Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who!!!

5 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Doctor Who!!! Empty Doctor Who!!!

Post by melissa052 Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:04 pm

OK, so... My cousin is over for a couple days and earlier he noticed the last 4 episodes of Dr. Who was available on demand so we watched them... Regardless to say, I am freaking addicted now! I'm making a mission when he leaves (Tomorrow evening) to watch all the episodes from the beginning... Assuming I can find it easily online to watch.... Shouldn't be too hard, only 5 seasons!

I would start now but he's hogging the main computer and I'm not in the mood to argue for the computer...

Does anyone else watch this? (I know Unit and Rex do, but they're cool, they watch cool things... :p) And does anyone have suggestions to somewhere I can go to watch it all online? I'd download them but I only have like 4gigs free on this computer and I'm certain it'll take more than that, and I'd hate to slow it down even more...

OK, now that I've seen all of series 1-4 and about half of 5, I thought I'd elaborate on it a bit... There are spoilers so beware!

Series one-Doctor Who!!! Smiley-score010
This is where I really began to love it! It made me really think at some points, I loved how the "Bad Wolf" seemed to recur throughout the series and seemed to explode into something big in the end... And Rose!!! I really like LOVE her!!! Seriously... You might think I'm completely crazy but I have never felt so connected to a character as I feel/felt with Rose... It's weird in a way, how I can pretty much feel what she's feeling in pretty much any scene she's in... I really hope to get the opportunity to meet Billie Piper one day, she does seem like an amazing actress, and I definitely plan to check out some of her other roles as soon as I finish series 5! And Doctor #9... I loved him! He wasn't my favorite of the 3 I have seen but I did love him!
Top 3 episodes-
-Aliens of London... Really made me think, wonder "Why didn't The Doctor just take Rose back to the TARDIS and they could go back to where they meant to go?"... I loved Jackie (Rose's mom) in this episode, she reminded me so much of my grandma! Razz
-The Unquiet Dead... Charles Dickens is one of my favorite authors! I loved how they brought his days back to life and all of the references to his books that were made!
-Parting of the Ways... The finale is when the Bad Wolf theme really exploded into something big... Absolutely love how it ended up being like a message connecting Rose to the Doctor... And then ended up like a goddess within Rose....

Series 2- Doctor Who!!! Smiley-score010
So now the Bad Wolf theme has seemed to go away, Rose is the companion again to a new Doctor (#10) and it seemed much more adventurous! Again with Rose, I really did love her in series 1, and that love just grew in series 2, partly because she had such great chemistry with David Tennant... And I freaking LOVED Tennant as the doctor! He's definitely my personal favorite!!! I must say, as much as I loved this series, I absolutely hated the end when Rose got locked up in the parallel world, I still can't get over seeing her go, although I knew it was gonna happen sometime before series 5 just because the last 4 episodes that I saw first with Josh didn't have her involved at all...
Top 3 episodes
-Fear Her... All the children are disappearing and ending up in pictures a little girl is drawing... I love it because she ends up drawing The Doctor and the TARDIS which leaves only Rose to save the day...
-New Earth... This is where the chemistry between the Doctor and Rose really started getting huge... Must be because it's a new Doctor! For some reason I loved when Lady Cassandra took over Rose's body making Rose less modest, more mean, oh, and kissing the Doctor! I also loved how the Doctor knew something was wrong with Rose... But that was obvious since she was normally a compassionate and caring person and all that was just kinda missing with LC in her body...
-The Girl in the Fireplace... Shows the Doctor turning up in a girl/woman's life at random points in time from a different dimension, I think... Although it could be merely seconds while he's in one dimension, years passes in the girls... It's hard to explain! But it is a very complex story set in a spaceship in the 51st century and in 18th century Versailles. The Doctor, Rose and Mickey find a special fireplace through which the Doctor goes and finds Reinette/Madame de Pompadour on the other side of it. She is threatened by clockwork robots and he tries to keep her safe.
But there are more passages and they always lead to different times of the life of Reinette.

