Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who!!!

5 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Doctor Who!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Doctor Who!!!

Post by Unit7 Tue May 03, 2011 9:45 pm

Rex wrote:I just saw The End of Time....and oh come on. What the hell. Why would you replace David Tennant ? He was literally perfect in this role.. Seriously why?

Well they sorta had to. David Tennant was leaving the show.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue May 03, 2011 11:21 pm

melissa052 wrote:Oh, yeah.... The End of Time makes me wanna cry everytime. Although I do love the episode and think it was done brilliantly, and I loved the return of the Master and the Master Race. I love Simm! Very Happy But then the end of Tennant just makes be wanna bust into tears... But for some reason I don't. The only episode to actually make me cry thus far has been Doomsday in S2.

Oh Doomsday was a really brutal one

Well they sorta had to. David Tennant was leaving the show.
But why? Why would he leave?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Tue May 03, 2011 11:41 pm

Rex wrote:But why? Why would he leave?

I believe he had said it was just his time to go and that if he didn't go then he might just end up staying on forever if he could and with RTD handing the plate over to Moffat, everything just felt right..... I think. *Runs over to youtube to look through my David Tennant playlist*

Here's a video of him explaining his exit...
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed May 04, 2011 12:14 am

At first I was really bummed about David Tennant leaving.

But I ended up really enjoying Matt Smith as the Doctor.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed May 04, 2011 12:23 am

And the Doctor pretty much told the Human race to commit genocide. That was... So weird!

Oh come on, the Doctor' didn't tell anyone to commit genocide The Silence did. Big difference. Then again it's not the first time he has actually gone to those extremes. Daleks, Cyberman, Timelords. He pretty much gives everyone a chance and if they are a big enough threat, then he finds the best method of getting rid of the threat.

Though at first glance it did seem rather odd that he would do something like this.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri May 06, 2011 9:12 am

Ok so I have been sick lately which gave me time to finish all of Dr Who and almost all the specials and I have to say I am even bummed about David Tennant leaving. It's like an entire new show now. It's not that bad but just completely different. And while the new Doctor is good he just doesn't have that same passion that David Tennant had,the same charisma. Whenever I see the new Doctor in a dramatic or intimidating scene I can't help but picture how much better Tennant would be at it. And the whole show seems to have become much more...eh I don't know how to describe it more viewer friendly I would say. Back before every other episode you had something heart breaking, the bittersweet ending where you see the real price of the adventure. You also got to see how much the Doctor was treading the edge between light and darkness and you got the occasional glimpse on just what he would be capable of.

Here it's more likely a friendly adventure. Oh sure it's got it's share of drama but nowhere near as often as before and usually concentrated on disposable character that you don't really feel much for

Oh well I am too sick to type out long now but I will be back to share my thoughts. Especially on the specials
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri May 06, 2011 7:06 pm

When I first read your post I hadn't fully understood it. I guess by the time Matt Smith took on the role I had watched most of the revival series a few years ago. So often those moments were sorta forgotten about.

I forgot just how much the Doctor is on the very edge.

But in the sixth season the Doctor shows off what he is capable of doing. Which is actually rather scary.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Mon May 09, 2011 4:41 pm

Unit7 wrote:
And the Doctor pretty much told the Human race to commit genocide. That was... So weird!

Oh come on, the Doctor' didn't tell anyone to commit genocide The Silence did. Big difference. Then again it's not the first time he has actually gone to those extremes. Daleks, Cyberman, Timelords. He pretty much gives everyone a chance and if they are a big enough threat, then he finds the best method of getting rid of the threat.

Though at first glance it did seem rather odd that he would do something like this.

Maybe I saw it wrong then! XD I really have to rewatch the first two eps...

Rex wrote:Ok so I have been sick lately which gave me time to finish all of Dr Who and almost all the specials and I have to say I am even bummed about David Tennant leaving. It's like an entire new show now. It's not that bad but just completely different. And while the new Doctor is good he just doesn't have that same passion that David Tennant had,the same charisma. Whenever I see the new Doctor in a dramatic or intimidating scene I can't help but picture how much better Tennant would be at it. And the whole show seems to have become much more...eh I don't know how to describe it more viewer friendly I would say. Back before every other episode you had something heart breaking, the bittersweet ending where you see the real price of the adventure. You also got to see how much the Doctor was treading the edge between light and darkness and you got the occasional glimpse on just what he would be capable of.

Here it's more likely a friendly adventure. Oh sure it's got it's share of drama but nowhere near as often as before and usually concentrated on disposable character that you don't really feel much for

Oh well I am too sick to type out long now but I will be back to share my thoughts. Especially on the specials

That is EXACTLY how I feel with RTDvSM and 10v11!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon May 09, 2011 7:16 pm

melissa052 wrote:

Maybe I saw it wrong then! XD I really have to rewatch the first two eps...

Ok so it was pretty much the Doctor telling the world to commit genocide. Well sorta. I suppose. I mean he recorded Steve trying to manipulate the Doctor or something. Not sure and when the Doctor interrupted the broadcast that manipulation worked on everyone else. or something.

Oh and I should post this as it explains who Steve is in an awesome way.

