Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who!!!

5 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Doctor Who!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Doctor Who!!!

Post by Unit7 Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:34 am

Rex wrote:Yeah that's what I thought as well. Especially since the flesh girl also had a brain condition which might be hint that a flesh doctor could potentially have regeneration as well. However.....this seems a bit too obvious and they always manage to pull of something crazy and unexpected

True. I just hate we got to wait so long to see what they pull on us. Sad

Agreed. It was a really great episode but to me the last battle against the Daleks with all the companions together that was just the most epic forme Smile

Yeah that whole thing was great. To bad they didn't do it this way. Sad

Agreed. I mean it was obvious that the soldier girl was a decoy but I expected that River Song would turn out to be in some way connected to the one eye woman. but this wow. And I loved the fact that they gave us a hint earlier in the song with Melody Pond and River Song. That was awesome

I still want to know who the hell that lady is. Hell I would just want to know more about this war that's been going on without the Doctor realizing it. I mean either he has been really lazy when it comes to his enemies reactions or sometime in his future really pissed them off. I wonder if it had anything to do with all those villians grouping up in trying to put the Doctor in that prison thing.

Indeed. You could feel how much he loved masterminding this.

Really sucks that in the end he was screwed over and didn't go as he had planned.

It was a great episode but there was one thing that bothered me. The Doctor has always respected life. Even the Cybermen and the Daleks themselves and here he just wiped out thousands of Cybermen just like this. To send a message. That's it. I mean when he essentially committed genocide against the mind controlling aliens I could see the need even though it was disturbing how he didn't seem to feel any regret. But here? It seemed just overtly brutal. And calling on an army? The Doctor never liked getting others to fight for him. Even when entire planets were disappearing he just blew off the offer of The Shadow Proclamation who's army is powerful enough to enforce rule in the entire galaxy. But here against merely a few hundred armed humans he calls upon an entire army.

Well in truth if they were some sort of other alien life form or enemy of his, I'd agree. But in the end he would have to deal with those Cybermen eventually anyways. The only reason they seem to have gotten off as they did, is because they were mostly monitoring stuff for now. For him it served as a premtive strike against them, while also getting them to help him. It's not like he can do much for them. You gotta remember that Cybermen are just brains in metal casing with their emotions turned off.

Well in the case of the Daleks stealing planets and moons and earth it wasn't nearly a personal thing as kidnapping one of his companions. The Daleks plan was business as usual, but when they kidnapped Amy and with the chance of her being pregnant... well that's just something he will not tolerate. I think it's great to what lengths he will go to save one of his companions.

It just seems like his ego is growing to the point where he doesn't seem to care much about his own rules. And I was really excited when River started calling him up on it but then....nothing. I expected the Doctor to start realizing just how far he is gone but instead they keep this for about 20 seconds and then it's off to awesome revelations about River Song which I admit completely took my mind off this train of thought but later on when I thought more about it the Doctor seemed to be going really dark. I am actually wondering if he didn't actually allow himself to really die because he went too far and knew he had to stop himself. This would certinly be a crazy twist

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason he had himself killed. The Doctor has always walked that fine line between Good and Evil. In fact it wasn't too long ago that he had been very very close to considering himself anything lesser then a God(Waters of Mars I think) and started questioning whether or not Fixed Points in Time were actually fixed. I mean, who is to stop him?

But in truth I am a more then a little interested in how his fall plays out. It almost seems like an enevitable storyline for the Doctor and one that has been slowly building up for awhile now. Whether intentional or not.

anyways I can't wait for Let's Kill Hitler. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:12 am

So awesome. Cool people will get it Smile

Doctor Who!!! - Page 5 Tumblr_lm67ctuvrR1qzj0gvo1_500
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:57 am

How very clever of you. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:58 pm

First sneak peek!

Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:50 pm

That looks amazing. I saw a couple other clips for the episodes that are coming and they too look amazing.

But that sneak peak was just well amazing. You can just tell the Doctor has had no luck with his search. Hes just sitting in the dark listening to that call. Its...

Gah i really really want it to return!!
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Not long now...
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:19 pm

Well its still too long!

It should start like tonight or something.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:17 pm

Ehh dude it started yesterday

Spoiler:
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:46 am

Dude dont do that!

I thought I had missed the premier... which I was happy for because you know now I got something to watch. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:46 am

Wow Moffat is an asshole. Getting my hopes up about a Rose,Martha Donna reuinion and we get a 5 second freaking hologram? Fuck that guys seriously

Now the other episode itself was pretty decent and it was always hilarious to see Hitler getting punched. I am also really glad we got to learn more about the Doctor's death. Especially the fact that it's a fixed point in time. Now I finally am starting to understand the point of River. Maybe only a Time Lord or time lord like can deliberately create a fixed point in time so that this way the Doctor can't cheat his way out of death again

By am I the only one who just isn't really falling for the River/Doctor romance? They are trying to build it as this epic love story but honestly the single episode with the Doctor and Reinette had more chemistry and just felt better like a romance then the dozen of episode we had with River
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:52 am

Rex wrote:Wow Moffat is an asshole. Getting my hopes up about a Rose,Martha Donna reuinion and we get a 5 second freaking hologram? Fuck that guys seriously

I think this is why i avoid reading anything about the series I am watching... er try to. Mostly because I dont like getting disappointed when something like this happens. Which is why I enjoyed the hologram bit. Wink Of course this doesnt stop me from being disappointed when I theorize.

