Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we respect God or not?

+6
Unit7
KAcrazy
brown eyes sp
melissa052
ayan
Rex
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should we respect God or not? Empty Should we respect God or not?

Post by Rex Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:35 am

Since the other thread got closed I thought we might continue here. Now it's one thing to tolerate people beliefs but should we show respect towards the figure of the Abrahaimic god (and others gods) just because a lot of people believe in him?

Now the big deal was that Mellisa called God and ass. People actually got offended by this which I find strange since too me the God from the Bible is like a mix between a spoiled child and a murdering sociopath and to call him something as harmless as an ass is pretty tame imo

So this begs the question why shouldn't we consider and call the God from the Abrhaimic religions with the names that fit the actions he committed in the Bible? Just because people who believe in him get cranky? That seems illogical. That's like abstaining from calling Stalin names because some of his followers might get offended

Is it here a question of might is right aka there are a lot of christians so God is off limits?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Should we respect God or not? Empty Re: Should we respect God or not?

Post by Rex Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:34 am

Ok people let's not get back into petty fights. Back on the topic. Now let consider this should we use a double standard for figures like God? If a man goes a child murdering spree we call him a monster, when God does it shouldn't the same apply to him? And if not why? And is there any limit to what you are willing to accept from god? I mean yeah he killed the entire world all animals included(which is proven to be wrong but for the sake of the discussion let's assume the flood happened) which in theory should be the worst thing anyone can do but yet it's accepted from him. Now I imagine for us non believers that's a simple question but how many atrocities are believers willing to tolerate before they stop. Before they say I am not believing in some secret good plan anymore, he is just a plain monster

I guess then, your view of forum etc., is not a place to state your own beliefs but go after those of other people.

And just to clear this up once and for all . A forum is a place to discuss your beliefs. The place where you state your beliefs is called a blog. It's a rather big difference
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:52 pm

Rex wrote:Never said it did. But culture and belief are strongly intertwined and this has reached the level of a tradition where it's already pretty much a belief. It's local not global so it doesn't have to do anything with Islam as far as ideology goes
True, they have pretty weird culture. I heard back in the day, when a guy wants to marry he gives a dad 20 cows or something and a gun and the dad gives the guy his daughter in return. Pretty sad. lols

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:54 pm

Islam doesn't say circumcise girls.

I have a feeling I'll regret asking this... But HOW is it possible to circumcise a girl?
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:56 pm

Think of one of the worst possible things that can happen to your vagina and then you will have your answer

True, they have pretty weird culture. I heard back in the day, when a guy wants to marry he gives a dad 20 cows or something and a gun and the dad gives the guy his daughter in return. Pretty sad. lols
Sadly this still happens in some gypsy communities and the girls could be as young as 12 or 14
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:05 pm

melissa052 wrote:
Islam doesn't say circumcise girls.

I have a feeling I'll regret asking this... But HOW is it possible to circumcise a girl?

I don't know. I never saw anybody doing it. I just heard of it. lol

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by ayan Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:08 pm

Rex wrote:Think of one of the worst possible things that can happen to your vagina and then you will have your answer

Sadly this still happens in some gypsy communities and the girls could be as young as 12 or 14
Oh that is very sad. I don't know why I am asking this, but don't people have common sense? I mean it is not that hard to know this is wrong.

ayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:18 pm

Ok it's basically the cutting of external female genitalia often done on tables or floors, without anaesthetic, using filthy, blunt knives, razor blades or scalpels. And afterwards they sew the women back up so that her husband can proudly take her on their wedding night. Afterwards he hangs the bloody sheet to show that his woman is pure. It's done quite often on girls between ages four and 12. Over 3 million girls go through this every year and this doesn't happen just in third world countries. Often immigrants take this practice abroad. I believe that in the Uk alone they said that there are several tens of thousands of girls at danger of this

Oh that is very sad. I don't know why I am asking this, but don't people have common sense? I mean it is not that hard to know this is wrong.