Series 3- Doctor Who!!! Smiley-score007
To be honest, I didn't enjoy this season much at all... David Tennant was still fantastic as The Doctor, The new companion, Martha was OK, but not anyone worth bragging about... I loved that Rose wasn't forgotten about and how Martha seemed to get jealous whenever she was brought up... (Yeah, I seem to be a little obsessed with Rose/Billie Piper now... Sorry, blame my cousin for getting me hooked in the first place! Razz)
Top 3 episodes
-Evolution of the Daleks... It was nice to see a new form of Dalek that actually had emotion... Too bad it was short lived!
-Utopia... I loved That Jack was back! I loved the flashbacks and the fact that we'd been tricked and the confusion of the new watch. And Y.A.N.A. It was absolutely brilliant. And I loved the quick flashback to Rose and the excitement when Jack found out she wasn't dead. I liked the fact that Jack died about 4 times but it still didn't get old.
-Blink... Although The Doctor and Martha weren't really physically involved (That's what she said! Razz) in this episode, I really enjoyed it... I loved the weeping angels, such interesting creatures! And I loved how The Doctor helped through a DVD and pretty much saved people without being there... Although I do wonder how he didn't know what the lady at the end was talking about...

Series 4- Doctor Who!!! Smiley-score009
Same Doctor, different companion... Now it's Donna, I have to say, I really like Donna, she's so funny! I love how Rose has returned for like half of this season (Even if half of the said episodes are just cameos..) I also love how everyone (Closer to the end) was telling Donna how she was special but she was so modest and then she ended up being the most important thing in the universe for a short while, keeping it from falling apart....
I absolutely LOVED the final 3 episodes, how all the Doctor's companions thus far got to work together to save the universe... Although I hated that the meta-crisis Doctor was created, I had a sneaking suspicion that it would be what kept Rose in the parallel universe when they returned... But it's awesome she has a somewhat happy ending... I also hate that Donna had to leave with no memory of what happened in the entire series 4...
Top 3 episodes
-Partners in Crime... Two words: Rose's cameo! Loved it and I just KNEW it was gonna lead to something bigger in the end! (Of series 4 I mean...) I loved how when The Doctor and Donna kept missing each other by seconds and when they do notice each other there's a room and 2 windows between them and they're having a silent conversation... That part was hilarious!
-Turn Left... Rose plays a big part in this episode... It's an episode that shows you how one single choice can literally change EVERYTHING... Definitely on my top 5 favorites for all series (Even though I have yet to finish it...) And at the end before Donna gets sent back to where she was before Rose whispers two words to her, she repeats them to the Doctor... The words ended up being "Bad Wolf" which told the Doctor one thing... Rose is back!
-The Stolen Earth... Loved it! The Doctor has been reunited with Rose, and having all of the companions back with The Doctor working together was just awesome beyond explanation...

Series 5- Doctor Who!!! Smiley-score007
OK, so this is where my addiction REALLY began, when I was watching the last 4 episodes... I'm like 3 episodes in now and I just can't get into it... Feels like all the past companions have been forgotten about and never coming back.... Even if only as cameos... I do love Matt Smith as the Doctor though, he's incredibly funny! And Amy is a really good companion too!!!
Don't really have a top 3 for this series yet... Maybe I'll add one here when I finally finish it...
[ETA] OK! Finally got to watching all of series 5... I was kinda slow with it because I was too into the tenth doctor to really accept a new one yet, still don't like Matt Smith's doctor too much though... For some reason he reminds me of the 9th doctor though which is good cuz I enjoyed him!
Top 3 episodes-
-Vincent and the Doctor - I enjoyed this episode, mainly because I love episodes that involve real people in history, and I love how one of Vincent's paintings actually had something to do with the finale and how everything seemed to tie together... But really the whole season seemed to tie together, with all the cracks...
-Time of the Angels/Flesh and Stone - I seem to be a fan of weeping angels... They have to be the most epic enemy in my opinion!!! Plus River Song, I love that woman! She's so mysterious... Funny how she shows up into the doctor's life at wrong points in time.... I can't help but wonder who she is and if it's the future Doctor she killed...
-The Big Bang - Awesome finale! I loved how everything just came together for an awesome close and I think I'm finally starting to like Matt Smith... It definitely brought tears to my eyes at some points... I have a friend who is also obsessed with DW who thought she *saw* an implied Rose reference near the end of the episode when he was rewinding his time stream... I'm still wondering where it is although I saw those scenes a good 7-10 times trying to spot it...

