Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So have you guys watched any good movies lately?

4 posters

Go down

So have you guys watched any good movies lately? Empty So have you guys watched any good movies lately?

Post by Rex Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:58 pm

I just watched Thor and Carrie and I liked both of them quite a bit. I might even give a few long rants about them later on.

So did you watch anything good lately?
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

So have you guys watched any good movies lately? Empty Re: So have you guys watched any good movies lately?

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:24 pm

Just got around to watching The Italian Job. I liked it a lot, I don't know why it took me so long to watch it.

I rented DJango Unchained recently. Quentin Tarantino movie. I enjoyed it.

Only God Forgives. You'll either love it or hate it. It's one of those movies that has a shitload of symbolism and you have to pay attention to understand it. I liked it a lot. Plus, Ryan Gosling is sexy. Drive is another good Gosling movie where he plays a similar character.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

So have you guys watched any good movies lately? Empty Re: So have you guys watched any good movies lately?

Post by Rex Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:01 am

I have been meaning to watch The Italian Job. Ditto for Only God Forgives.

I recently watched Violet and Daisy. It's a really good movie. One of those light fun movies that you can really enjoy. And quite beautiful too. Alexis Bledel and Saoirse Ronan have the largest most intense blue eyes I have ever seen and seeing them on the big screen is like whoa. And James Gandolfini is really good in it as well

I also watched Man of Tai Chi. A pretty decent action. And it was interesting to see Keanu Reeves as the bad guy

Also I finally found a movie theater where they are airing Blue is The Warmest color so hopefully I will see it next week

Oh and has anyone seen Ender Games? Is it worth it? Cause I love some good sci fi but I hate like 95% of the movies where we have child actors for leads
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:51 pm

The only recent movie I've seen is Bad Grandpa. It was funny but I wouldn't classify it as good.

My best friend and I are going to see Saving Mr. Banks, Delivery Man, and Anchorman 2 when they come out. Saving Mr. Banks has Tom Hanks and is about Walt Disney so it should be good.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:23 pm

V/H/S and V/H/S/2 are good if you like found footage horror movies.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:25 am

I have been meaning to get into the genre. But I haven't watched anything from it till now. Not even that super popular cheaply made movie with the house and the tape. I forgot the name. It got like half a dozen sequels. Paranormal something I think

Anyway today i saw Enders Game and holy crap that was dull and boring. I expected more from Harrison Ford. They must have paid him a lot of money to sign in for this crap
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:03 pm

Rex wrote:
Anyway today i saw Enders Game and holy crap that was dull and boring. I expected more from Harrison Ford. They must have paid him a lot of money to sign in for this crap
Really? Personally I really enjoyed Ender's Game. In fact I thought it was one of the better movie adaptations I have seen in quite a long time.

Oh well, to each their own.

Other then Ender's Game I really haven't seen any recent movies. At least none that I can recall.

Though I did have an interesting deja vu feeling while watching Limitless a couple of months back. So much so that for the first half hour I was starting to think I was psychic. I could have sworn I had never seen it before.

So was Carrie good? I remember enjoying the original quite a bit. Of course I was always a bit of a fan of the outcasts getting their revenge.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Maybe because I went in having no idea what it was about. I just a few trailers. I thought it was going to be the hardcore sci fi battle type. Maybe something like Forward Unto Dawn but with an actual budget

I highly recommend Thor. It's a good movie and very very beautiful. Oh also Violet and Daisy is extremely fun!

I have been meaning to watch Limitless for a while now.

That sounds cool. Maybe you saw it and then accidentally hit your head and had short term amnesia and now you are starting to remember things bit by bit and then soon you will remember all the details of the night you saw the movie and it will change your life forever

It really was. Chloe Moretz did an amazing job. And I was especially surprised that they didn't just make it an usual revenge flick. They really did a great job at turning her into multifaceted character and you get to see both her kindness and her wrath. And her realtionship with her mother was also not the typically physically abusive one but much more messed up

It's a great movie
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Forward Unto Dawn was another movie I had wanted to see. So far I haven't had the chance. though I a only familiar with the first game and the Fall of Reach... well the book anyways.

yeah I wonder if perhaps e having read the book I knew what to expect. Though the book was never really heavy on the space battles. It is a great book though and you should check it out. it was always about the evolution of Ender's Character. Though I think you might also enjoy Peter and Valentine's side story.

yeah that could be the reason why I didn't remember it. Still it was weird just sort of knowing what was coming next without knowing how I knew. Its a fun movie.

