Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we respect God or not?

+6
Unit7
KAcrazy
brown eyes sp
melissa052
ayan
Rex
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should we respect God or not? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we respect God or not?

Post by Rex Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:39 am

Sadly the mothers quite often are just as responsible as the father. And even more sadly a lot of these places include western countries like the USA,UK,France and so on
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by brown eyes sp Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:33 pm

Rex wrote:Bummer. Oh well moving on. I guess we can combine the original intent of this topic and the shift towards unsavory traditions spawned by religion and culture.

How far should religious practices be tolerated? That christian sect who refuses blood transfusion and similar stuff comes to mind since this is an overall tame example and in a western country

I am personally split. Well I mean it should be completely illegal to force children to go through this and the doctors should be able to overrule the parents when it comes to such medical decisions. However with adults...? I don't know. To me if they want to die it's their choice. I may find it stupid but still. Unless they have some mental condition they wishes on the types of medical treatment should maybe be honored

I agree that if an adult decides they don't want medical treatments based on religion, etc., then it is their right to die in whatever way they choose. It's when these people start influencing others into refusing treatments etc. that I see a problem, especially when it's children who aren't old enough to decide for themselves what they think is best.

It's not only children that get shafted, though. Poorly educated adults are also at risk of being influenced by religious biases toward medicine. For instance, certain Catholic leaders in Africa telling people not to use condoms. I understand the church's view of contraceptives, but in an area crippled by AIDS epidemic it seems morally repugnant to me that they can influence other people not to protect themselves.
brown eyes sp
brown eyes sp

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:35 pm

I just noticed that my post disappeared. Umm..why? There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's very annoying when I actually use a couple brain cells in a post and take time to write it, then come back to see it gone. I was not bashing. I was not being offensive. I was simply replying to Rex's question and agreeing with the opinion of another poster. This thread could have sparked an interesting discussion if it wasn't completely destroyed.

How far should religious practices be tolerated? That christian sect who refuses blood transfusion and similar stuff comes to mind since this is an overall tame example and in a western country

People shouldn't have the right to claim religion as an excuse to neglect their children. If an adult wants to refuse medical treatment for whatever reason, that's fine, but forcing it on others who can't speak for themselves isn't. I read an article a long time ago about a couple on trial because they chose "the power of prayer" over medical help for their sick daughter who died. It was something that could easily be treated too. I want to say diabetes, but I'm not sure if that's right.

Unit7 wrote:

Personaly I think Doctors should be able to intervene and over ride the parents decision on whether or not to treat a kid. Its all fine and dandy when an adult refuses but forcing it upon the children is just wrong. If they grow up and are fully aware of their actions then fine.

But until then, Doctors should beable to treat kids despite the parents wishes.

Definitely agree. Doctors are required by law to report any suspected cases of child abuse or neglect, so they do have some say. DCF can intervene, but the parents can always fight it. It's really unfortunate.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:30 pm

So this begs the question why shouldn't we consider and call the God from the Abrhaimic religions with the names that fit the actions he committed in the Bible?

Because G*d is not human. One cannot how compare his actions to those of mere humans. Nor can one treat him like this. G*d is all. And one must treat him with respect

Is it here a question of might is right aka there are a lot of christians so God is off limits?
It's a question of listening to your father. The same way children don't understand that the actions of their parents and think them cruel is the same way our human minds can't possibly understand G*d's will. But both are meant to protect and guide us

And is there any limit to what you are willing to accept from god?
G*d is all so I accept everything. His plan will be revealed only when I join him

What I don't understand are the people who are against medical technology because its against God and his teachings or something.
Those people are the one's who stray from G*d's path

Theodore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2