Last edited by melissa052 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who!!! Empty Re: Doctor Who!!!

Post by Unit7 Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:17 pm

melissa052 wrote:OK, so... My cousin is over for a couple days and earlier he noticed the last 4 episodes of Dr. Who was available on demand so we watched them... Regardless to say, I am freaking addicted now! I'm making a mission when he leaves (Tomorrow evening) to watch all the episodes from the beginning... Assuming I can find it easily online to watch.... Shouldn't be too hard, only 5 seasons!

I would start now but he's hogging the main computer and I'm not in the mood to argue for the computer...

Does anyone else watch this? (I know Unit and Rex do, but they're cool, they watch cool things... :p) And does anyone have suggestions to somewhere I can go to watch it all online? I'd download them but I only have like 4gigs free on this computer and I'm certain it'll take more than that, and I'd hate to slow it down even more...

Actually I don't think Rex does... well atleast I don't know if he started yet.

You do realize that Matt Smith is the 11th Doctor right... so there are like 10 other Doctors before him. There is actually a total of 769 Doctor Who episodes... give or take an episode or 2. Wink

Just saying. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:27 pm

Unit7 wrote:
melissa052 wrote:OK, so... My cousin is over for a couple days and earlier he noticed the last 4 episodes of Dr. Who was available on demand so we watched them... Regardless to say, I am freaking addicted now! I'm making a mission when he leaves (Tomorrow evening) to watch all the episodes from the beginning... Assuming I can find it easily online to watch.... Shouldn't be too hard, only 5 seasons!

You do realize that Matt Smith is the 11th Doctor right... so there are like 10 other Doctors before him. There is actually a total of 769 Doctor Who episodes... give or take an episode or 2. Wink

Just saying. Very Happy

Really? I could have sworn Rex watched it... LOL!

Yeah, but aren't most of the Doctors from episodes way back when? I thought the running of the show now (Starting from '05) was a separate running from the 60s-70/80s...? (Assuming from the major break in between..)
And it confuses me... Why are there so many Doctors!?
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:45 pm

melissa052 wrote:
Unit7 wrote:

Just saying. Very Happy

Yeah, but aren't most of the Doctors from episodes way back when? I thought the running of the show now (Starting from '05) was a separate running from the 60s-70/80s...? (Assuming from the major break in between..)

Not sure. I know he is aware of it and apparently its on his list of things to watch. lol

Well it sorta is. I think in the early 90's the series sorta died until uh whats his face revived the series. But its the same doctor, same enemies, and all that fun stuff. But then again the continuation is a bit off that its like 'yeah...' It's also because that most moments can be changed an altered. Some points in time are Fixed and can never be changed or shouldn't be changed. o.O

But thats because People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff
- Doctor

The Doctor is a Time Lord. They can cheat death by regeneration. Basicly when they are in mortal danger of actaully dying its possible for them to regenerate into a new body. Their new bodies are also slightly different. In one Reincarnation they might like Baked Beans... but in their next body they might find that its perhaps the most disgusting thing ever. Before he might have hated cheeseburgers... but in the new body they might actually love them.

Of course there are also some slight personality differences aswell. Same general Doctor, but just slightly different.

of course I believe each Time Lord only had the ability to Regenerate 13 times total. Well I think I read that the Master has managed to somehow surpass this number or something.