Not to them. They consider it normal

Last edited by Rex on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by brown eyes sp Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:22 pm

Excision (female circumcision) is horrifying to me. I usually try to at least think of cultural customs in the context of that society, but that's just plain dangerous.

I wonder if there is any exception in the culture for hemophiliac girls?
brown eyes sp
brown eyes sp

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Dangerous and just plain disgusting and insane.

Don't know. Honestly I don't care to find anymore details about this disgusting culture. All I care about is seeing anyone who even thinks of doing this to a child rotting in prison and to make sure to inform the other inmates on just why they are there. This goes double for the parents

And this is also one place where I think that the government should definitely be keeping a very close eyes and make special exceptions as far as rights goes. I know France took a lot of heat from the politically correct crowd about their tough policies on this but I would go even further until nobody even dares to think about doing something like this in any country
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:24 pm

I KNEW I'd regret asking! Dude... Why is that legal? What is the point? I mean seriously.... It sounds so painful and so wrong!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by KAcrazy Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:37 pm

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Why delete my comment? I want an explanation for what exactly was wrong with my reply in this thread. It didn't cause any trouble. It actually offered a reason why I did what I did, and went into detail about my thoughts of the topic of this thread; that I believe I can say certain things to certain people, but I try my best not to say something extremely harsh to someone extremely religious.

Calling God as ass to someone who questioned his existence and power was fairly reasonable. You may disagree with me, but that does not change the point that my assumptions were correct. melissa052 was okay with it and agreed. I was directing the comment to her.

So what is up with the fuss of others? I do not know.

For those who wonder why I did not PM, well, I actually explained why in my original post in this thread that was DELETED. Seriously, what stupid moderating decisions. How the hell are you even supposed to even talk here without praising God?

Oh, crap, I said hell. I am sorry, Christians. I will pray for forgiveness, as I live my life for only God and the Bible like a brainless uncreative puppet who will delete posts which aren't in favor of my beliefs.
KAcrazy
KAcrazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:45 pm

Dawn Deleted it by request. Actually I am in full support of it. The fight and the whole thing should have ended when I locked the thread. It was carried over here, because of how Rex was inspired to make this post.

The fight continued on and Melissa, and others, wished the whole argument to cease. To help things get back on topic, Dawn cleaned up the off topic posts. Which was also requested by Rex.(well actually he requested to get back on topic.)

Basicly what Dawn did is what I would expect just about any Mod to do. Clean up a thread that has to many posts not related to the topic at hand.

Though ironically the topic does seem to have shifted altogether anyways...

Either way the posts relating to the fight over on the other therad was requested to be deleted.

So just drop it.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KAcrazy Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:47 pm

Unit7 wrote:Dawn Deleted it by request. Actually I am in full support of it. The fight and the whole thing should have ended when I locked the thread. It was carried over here, because of how Rex was inspired to make this post.

The fight continued on and Melissa, and others, wished the whole argument to cease. To help things get back on topic, Dawn cleaned up the off topic posts. Which was also requested by Rex.(well actually he requested to get back on topic.)

Basicly what Dawn did is what I would expect just about any Mod to do. Clean up a thread that has to many posts not related to the topic at hand.

Though ironically the topic does seem to have shifted altogether anyways...

Either way the posts relating to the fight over on the other therad was requested to be deleted.

So just drop it.

Oh, okay, so let's talk about female circumcision.
KAcrazy
KAcrazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Actually she also cleaned up my big post which was right on topic. I would like to have it back. Is there like a reverse button here?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by KAcrazy Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:49 pm

As I said before, my post actually went into detail my thoughts on the topic.
KAcrazy
KAcrazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:55 pm

Yeah I am pretty sure that apart from my big post which was right on topic there were at least a few others which had thoughtful arguments. Seriously in the future at least for my own threads since it seems you can give requests here rather then go all politburo and delete nearly everything a simple warning from a moderator not to veer off topic(and if possible for the moderators themselves not to derail a thread) would be enough. I would rather have some trash combined with some good posts instead of a crippled thread
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:00 pm

Rex wrote:Actually she also cleaned up my big post which was right on topic. I would like to have it back. Is there like a reverse button here?