Spoiler:

I may have agreed with you a bit, but after seeing the first two episodes in series six. I am once again confident with Moffat's writing ability. I looked up which episodes he has written a script and I can't name a single one I didn't enjoy. Maybe some ended up more adventure friendly? But he has written some of the more memorable episodes within the series.

That and the new series started off with a great and strong storyline with the Doctor once again showing just how far he is willing to go.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon May 09, 2011 10:26 pm

When I first read your post I hadn't fully understood it. I guess by the time Matt Smith took on the role I had watched most of the revival series a few years ago. So often those moments were sorta forgotten about.
Oh yeah he is a good Doctor as well but how to explain it. It's like David Tennant had one of the most expressive faces I have ever seen. You could really feel the emotion of him while Matt Smith doesn't really have that much range. He does the quirky thing and some slight deviations but that's it

I forgot just how much the Doctor is on the very edge.

But in the sixth season the Doctor shows off what he is capable of doing. Which is actually rather scary.

That's pretty much a really good example of what I am talking about. Whenever the Doctor had to go on a mass killing spree you could either see really how much he regretted it even with the Daleks or you could see the Darkness within him like the way he stood by and watched as the all the children and essentially the entire species of the Spider thing were wiped out. Or even better like the fury of the Time Lord in the family of blood. Like this

Matt Smith on the hand kinda stayed the same. How Jolly I've killed you all now let us be cute and make silly remarks"

I mean it's not bad but it's like watching a buddy movie all the time now. Just doesn't seem to have the same drama and darkness as it did before

RTD and SM?

Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Mon May 09, 2011 11:10 pm

RTD=Russel T Davies
SM=Steven Moffat.
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun May 15, 2011 12:30 pm

Another great episode of Doctor Who but still. I can't help but think how great David Tennant would have played the scene where he found the remains of the Time Lord's messages. The new Doctor is perfect for the quirky silly stuff but he really can't handle the anger/intimidating scenes well
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue May 17, 2011 1:21 am

First off: The Doctor's Wife was an incredible episode. Mind blowingly amazing... well maybe not that. But it was a great episode anyways. Gotta love the interaction between the Doctor and his 'Wife' Gotta love the bits of psychological horror, a love story, and some really creepy ass shit.

Secondly: I finished Stargate Atlantis(awesome bit of scifi, will do the whole review thing later) and as I said I started Torchwood. Yay Torchwood.

Though I will be upfront. While I loved the pilot and the second episode. I mean come on? What's not to love about aliens coming to earth to feed off of male orgasmic energy? I mean this is the sort of thing that makes the Doctor Who franchise amazing. Those B scifi/horror like plots and aliens... or well you know what I mean. Love that stuff.

But I actually thought it wouldn't be a show I could plow right through. See when I start watching a show just about every other shows don't exist. I only really watch that 1 series. Unless I am all caught up and need to watch the latest episode... sometimes. If I remember. But at first I wasn't sure if I could do it with Torchwood. So I actually started and got caught up on The Killing(great show btw.) while also watching Torchwood. Well to be fair there were only like 5 or 6 episodes so far.

But as I watched I realized 'omg must... watch... more!!' and while at first I was sorta glad this series wasn't to big I am really really sad that I will quickly run out of episodes and have to wait for Miracle Day. Damn.

It also had James Marsters. He makes for an awesome villian. That... well that about says it all.

So yeah. Oh and the season 1 finale of Torchwood was awesome. Oh and good to see the Doctor's hand in that jar.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed May 18, 2011 11:09 am

It's no surprise. The episode was written by Neil Gaiman. I would love to see one written from Terry Pratchett as well. And yeah I loved Sexy Wink It's fun to hear about how they stole each other

Torchwood was pretty. Did you watch all of it?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed May 18, 2011 1:54 pm

Rex wrote:It's no surprise. The episode was written by Neil Gaiman. I would love to see one written from Terry Pratchett as well. And yeah I loved Sexy Wink It's fun to hear about how they stole each other

Torchwood was pretty. Did you watch all of it?

Hadn't realized you were that caught up. lol

I am almost done with season/series 2(never sure which I should refer UK shows as) but I should be finishing it up real soon. Smile

Can't wait to see Miracle Day though. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri May 20, 2011 6:57 am

Yup. Completely caught up. Even hunted down the specials. Speaking about the specials I have a lot of thoughts about them. I got to make a thread soon

Can't wait to hear your thoughts about it. Especially on Children of the Earth

Me too. Here is the tiny trailer they released

Don't watch it till you see Children of the Earth

Spoiler:
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri May 20, 2011 2:10 pm

Rex wrote:Yup. Completely caught up. Even hunted down the specials. Speaking about the specials I have a lot of thoughts about them. I got to make a thread soon

Can't wait to hear your thoughts about it. Especially on Children of the Earth

Me too. Here is the tiny trailer they released

Don't watch it till you see Children of the Earth

Spoiler:

Looking for your thoughts on the specials. Smile

Miracle Day looks and sounds interesting. Good to see that Jack is back. Though were their any spoilers in the trailer for Children of Earth? It just showed a 10 second clip really.