Well it sounds like they did the remake some justice then. Yeah this is one of the reasons why I view religion as a double edged sword. Despite all the great things it can accomplish in the right hands it can be taken to an extreme that only accomplishes hatred.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Oh you would have no problem. Even if you don't know anything about Halo you can enjoy the movie since it has this introductory quality and it's set before the first game.

And yeah I really should. I have only played the first and second game since my computer is not powerful enough for the others but a e -book might be very fun

A book might be a better to get to appreciate because there is something about child actors that I dislike about 95% of the time

Actually that's another part that was very interesting about the movie. It wasn't really that much about religion. I mean sure it played a part but it wasn't that important. It was more about hmm...self awareness. Carrie is not the typical just shy girl lost in her own brand of isolation. She is very well aware of how messed up her life is, where she is heading as a person and she hates it. But she also loves her mother and is torn between this until she actually gets a shot at being the person she wants to be

Ditto for the bad girl. She completely lacks self awareness. She considers herself absolutely justified in her beliefs and treatments of others

Oh and I just watched Blue is The Warmest Color. It was a nice movie. I am not really sure if it deserves the insane hype it got but still nice. A little bit long but very beautiful(and I am not just talking about the extremely graphic sex scene. Everything was beautiful. The visuals,the background and so on) The pacing was very unusual thought so it kinda took me by surprise

And I am thinking of watching Hunger Games this week. Ought to be fun
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:38 am

Rex wrote:Oh you would have no problem. Even if you don't know anything about Halo you can enjoy the movie since it has this introductory quality and it's set before the first game.

And yeah I really should. I have only played the first and second game since my computer is not powerful enough for the others but a e -book might be very fun

A book might be a better to get to appreciate because there is something about child actors that I dislike about 95% of the time
Yeah most child actors are not all that great. Which is why Game of Thrones is a one in a million I think. They got quite a few child actors who were all really great and from what I understand they all had very little experience.

Only read one of the books, I know I had the others but I think I lost them when I lost a bunch of other files.

And I am thinking of watching Hunger Games this week. Ought to be fun
Well I'd definitely recommend the movies. That and the books if you haven't read them already. Last I checked, which was well over a year ago, you were hesitant because of the similarities with Battle Royale. God has it been that long already?

A couple of Saturdays ago I went to see Hunger Games: Catching Fire and I have to say it was a great adaptation. I think Jennifer Lawrence is an amazing actress. I thought about writing up a large review but I couldn't. Mostly because it felt out of order and I can never write out of order and I always planned on a mega review of the entire series both books and movies.

Anyways other then Catching Fire I haven't seen any movies lately.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:46 pm

Unit7 wrote:
Rex wrote:Oh you would have no problem. Even if you don't know anything about Halo you can enjoy the movie since it has this introductory quality and it's set before the first game.

Yeah most child actors are not all that great. Which is why Game of Thrones is a one in a million I think. They got quite a few child actors who were all really great and from what I understand they all had very little experience.

Only read one of the books, I know I had the others but I think I lost them when I lost a bunch of other files.
Indeed. The girl playing Arya is amazing. Almost Peter Dinklage level. And I have the books if you want. I can email them to you

And I am thinking of watching Hunger Games this week. Ought to be funWell I'd definitely recommend the movies. That and the books if you haven't read them already. Last I checked, which was well over a year ago, you were hesitant because of the similarities with Battle Royale. God has it been that long already?

A couple of Saturdays ago I went to see Hunger Games: Catching Fire and I have to say it was a great adaptation. I think Jennifer Lawrence is an amazing actress. I thought about writing up a large review but I couldn't. Mostly because it felt out of order and I can never write out of order and I always planned on a mega review of the entire series both books and movies.

Anyways other then Catching Fire I haven't seen any movies lately.

I watched it as well. It was really good. Jennifer Lawrence is great and I quot loved that Johana "Fuck you" Mason as well. I haven't seen many other movies lately either. I am planning on checking out Hobbit soon though

And yeah I read the books. They are pretty good although I must say I kinda prefer movie. Jennifer Lawrence is so good that she neturazlies  some of the things that annoyed me about book Katniss
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:15 pm

You know it never occurred to me that Katniss might be considered annoying. It seems vary rarely that I can ever really dislike or find the main character annoying. At least not to the point of disliking them. I am actually somewhat fascinated with the idea.

Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:27 pm

Oh not annoying in the ugh sense. More in some chapters when she was a bit hmm I don't know kinda annoying. Especially when she couldn't get her shit together and swallow until the war was finished

By the way did you watch the Hobbit. It's still not out here
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down