Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who!!!

5 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Doctor Who!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Doctor Who!!!

Post by Rex Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:14 pm

Ok now for the big review

When I started Doctor Who it took me awhile to get used to the format but halfway through season 1 I already loved it. I was especially impressed by Bad Wolf. I loved that the little clues they scattered all over the season. And I just loved Rose coming back from the Doctor. When she says " I want you safe...My Doctor" wow props to Billie Piper for sheer excellency.

And if this was a sad finish then the next season was even more impressive. The new Doctor is absolutely amazing. The way he goes from almost manic glee and excitement to almost genocidal like anger it's just perfect. We already saw a hint of this in the first doctor but here it's done brilliantly

And the very start of season 2 really hits you in the gut. The episode with Sarah Jane was amazing. I mean the end scene was dramatic enough by itself but when I learned that the actress died as well....well I admit when I watch this it hits me right in the heart

Doctor Who!!! - Page 3 0f86e1ee-65ce-44e8-b590-cf5fc7c5b509
The expression on his face, the tone of his voice. It was just heartbreaking and joyous at the same time. Brilliant performance. For this one line alone I would give this man an Emmy

Another great thing I loved was the episode with Madame de Pompadour. Her and the Doctor were just so lovely together and she played it brilliantly

I was also impressed at how dark they were willing to go with that absorption monster and the guys from L.I.N.D.A. This could have been very easily turned into a happily ever after but instead they went quite dark. Very nice way showing that the Doctor brings not only hope but also destruction in his wake

And then of course we come to the bitter ending. You knew from the beginning that this was going to end up badly because well Rose herself said it and of course Satan already predicted it but still it hit me hard. Even the coolness of having a Cyberman Dalek free for all(and of course who hasn't thought about it before) couldn't take away my sadness at what happened with Rose. And the way they didn't even let the Doctor finish? Bastards

I am now at the next season and I got say I am not really sold on Martha. Don't get me wrong she is perfectly lovable but... probably because instead of watching it on TV and having months to get over Rose I have watched it all at once and now all I can think off when I see Martha throwing herself at the Doctor is " Stay away from him you hussy he belongs to Rose"

I think that's all for now but there will be more coming.

P.S Does anybody know where I can find this Christmas Invasion special?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:37 pm

Sorry I don't know where you can find it.

Well I found Part 1 on youtube. Though not sure if it has all the parts or what not.

When I watched it when I was rewatching the series(only got about halfway I think lol) I watched it through Letmewatchthis and can't seem to find it there.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Another good place two find every episode is sidereel.com... Of course the best links are usually megavideo but that should be okay for just one episode.
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:05 am

Great now I'll be staring suspiciously at statues for a few monts
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:00 pm

Ooh! Blink! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that episode! Weeping Angels... BEST enemies ever!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:47 pm

It sure was. Absolutely brilliant. Disturbing but at the same time kinda sad. Truly the loneliest creatures in the universe

Anyway I just finished with season 3 and I gotta say I gave her a chance but Martha Jones just can't measure up to Rose. And now I am starting season 4 and I am really depressed to see that they brought the bride back and it looks like they want to make her the new companion. That's just Sad

I want my Rose back. They were so brilliant together with the Doctor
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:01 pm

Yeah...

Oh, S4 gets really good! Much better than S3! And Donna is brilliant! My 3rd fave companion after Rose and Jack! And you have a few pleasant surprises coming up! Mostly in the last 3 eps. Wink Although, if you're like me, you'd probably throw something at the TV upon the ending of Journey's End. Seriously. But it all shapes up well, really!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Yes. Rose!!. My Rose is back. Is this one of the pleasant surprises? It sure is Smile)

Yeah Donna is not bad. I mean I can get behind the type of bantering they have. In fact in the first episode where she was a bride it was kinda a fun. It's just that this kind of bantering makes it impossible to get that fantastic chemistry the Doctor and Rose had.

Anyway speaking of fantastic a big wod to Family of Blood. Really good episode. The doctor acted his ass off and seeing the fury of a Time Lord was awesome
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:40 pm

When I was flying back from England, I watched an episode of Dr. Who on the plane. The episode was "Amy's Choice." I never realized what the show was about. It was pretty interesting and I want to check out more.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:46 pm

secret_life8 wrote:When I was flying back from England, I watched an episode of Dr. Who on the plane. The episode was "Amy's Choice." I never realized what the show was about. It was pretty interesting and I want to check out more.

Amy's Choice was probably one of my least fave episodes in S5 for some reason... It's just not a memorable episode although I do remember loving the concept of the Dream Lord!

And YOU MUST check it out more!!! If you want, all the episodes can be found online on sidereel.com...
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:28 pm

Ooh! And Rex? Did you finish S4?
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:33 am

melissa052 wrote:
secret_life8 wrote:When I was flying back from England, I watched an episode of Dr. Who on the plane. The episode was "Amy's Choice." I never realized what the show was about. It was pretty interesting and I want to check out more.

Amy's Choice was probably one of my least fave episodes in S5 for some reason... It's just not a memorable episode although I do remember loving the concept of the Dream Lord!