Well then I guess I wont keep you waiting on my thoughts... which reminds me I need to write up that an Unit7's Review on BSG and Caprica... and Eureka... and other shows and stuff.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun May 22, 2011 9:15 am

Trade you for Children of the Earth Wink

And now it looks like we will be getting two Doctors next week. This ought to be fun
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun May 22, 2011 9:21 am

Rex wrote:Trade you for Children of the Earth Wink

Well for starters it's bloody brilliant.

And now it looks like we will be getting two Doctors next week. This ought to be fun

Anytime there are two Doctors at once is always a fun time. Well I can only remmeber it happening once before. It will definitely be an interesting episode. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu May 26, 2011 1:00 pm

Only two days till the new episode. Can't wait to see it
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon May 30, 2011 3:20 am

I didn't care to much about the Flesh parts of the episode. I guess I really just wasn't all to interested.

The two doctors part was great though. Also I loved the ending and it answered why the TARDIS didn't seem to beable to reach a conclusion as to whether or not Amy was Pregnant. That and the whole sliding door and that woman.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:18 pm

Agreed. I think they really wrapped this up nicely. I didn't suspect that it would turn out to be this way . Now I wonder how they will be able deal with the Doctor's death.
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:35 pm

Rex wrote:Agreed. I think they really wrapped this up nicely. I didn't suspect that it would turn out to be this way . Now I wonder how they will be able deal with the Doctor's death.

See I think the Flesh Doctor returns and is similar to the Doctor in how he doesn't really age. I mean did anyone notice that the Doctor left no instructions as to how to deal with the TARDIS? No better question. Where is the Future TARDIS? It just doesn't disappear. It has to be somewhere. Right?

Of course then again River Song has probably had the lecture on what to do with it... but that's... yeah well ok.

OK so there is the problem with how the Flesh Doctor actually got back in time...

I really can't wait until the Doctor's Death is explained and who killed him... tried to kill him... I don't think any of the new series opened up that kind of mystery right off the bat. I mean usually you can pick up certain clues and details about the seasons overall story/finale episodes.

Can't wait for the next episode though. Very Happy

Too bad it's the midseason finale or whatever. Sad

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:39 pm

A Good Man Goes To War has to be by far my favorite episode in the entire franchise. We got to see some of the Doctor's old rivals such as the Cybermen. We saw the Jadoon(sp) and we also got to see some Sontarans and them lizard people. Oh and that blue guy who I have no idea where he's from... lol

Also Matt Smith did a great job in this episode. You know at times he sorta reminded me of the Joker though. The way he was enjoying the chaos that was all around him.

Was also cool to see how far of an impact the Doctor has had on the Universe.

Also the ending. I have to admit. I did not see that coming at all. I mean... I figured River Song was that chick with the one eye. I definitely did not see that coming.

Overall great episode. Smile

Also w
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:05 am

See I think the Flesh Doctor returns and is similar to the Doctor in how he doesn't really age. I mean did anyone notice that the Doctor left no instructions as to how to deal with the TARDIS? No better question. Where is the Future TARDIS? It just doesn't disappear. It has to be somewhere. Right?
Yeah that's what I thought as well. Especially since the flesh girl also had a brain condition which might be hint that a flesh doctor could potentially have regeneration as well. However.....this seems a bit too obvious and they always manage to pull of something crazy and unexpected

But with all those hand travel devices it shouldn't be too much of a problem getting back in time.

Yeah it really sucks that it's a mid season finale. I can't wait to see how things will turn out. I hope it's something as crazy and unexpected as with Donna or the Doctor himself. I certainly didn't expect the four knocks to be this

Agreed. It was a really great episode but to me the last battle against the Daleks with all the companions together that was just the most epic forme Smile

Agreed. I mean it was obvious that the soldier girl was a decoy but I expected that River Song would turn out to be in some way connected to the one eye woman. but this wow. And I loved the fact that they gave us a hint earlier in the song with Melody Pond and River Song. That was awesome

Indeed. You could feel how much he loved masterminding this.

It was a great episode but there was one thing that bothered me. The Doctor has always respected life. Even the Cybermen and the Daleks themselves and here he just wiped out thousands of Cybermen just like this. To send a message. That's it. I mean when he essentially committed genocide against the mind controlling aliens I could see the need even though it was disturbing how he didn't seem to feel any regret. But here? It seemed just overtly brutal. And calling on an army? The Doctor never liked getting others to fight for him. Even when entire planets were disappearing he just blew off the offer of The Shadow Proclamation who's army is powerful enough to enforce rule in the entire galaxy. But here against merely a few hundred armed humans he calls upon an entire army.

It just seems like his ego is growing to the point where he doesn't seem to care much about his own rules. And I was really excited when River started calling him up on it but then....nothing. I expected the Doctor to start realizing just how far he is gone but instead they keep this for about 20 seconds and then it's off to awesome revelations about River Song which I admit completely took my mind off this train of thought but later on when I thought more about it the Doctor seemed to be going really dark. I am actually wondering if he didn't actually allow himself to really die because he went too far and knew he had to stop himself. This would certinly be a crazy twist
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next