Oh is that so?

Sorry No. I can see the list of what dawn has deleted and such but I can't reverse it.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:09 pm

Bummer. Oh well moving on. I guess we can combine the original intent of this topic and the shift towards unsavory traditions spawned by religion and culture.

How far should religious practices be tolerated? That christian sect who refuses blood transfusion and similar stuff comes to mind since this is an overall tame example and in a western country

I am personally split. Well I mean it should be completely illegal to force children to go through this and the doctors should be able to overrule the parents when it comes to such medical decisions. However with adults...? I don't know. To me if they want to die it's their choice. I may find it stupid but still. Unless they have some mental condition they wishes on the types of medical treatment should maybe be honored
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:17 pm

What I don't understand are the people who are against medical technology because its against God and his teachings or something.

Now why would God frown upon life saving medication and treatments? Like the blood transfusion, whats so wrong with it? Wouldn't God want you to continue on living if given the chance?

But why would God allow us to tackle diseases and viruses and conquer them, only to want us to deny it?

Now I suppose they do figure that its actually the Devil's work... or something.

So Satan wants you to live on... but God wants you to die?

Personaly I think Doctors should be able to intervene and over ride the parents decision on whether or not to treat a kid. Its all fine and dandy when an adult refuses but forcing it upon the children is just wrong. If they grow up and are fully aware of their actions then fine.

But until then, Doctors should beable to treat kids despite the parents wishes.

Because I just don't buy the whole 'Satan wants you to live, God wants you to die' thing.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:25 pm

You should read Good Omens by Terry Pratchett. It has some interesting thoughts by this old laid back demon on how younger demons are amateurs and so on. To paraphrase his thoughts basically he says that as a demon it's far more wise to do something like say Twilight or a Telemarketing agency rather then force someone to go on a killing spree or something since the slow psychological torture of humans will drive them to commit more sins while a quick dead would simply send them to heaven if they were good and if they were bad if sends them to hell and simply removes a good tool from the Earth
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:05 am

melissa052 wrote:I KNEW I'd regret asking! Dude... Why is that legal? What is the point? I mean seriously.... It sounds so painful and so wrong!
I'm not sure if I'm right here, considering I'd never even heard of females being circumcised until now (and I don't want to research something like this). If it's the same as FGM, I can offer some answers.
Female genital mutilation is performed to keep young women from having sex before marriage. Not sure what exactly is done down there, but it makes sex incredibly painful. Sometimes they nght do something to the clitoris to prevent sexual pleasure. Then the sick bastards who marry them are sure she's a virgin, so they can deflower her and watch the bloodshed.
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:27 am

Pretty sure they are one in the same Hannah. Razz
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:29 am

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:
melissa052 wrote:I KNEW I'd regret asking! Dude... Why is that legal? What is the point? I mean seriously.... It sounds so painful and so wrong!
I'm not sure if I'm right here, considering I'd never even heard of females being circumcised until now (and I don't want to research something like this). If it's the same as FGM, I can offer some answers.
Female genital mutilation is performed to keep young women from having sex before marriage. Not sure what exactly is done down there, but it makes sex incredibly painful. Sometimes they nght do something to the clitoris to prevent sexual pleasure. Then the sick bastards who marry them are sure she's a virgin, so they can deflower her and watch the bloodshed.

Wow... I am so glad I don't live somewhere where this is normal... I'd hate mom if she ever let anyone do that to me!
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:34 am

melissa052 wrote:
Hannah_Banana222 wrote:

Wow... I am so glad I don't live somewhere where this is normal... I'd hate mom if she ever let anyone do that to me!

If you lived in a place like that, your mother would have no power to protect you, she too would be under some guy's thumb.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next