Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who: From The Begining

3 posters

Go down

Doctor Who: From The Begining Empty Doctor Who: From The Begining

Post by Unit7 Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:55 pm

I like to call myself a Doctor Who fan but the truth is this seems like a very hollow claim. I remember years ago when Scifi(now Syfy) started airing the revival series with Christopher Eccelson. I watched the first episode and I was hooked. Since then I have watched from Eccelston, to Tennant, and now Matt Smith. I have enjoyed this series very much.

But calling myself a fan just seems kinda incomplete. I suppose it be like claiming to be a fan of Zelda and never having played Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. Both excellent games that every Zelda fan should play atleast once(and then most likely replay again)

Its annoying seeing people talk about the Doctor and bring up the amazing Tom Baker as the the Fourth Doctor. Because it reminds me... I started at 9 and never saw 1-8. I dont know if he is as amazing Doctor and that... that leaves me feeling sad.

Over the years I do know that Doctor Who has been given a lot of retconning over the years. He started off as a mysterious man who traveled in the TARDIS with his grandaughter. I have no idea what happened to her. My guess is she was most likely written out of the series. We dont learn anything about his family during the 9th-11th doctors. But even more changed over the series.

A chance I want to witness for myself.

But finding old episodes of Doctor Who seemed like a rather daunting task. From my understanding BBC didnt perserve these episodes as they should have. Some were destroyed or ruined over the ages. Looking at letmewatchthis list it seems lots of them are missing with gaps. Some have part 4, but no part 2. So while i can watch episodes 1,3, and 4 of a storyline I might be missing out on that crucial episode 2.

But I have decided.

If I want to truly call myself a Doctor Who fan. Then I must watch these episodes. I have to give them a shot and in all honesty I just want to see how the Doctor evolved over the decades.

So this thread shall be dedicated to my Journey of 8 Doctors.

I got a lot of watching a head of me... lucky for me its the Doctor.

As to anyone else who is a Doctor Who Fan who hasn't seen the older series. chances are I am going to bug you about watching them.

Because lets face it. More Doctor Who can never hurt. Smile

Now Im going to get something to eat, maybe something to drink, and start watching 'An Unearthly Child' (damn i wish i had popcorn...)

Smile

EDIT: Please note that this is just how I feel personally about it.

Also so far I am enjoying it Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who: From The Begining Empty Re: Doctor Who: From The Begining

Post by melissa052 Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:21 pm

I've also thought about going back to the beginning and watching Doctors 1-8. There's just the issue of finding all of them, like you said... I hate going in search for TV shows online. Usually if it's not on Sidereel or watchseries.eu, and with a good buffering speed, I just go to vuze and find a download.

I have seen a few episodes with the Rani on youtube! Just because a couple people on twitter RP her and the way they portray her is... Well... They actually make me want to hate her amoral villainous ways, and that takes a lot of talent. I usually love amoral villains!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:18 pm

melissa052 wrote:I've also thought about going back to the beginning and watching Doctors 1-8. There's just the issue of finding all of them, like you said... I hate going in search for TV shows online. Usually if it's not on Sidereel or watchseries.eu, and with a good buffering speed, I just go to vuze and find a download.

I have seen a few episodes with the Rani on youtube! Just because a couple people on twitter RP her and the way they portray her is... Well... They actually make me want to hate her amoral villainous ways, and that takes a lot of talent. I usually love amoral villains!

http://watchthisletme.com/watch-5135-Doctor-Who-1963

This is where I watch most of my shows. I haven't looked at each link to see if there was one. But it looks like it had more episodes then the last time I checked. Last time alot of those episodes were faded. Which usually means there are only a couple or no links to episodes.

But I have decided even if I can't watch them all. I am going to watch as many as possible.

Oh and in the very first episode An Unearthly Child, at like 2:20 theres a character that looks like he is a younger David Tennant. Atleast from the back/profile.

I have only gotten past the third episode and I wasn't really paying attention to it. But so far I have enjoyed it.

EDIT: Changed Link.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:21 pm

Meh I don't know. I think I tried watching one of the retro series once and it didn't quite work. Hell even the post Tennant era doesn't really get me very excited I am not sure I would find the old era a good fit. Although I might be curious to see Jenny's father
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Rex wrote:Meh I don't know. I think I tried watching one of the retro series once and it didn't quite work. Hell even the post Tennant era doesn't really get me very excited I am not sure I would find the old era a good fit. Although I might be curious to see Jenny's father

Only watched the first three episodes so far and I have enjoyed them. Of course the Doctor's grandaughter was a bonus. Not quite sure but there was something a bit weird about her that i liked.

Also the second episode was rather hillarious in a cheesy way. The first storyline I guess is about the Doctor, Susan, and two of her teachers sorta getting stuck during an ice age and two cavemen fight for the leader of the group. Both trying to promise the tribe that they will create fire for them.

But what I loved about it is that a older cavewoman believes that if they master fire it will be the end of them.

Unfortunately I got distracted during the third episode so I may need to rewatch it.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down