Basicly whenever the current actor who plays the Doctor wants to quit, they kill off his that incarnation off. Though not sure in the older series that they actually showed it or it was just sorta assumed when the next actor took place. I do know that it shows the cause of his death and regeneration atleast 3 times.(from Eccelson(sp) to David Tennant, to Matt Smith)

So yeah.

lol

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:25 pm

Unit7 wrote:
melissa052 wrote:
Unit7 wrote:

Just saying. Very Happy

Not sure. I know he is aware of it and apparently its on his list of things to watch. lol

Well it sorta is. I think in the early 90's the series sorta died until uh whats his face revived the series. But its the same doctor, same enemies, and all that fun stuff. But then again the continuation is a bit off that its like 'yeah...' It's also because that most moments can be changed an altered. Some points in time are Fixed and can never be changed or shouldn't be changed. o.O

But thats because People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff
- Doctor

The Doctor is a Time Lord. They can cheat death by regeneration. Basicly when they are in mortal danger of actaully dying its possible for them to regenerate into a new body. Their new bodies are also slightly different. In one Reincarnation they might like Baked Beans... but in their next body they might find that its perhaps the most disgusting thing ever. Before he might have hated cheeseburgers... but in the new body they might actually love them.

Of course there are also some slight personality differences aswell. Same general Doctor, but just slightly different.

of course I believe each Time Lord only had the ability to Regenerate 13 times total. Well I think I read that the Master has managed to somehow surpass this number or something.

Basicly whenever the current actor who plays the Doctor wants to quit, they kill off his that incarnation off. Though not sure in the older series that they actually showed it or it was just sorta assumed when the next actor took place. I do know that it shows the cause of his death and regeneration atleast 3 times.(from Eccelson(sp) to David Tennant, to Matt Smith)

So yeah.

lol

Makes sense! I watched a couple Doctor Who Confidential episodes for series 1 and they showed a few clips of past episodes and I must say, it looks pretty bad back then! I'm glad I started where I did...

melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:21 pm

Bumpity bump!

And question for Unit, or anyone else who might be a Doctor Who fan... Sorry if it's a stupid question but the letters RTD come up everywhere when I'm looking up things from Doctor Who, mainly turns up only for Doctors 8-11... What the heck does RTD stand for?
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:34 pm

Pretty sure it means Russel T. Davies who was either executive producer/director who revived Doctor Who.

Oh pfft who cares if it looks bad? Doesn't mean it is. Wink

Although I do wonder how he didn't know what the lady at the end was talking about...

Thats because he couldn't know what she was talking about. Basicly what that lady experienced is what the Doctor has yet to experience. Its her past, his future. Basicly the Doctor has yet to help that lady at all. Its actually from her that he gets the idea of the explination of Time(I think she comments about it to him) to tell her. or something like that. lol

Its sorta like the Song of Storms in Ocarina of Time... you learn it from the Windmill guy, who learns it from you in the past. Which begs the question, where did the song come from at all? xD
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:54 pm

Wait!!! I think you have missed a few Doctor Who specials. Water of Mars, The Next Doctor, Planet of the Dead, and The End of Time. You didn't comment on them and wasn't sure if you have seen them.

I think you would enjoy the ending of The End of Time.

Also your right. Most of the Companions will not be seen again. Steven Moffat succeeded Russel T Davies as head writer/executive producer of the series and I believe he is trying to distance himself with the previous series. Mostly because I think the general fan reaction to some of the later stuff by RTD was a bit poor and what not.

So Moffat is trying to distance himself from them. So Rose, Donna, Martha, Jack, are most likely gone for good.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:39 pm

Pretty sure it means Russel T. Davies who was either executive producer/director who revived Doctor Who.
Oh! Thanks!

Thats because he couldn't know what she was talking about. Basicly what that lady experienced is what the Doctor has yet to experience. Its her past, his future. Basicly the Doctor has yet to help that lady at all. Its actually from her that he gets the idea of the explination of Time(I think she comments about it to him) to tell her. or something like that. lol

Its sorta like the Song of Storms in Ocarina of Time... you learn it from the Windmill guy, who learns it from you in the past. Which begs the question, where did the song come from at all?
*Facepalm* NOW it makes sense, now that you compare it to Zelda! Why did I not see it before? Very Happy