And YOU MUST check it out more!!! If you want, all the episodes can be found online on sidereel.com...

yea, I'll check it out. thanks for the link.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:34 am

Nope. Still barely on episode 3. Too hectic lately. But I did start Torchwood
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:48 pm

Man I have yet to see Torchwood still.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:07 pm

Almost done with season 4. I am right after the series where the Doctor got stuck on a cruise in a diamond planet and something stole his voice

Unit I recommend Torchwood. It's quite interesting and it's not your usual series. It can go to some very dark places. Really dark places

Also the lead in actress kinda looks like Zooey Deschanel
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:18 pm

Rex wrote:Almost done with season 4. I am right after the series where the Doctor got stuck on a cruise in a diamond planet and something stole his voice

Oh I remember that episode. Really enjoyed that one. Very Happy

Unit I recommend Torchwood. It's quite interesting and it's not your usual series. It can go to some very dark places. Really dark places

Also the lead in actress kinda looks like Zooey Deschanel

Well looks like i have something to look forward to after I finish SG1 and Stargate Atlantis. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:26 pm

Rex wrote:Almost done with season 4. I am right after the series where the Doctor got stuck on a cruise in a diamond planet and something stole his voice

Ah, Midnight! So you're next ep is Turn Left! My favorite... Rose returns, sounds so much like the Doctor it's funny. And it really makes you think about how a single choice can effect so very much.
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun May 01, 2011 12:10 pm

Got hung up on Torchwood but I shall watch it! Very Happy

Meanwhile here is something for you Mel

Doctor Who!!! - Page 3 Rage-comics-doctor-who-fangasm
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sun May 01, 2011 10:25 pm

Awesome pic.

So I saw the latest Doctor Who episode. A few thoughts
1) The Silence are a great villian. It's a scary concept too. You can see them when you look at them, you are obviously going to shit yourself, and then when you look away you are wondering why on earth you just shat yourself and then go about your merry way as if nothing happened.

Also the Doctor's plan was rather brilliant and also more or less ties into the idea of Armstrong not saying a certain word or part of what he had originally planned to say. Or something. Anyways it was awesome.

2) The whole little girl thing. Yeah not even going to speculate on that. Well I did but... yeah. Just going to see how it plays out.

Great episode and great way to start a season. Very Happy
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon May 02, 2011 6:23 am

Ok looks like I downloaded the episodes in the wrong order. I just watched the Doctor's daughter and holy glacamoli . She is beyond hot. Wow. I hope they bring her back again
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon May 02, 2011 12:05 pm

melissa052 wrote:Yeah...
Although, if you're like me, you'd probably throw something at the TV upon the ending of Journey's End. Seriously. But it all shapes up well, really!
Just finished season 4 and I absolutely loved it. What happened to Donna sucked major balls but they gave Rose literally the best ending I can think of . I love it

Ah, Midnight! So you're next ep is Turn Left! My favorite... Rose returns, sounds so much like the Doctor it's funny. And it really makes you think about how a single choice can effect so very much.
I LOVED this one. It was so funny to see Rose pulling a Doctor. Poor Unit woman general Very Happy

And wow the finale of season 4 was really something. Even Stargate went only as far as nearly destroying a mere two universes(oh Rodney when will you learn) but here? The entire multiverse? Wow. I just went all...

Doctor Who!!! - Page 3 Dramatic-david
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Mon May 02, 2011 5:17 pm

Unit7 wrote:Awesome pic.

So I saw the latest Doctor Who episode. A few thoughts
1) The Silence are a great villian. It's a scary concept too. You can see them when you look at them, you are obviously going to shit yourself, and then when you look away you are wondering why on earth you just shat yourself and then go about your merry way as if nothing happened.

Also the Doctor's plan was rather brilliant and also more or less ties into the idea of Armstrong not saying a certain word or part of what he had originally planned to say. Or something. Anyways it was awesome.

2) The whole little girl thing. Yeah not even going to speculate on that. Well I did but... yeah. Just going to see how it plays out.

Great episode and great way to start a season. Very Happy

AGREED COMPLETELY! My mind is still an explode-y mess over it though! It opened up far more questions than it answered! And the Doctor pretty much told the Human race to commit genocide. That was... So weird!

And about the little girl.... That's where most of my questions come in. XD

Rex wrote:Ok looks like I downloaded the episodes in the wrong order. I just watched the Doctor's daughter and holy glacamoli . She is beyond hot. Wow. I hope they bring her back again

Mhm! I wish Jenny would be brought back but I don't see it happening... I loved her! Georgia Moffet (Jenny) and David Tennant are actually engaged and recently had a daughter. Weird, his TV daughter is gonna be his real life wife.

Rex wrote:
melissa052 wrote:Yeah...
Although, if you're like me, you'd probably throw something at the TV upon the ending of Journey's End. Seriously. But it all shapes up well, really!
Just finished season 4 and I absolutely loved it. What happened to Donna sucked major balls but they gave Rose literally the best ending I can think of . I love it

Yeah, after thinking about it a while, I do like how it ended for Rose. I just wish RTD would make a spin off series showing Rose and the human Doctor's lives in the para universe... Don't see /that/ happening anytime soon though!

melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon May 02, 2011 6:39 pm

Damn . I mean damn. David Tennant is one super lucky guy. She is amazing. I really hope they give her another role or at least she becomes part of some DWho special
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue May 03, 2011 1:18 pm

I just saw The End of Time....and oh come on. What the hell. Why would you replace David Tennant ? He was literally perfect in this role.. Seriously why?

And they just had to make the ending was bloody tragic. The goodbye with Rose, the I don't want to go part. Bloody bastards Sad
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Tue May 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Oh, yeah.... The End of Time makes me wanna cry everytime. Although I do love the episode and think it was done brilliantly, and I loved the return of the Master and the Master Race. I love Simm! Very Happy But then the end of Tennant just makes be wanna bust into tears... But for some reason I don't. The only episode to actually make me cry thus far has been Doomsday in S2.
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next