Now the other episode itself was pretty decent and it was always hilarious to see Hitler getting punched. I am also really glad we got to learn more about the Doctor's death. Especially the fact that it's a fixed point in time. Now I finally am starting to understand the point of River. Maybe only a Time Lord or time lord like can deliberately create a fixed point in time so that this way the Doctor can't cheat his way out of death again

Sorta wished there was more Hitler. I mean the title was Lets Kill Hitler. I wanted more... uh Hitlerness? At the very least it would have been great to see at the end of the credits the Doctor opening up the door and like 'Oh right I almost forgot about you!' or you know something more Doctory.

Oh but what do those noobs in that shape shifting robot know about Time Travel anyways. Of course hes going to cheat his way out of this death. Of course even if it is a fixed point in time, doesnt mean he can't come back. Though there is something that still bothers me. Where was the TARDIS when the Doctor died? I mean I know River Song would know what to do but still. It just seems odd that it wasnt brought up... at all.

As for Time Lords being able to create fixed points in time... thats an interesting idea.

By am I the only one who just isn't really falling for the River/Doctor romance? They are trying to build it as this epic love story but honestly the single episode with the Doctor and Reinette had more chemistry and just felt better like a romance then the dozen of episode we had with River

I enjoy the relationship. But I wouldnt really care if it were to 'end' in the next episode. For some reason I never got into any pairings in this series.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:23 pm

I also wonder if the Silent Tardis will play another role again. I mean judging by River it's not that hard to get our hands on time travel. So why bother with something as immensely complicated as a TARDIS?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:32 pm

Rex wrote:I also wonder if the Silent Tardis will play another role again. I mean judging by River it's not that hard to get our hands on time travel. So why bother with something as immensely complicated as a TARDIS?

Because a TARDIS is so much cooler then your standard time travel devices? Razz
Although I may not have been paying attetion but what exactly do you mean tby Silent Tardis?

Anyways.

personally I really enjoyed last weeks episode. It was creepy, it had some great moments from the Doctor. Can't think of anything else to say. Oh and I'd love to read the story of Snow White and the Seven keys to Doomsday. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:13 pm

Just finished watching The God Complex! I have to say I really loved it. The whole situation.

I loved Rita! I hated how she died... I was so looking forward to her being the next companion! Kinda reminds me of Astrid Peth in Voyage Of The Damned, how Ten promised to take her away after taking care of things but ended up dying before the adventure was over. Sad

ANd this is definitely an unpopular decision, but I'm kind of glad he left Amy and Rory like that. Don't know why, I just feel like they've been with him long enough and I'm surprised they didn't leave him earlier with the Melody/Mels/River thing... Seeing as it's because of the Doctor that they never were able to properly raise their daughter.

Matt Smith definitely seemed to do a lot better in this episode, in my opinion. Definitely not bad at the end when he was saying goodbye to Amy, and when he was watching Rita about to get herself killed. Still not as intense as Tennant but a huge step up.

I'll probably add more later, but I'm getting ready to take my sister to a birthday dinner and we have to leave in 15 minutes... XD

melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:41 am

ANd this is definitely an unpopular decision, but I'm kind of glad he left Amy and Rory like that. Don't know why, I just feel like they've been with him long enough and I'm surprised they didn't leave him earlier with the Melody/Mels/River thing... Seeing as it's because of the Doctor that they never were able to properly raise their daughter.

Doubt this is the last we will see of Amy and Rory. Mostly because theres still an imcomplete story arch that needs finishing. Would be rather odd dump those two halfway through. Razz

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:57 am

Although I may not have been paying attetion but what exactly do you mean tby Silent Tardis?
That TARDIS from when the Doctor rented a room with this guy. Later on we saw it with the Silence

And Mel I am with you. I so loved Rita. She was so refreshing. Too bad I was sure she would die from the moment the Doctor offered her a ride. Oh and don't even remind me. I adored Astrid. I mean I love Rose the best of course followed by Donna but there was something so adorable about Astrid it was like cutenes overload

I am kinda missing Rory. I actually like him more then Doctor himself. There is something really awesome about him but then again it's obvious they will be back at least for the finale:)

Absolutely. Of course I think Ten would have made it even better with his heartbroken puppy dog look but 11 did a great job here as well

Hope you have a good time
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:47 am

You can watch the live stream of Doctor Who here in a couple of hours

http://www.livestream.com/ganglyfox

Very Happy
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:25 am

Bow down before

Doctor Who!!! - Page 5 Tumblr_ls2a0dopyq1qev7yro1_r1_500
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:19 am

Oh that was one brilliant episode. The next one also looks like its going to be awesome.

I'll have much more to say about this one though... tomorrow.

Along with a billion other things I need to post on here. Been slacking off. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:21 pm

Random, but this is a bit of trivia Rex might be interested in! Apparently RTD had stated (In his book) that Tennant was considering staying on past the 2009 specials - until he had a dinner meeting with Moffat, where Moffat talked about his plans for the show. The next day, Tennant decided to quit, saying he’d rather watch it than be in it.

Makes me guess that even DT was unimpressed with Moffat's plans. And it's all Moffat's fault that David Tennant didn't stay longer.
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Nah I doubt it. I think he simply couldn't handle going on without Rose and Donna : Very Happy
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:16 pm

It's Doctor Who day!!

9/10/11
Doctor Who!!! - Page 5 Tumblr_lstc64ODG51qkjxrmo1_r1_500
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:40 pm

XD That was a month ago here. Razz

And is this a real book? If so, I want it and I will read it to my kid every single night, when I have a kid. Very Happy
Doctor Who!!! - Page 5 Tumblr_lsvb35QLVh1qi6an1
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:28 am

Actually it is a real book. Except without gasmasked children. Razz

Its about some bird trying to figure out who its mother is and asks a bunch of different animals if they are his/her mother.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Now this is disturbing

Doctor Who!!! - Page 5 Tumblr_lt40i5i8KR1qh20gao1_500
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next