Wait!!! I think you have missed a few Doctor Who specials. Water of Mars, The Next Doctor, Planet of the Dead, and The End of Time. You didn't comment on them and wasn't sure if you have seen them.
Yeah, the site I was using to watch it didn't have those episodes, well, it had The Next Doctor, I saw it, but it wasn't really a favorite... (The only eps I commented on were my top favorites in the given series, no particular order! Razz) I shall hunt down the others sometime tomorrow, especially The End of Time, I read Rose makes a cameo in it! Very Happy

So Moffat is trying to distance himself from them. So Rose, Donna, Martha, Jack, are most likely gone for good.
Now is where I say I wish I was a Dalek... Moffat must be EXTERMINATED! Razz

melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:34 am

Then the countless hordes of Doctor Who fans will want to Exterminate you. It seems like alot of the episodes he writes/directs were by far one of the better ones lol.

As for the Zelda I couldn't remember if you were a fan of the series or if you have played it(I forget who on here does. lol)
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:41 am

I figured that! LOL! Most of them also seem to not like Rose that much, either... Judging by the Martha v. Rose topic on the tv.com forums... I must just be an obsessed fan now!

Yeah, I'm a major Zelda fan!Played pretty much every game at least 5 times, I think wind waker is the only one I haven't gotten to playing...
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:53 am

melissa052 wrote:I figured that! LOL! Most of them also seem to not like Rose that much, either... Judging by the Martha v. Rose topic on the tv.com forums... I must just be an obsessed fan now!

Hmm not sure why that is. I loved Rose. Though so far I seem to prefer Amy out of all of them at the moment. You know I don't think I liked Martha much. Then again I don't remember much before Donna at the moment. lol

Yeah, I'm a major Zelda fan!Played pretty much every game at least 5 times, I think wind waker is the only one I haven't gotten to playing...

Wait you haven't played Wind Waker? That game is awesome. At first I don't think I was to keen on the whole graphics style(and from what I understand, many fans didn't either) but the graphics fit perfectly with the game and it has a surprisingly darkish story involved. lol

You should realy play it I mean... its awesome. :O
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:09 am

I'm not sure why either! Of course I seem to have some sort of connection to her character, it's hard to explain and you'd probably think I'm crazy to say this but I swear, I can pretty much feel exactly what Rose feels in pretty much every scene she's in... It's like I'm connected to her... Out of every character I have ever watched on a screen, I don't think I've ever felt as connected... And I don't have that much in common with Rose either, other than a similar personality and a lot of the same mannerisms...

Nope! I should try getting a hold of it sometime... Which system is it originally for? I'm hoping not N64...
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:31 am

Nope don't think your crazy at all. Smile

Wind Waker is for the Gamecube.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:43 am

That's good! Razz You probably know the feeling I'm explaining on a different level, I bet... With your own characters!

Oh, awesome! I shall go to the game store down the street sometime this weekend!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:41 pm

So, I take it Unit and I are the only Doctor Who fans here?

You people are lame! Razz

*Walks off to rewatch series 2 just so I can see more Rose and David Tennant*

I love having such a supernatural connection to the character Rose, that's probably the closest I'll ever get to David.

I need a life!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:25 pm

Added my thoughts on series 5! Now to wait for series 6... When do they normally start?
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:35 pm

melissa052 wrote:Added my thoughts on series 5! Now to wait for series 6... When do they normally start?

*shrugs*
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:08 am

I bet you guys would love this. Heat activated Tardis mugs

Doctor Who!!! Tumblr_l7oeulQiSG1qzpwi0o1_500
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:38 pm

Rex wrote:I bet you guys would love this. Heat activated Tardis mugs

Doctor Who!!! Tumblr_l7oeulQiSG1qzpwi0o1_500

SO COOL! I want one!
It's a good thing I don't have a credit card or personal bank account... I'd go broke on Doctor Who merch!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:09 pm

The True mastermind behind the Doctor's enemies?!?
Spoiler:
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:58 pm

In case you both love Dr.Who and video games Doctor Who!!! Icon_biggrin

Doctor Who!!! Tumblr_l8enzxgpde1qcbo9lo1_500
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:07 pm

A sonic screwdriver wiimote? Talk about epic! I wonder if gamestop would carry them...
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:13 am

