is one of my favorite episodes. Just like Other Doctor... Jex? I think that was his name. He was willing to do anything to win the war.

You know theres another thing I just noticed. The Doctor's use of Guns. I think many people were annoyed and angry about Matt Smith's Doctor using them to some extent.

Which goes back to my other thoughts about how he is slipping back into who he was during the Time War. The No Gun policy is fairly new for Doctor Who. Some people really don't like Amy and Rory and think that the show has been more focused on them. Which is probably true and oddly enough for a good reason. Simply because of how important they are to keeping him... well human.

Anyways.

Loved the episode. I also loved the Cyborg guy. Wasn't a real big surprise that Jex(seriously was that his name) was the Gunslinger's creator after he talks to Amy about being a mother. But it wasn't a grand twist at the end either.

I also loved the opening voice over and how it at first seems to be talking about the Doctor. But turns out that she was talking about the Gunslinger... or well Marshal.

Just my thoughts.

EDIT:

I can't believe I forgot about Susan. Now I started to wonder if the Doctor can actually speak Horse or even Baby for that matter. But then I figure... when you have lived for over a thousand years you tend to pick up a few odd hobbies like picking up odd languages. Though I wonder... why doesn't the TARDIS translate Horse and Baby for his other Companions? I mean I suppose it might not just be in the database or whatever. That or she is just too lazy.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:13 am

Agreed. It was a nice one shot episode and the two robots were rather hilarious . Yes Egypt would have been wonderful but I doubt they have the money for it. Although they did go to Italy for Vesuvius so who knows

And I agree about the final scene with Rory's dad. Very beautifully done. I also wonder if this was a hint that the Pond would die. I can see it happening.

Yeah I think he mentioned that he was close to 1200 back when he faked his death in the desert

In a way I think that all companions play a different role in the Doctor's lives. Rose was his savior and his love. Donna was his friend and pretty much a big sister. Jack was the crazy friend. But the Ponds? Honestly I think the Doctor sees Amy almost as his own daughter. And they have in his life the longest apart of course from Sarah Jane

But that's a cool theory as well. I like it and it makes sense. The Doctor needs someone to keep human

I don't know why but I didn't really enjoy the episode. I don't whether it was the writing or if the alien doctor just wasn't a good actor but the whole episode felt just a bit forced and stale. Cliched even. Hmm it was weird

Lol yes. I am guessing he doesn't so much speak horse as he uses his telepathy. His telepathy is a big neglected in the series but still there
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down