Well mel here is your chance to get up close and personal with Dr. Who Smile

For the first time in its thirty and change seasons, “Doctor Who” will be filming on location in America. That’s a long time for the Doctor to never come on over here for some filming, I mean by my calculations that goes all the way back to when we were colonials and wore white wigs. I still wear mine on the weekends. The BBC released a little press statement on the subject:
DOCTOR WHO TO FILM IN THE U.S. FOR THE FIRST TIME
Upcoming season’s first two episodes to be set in the U.S.
The BBC announced today that season six of Doctor Who, which delivered record ratings for BBC AMERICA earlier this year, will open with a spectacular two-parter set in the U.S. and penned by ‘Who supremo’ Steven Moffat.
In the special two-parter co-produced with BBC AMERICA, key scenes will be filmed in Utah for a story set in the late ’60s in which the Doctor, Amy and Rory find themselves on a secret summons that takes them on an adventure from the desert in Utah—right to the Oval Office itself.
Production on episodes one and two of the new season starts in Cardiff this month and Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill will then travel to America in mid November to shoot pivotal scenes. They will also be joined by Alex Kingston who reprises her role as River Song.
Showrunner and lead writer, Steven Moffat, said: “The Doctor has visited every weird and wonderful planet you can imagine, so he was bound get round to America eventually! And of course every Doctor Who fan will be jumping up and down and saying he’s been in America before. But not for real, not on location—and not with a story like this one! Oh, you wait!”
Piers Wenger, Head of Drama BBC Wales and Executive Producer, added: “Steven’s scripts generally inspire us to go that extra mile - this time we’re going that extra four thousand. Thanks to our friends at BBC AMERICA and to the continuing ambition of our lead writer and production team, the first two episodes of Matt Smith’s second season as the Doctor are going global and look set to become Doctor Who’s most action-packed and ambitious season opener yet”.
The new season follows on from the Doctor Who Christmas special guest starring Katherine Jenkins and Michael Gambon which is due to premiere at Christmas. Season six will start airing on BBC AMERICA in spring 2011 and has been split into two blocks, with the second block airing in autumn 2011. By splitting the series Moffat plans to give viewers one of the most exciting Doctor Who cliffhangers and plot twists ever, leaving them waiting, on the edge of their seats, until the autumn to find out what happens.
2010 has been a breakthrough year for the Doctor Who franchise across all platforms since BBC AMERICA became the official home of the series. The series reached the number one spot on the “Top TV Seasons” chart on iTunes and now Doctor Who: The Complete Fifth Season hits stores on Blu-ray and DVD on November 9.
Doctor Who was co-commissioned by Ben Stephenson, Controller, BBC Drama Commissioning for BBC One and Jay Hunt, Controller of BBC One and will be produced by Marcus Wilson (Life on Mars) and Sanne Wohlenberg (Margaret). Steven Moffat is Lead Writer and Executive Producer (Sherlock Holmes) with Piers Wenger, Head of Drama, BBC Wales and Beth Willis (Ashes to Ashes), also Executive Producing.
Filming is taking place in Cardiff until March 2011.

Okay, so that might have been the opposite of little. Here’s the summary bits:
It will be shot in Utah. Which seems a waste to bother with the trip. It’s desert. Don’t they have desert in Britain? [checks wikipedia] Oh, right.
River Song will be showing up again.
The season will be split in two parts, spring and fall, with a cliff hanger between them to make sure your summer isn’t that relaxing.
Also, I hate press releases. I really only pasted it because since I read the damned thing, I just felt like sharing. The language used is the sort of abominable mindlessly positive effusiveness that shouldn’t be seen outside of teenage text messages. I like reading them out loud in the movie announcer voice. “Who Supremo Steven Moffat”, really? It really takes an extra bit of skill (or something) to make the people who like the show want to vomit upon reading press for it.
(source: Blastr)
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:25 pm

That is awesome! It's too bad Utah is so far away! I'd love to go and break into the set! I'll have to get with my cousin and convince him to ditch school for like a week while we make a master plan to get there and take action! Very Happy
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next