Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Share your happiness!

+4
xChorusOfAngelsx
Hannah_Banana222
melissa052
Rex
8 posters

Go down

Share your happiness! Empty Share your happiness!

Post by Bianca Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:08 pm

Well, I'd like to liven up the place a little bit.
This topic, I'm creating it, so we can share our little things in life that make us happy.
I'll begin:
- a book, I bought on amazon has just arrived, yay,
- in a week my finals will finally end up Smile (and I'll get a bunch of winter holidays, yay)
- my group has finally refurbished the second lab, and we're moving in next week :3!

What are you happy about? Smile
Bianca
Bianca

http://itswhatidothatdefinesme.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Share your happiness! Empty Re: Share your happiness!

Post by Rex Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:28 am

- the final of Legend of Korra
- Agent Carter
- Tatiana Maslany being casted in the new Star Wars spinoff movie
- I did an insane amount of travelling last year and it was wonderufl
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bianca Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:14 am

Wow, traveling sounds awesome to me. I'm at a stage of planning where to go this year. Still, my job might make things complicated but I'm working on having two weeks of free time haha. Then, maybe I can go sailing.
Where did you go last year? Smile
Bianca
Bianca

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:37 am

That sounds nice. Where are you planning to go?

I went to Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, England,France, Italy, Malta, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey and Romania . Oh and I guess the Vatican since it technically counts as another country. It was really fun
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:39 pm

I have lots to be excited for coming up...

-Going back to school in fall.
-My sister recently got arrested. (Doesn't sound happy, but trust me... if you knew her, you'd be happy, too. :p )
-I've got an awesome long-distance girlfriend who I am actually going to meet in March! Coincidentally, because of the artist that brought us together who is having several concerts in LA coming up...
-I might be becoming a mod on another forum I frequent due to a bunch of drama that went down. Still kind of in the discussion mode as that forum is about to be rebranded as something completely different.
-Pizza.
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:48 am

Hmm... Well I'm graduating from college in May (well, I'm walking in the ceremony, but I won't get my BA until August -- I have to take a summer class), so that's cool.
I have an awesome job (barely above minimum wage, but I love it) working at a school, so hopefully I'll be able to get an actual teaching job in a couple years.
I've been taking surveys online (e-rewards.com, if anyone's interested) and getting TicketMaster gift cards for it, so I've been to a few great concerts recently.
That's about it.

melissa052 wrote:
-My sister recently got arrested. (Doesn't sound happy, but trust me... if you knew her, you'd be happy, too. :p )
-I've got an awesome long-distance girlfriend who I am actually going to meet in March! Coincidentally, because of the artist that brought us together who is having several concerts in LA coming up...
What'd Nicole do this time? I'm just curious how getting arrested could be a good thing, especially since she has a kid.

And wait! I thought you were dating Liz? Who's this new girl, and how'd you meet her?
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:00 am

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:
melissa052 wrote:
What'd Nicole do this time?  I'm just curious how getting arrested could be a good thing, especially since she has a kid.

And wait!  I thought you were dating Liz?  Who's this new girl, and how'd you meet her?

She got high on meth and stole mom's car. I kid you not.

Liz and I broke up a while ago. We're still friends, though. Smile The new girl is Andie, a girl I met on another forum. She's pretty amazing...
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bianca Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:05 pm

Rex, actually I thought about visiting some European capital cities. I haven't done that kind of sightseeing for a while. I might try to do it on sails. It would be cool, and then after sailing somewhere I could come back by train or something - visiting even more places. Sounds like an adventure to me haha.
Hannah_Banana222, I'm happy for you and your job. Keep it up. The world needs skilled teachers. They are those who are one of the most important people, who influence children's/teenagers' lives! Smile (Personally, I've got BA in Education, so I'm a kind of a professional, one might say!)

Melissa, I'm happy for your GF and stuff, however I'm still a little bit of worried when it comes up to your sister. She did a totally crazy thing, but I think that she needs help and support (so Nicole like talk XD)

My little happiness:
- I'm so happy that there are some posts here. Maybe we can liven up this forum a little! Smile
- I'm very, very happy because I PASSED. I passed probably one of the most dfficult exam at uni (this is not only my impression of that exam. Every year, organic chemistry kills people here O.o. I mean, many people have to resit or even to attend the course for the second time O.o)
- One exam more and I can rest a little bit Razz

Bianca
Bianca

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:50 am

Hmm... Well I'm graduating from college in May (well, I'm walking in the ceremony, but I won't get my BA until August -- I have to take a summer class), so that's cool.
That sounds cool. Are you planning on travelling a bit after graduation to celebrate?

melissa052 wrote:
Hannah_Banana222 wrote:
melissa052 wrote:
What'd Nicole do this time?  I'm just curious how getting arrested could be a good thing, especially since she has a kid.

And wait!  I thought you were dating Liz?  Who's this new girl, and how'd you meet her?

She got high on meth and stole mom's car. I kid you not.

Liz and I broke up a while ago. We're still friends, though. Smile The new girl is Andie, a girl I met on another forum. She's pretty amazing...

Dude...whoa.

And congrats on the new girlfriend! I hope you

Rex, actually I thought about visiting some European capital cities. I haven't done that kind of sightseeing for a while. I might try to do it on sails. It would be cool, and then after sailing somewhere I could come back by train or something - visiting even more places. Sounds like an adventure to me haha.
You should. They are quite awesome. And you can travel quite cheaply by train and by bus. I recently travelled by bus from Berlin to Hambur and it cost only 7 euro. And the bus was pretty nice one. It had wi fi, elctrical outlets the whole nine yards. And if you are a uni sutdent everything is even cheaper

Good luck with the exams!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:40 pm

Car season is just over 2 months away (I'm a bit of a car nut. All of my friends are car people and my boyfriend and I spend the summer taking our cars to shows and other car related stuff). Counting down the days. 

Finally know what I want to do with my life. Going back to school in the fall if all goes to plan. 

This is my last day in a 54 hour work week and I'm pretty excited about having the next couple of days off.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:59 pm

xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:Car season is just over 2 months away (I'm a bit of a car nut. All of my friends are car people and my boyfriend and I spend the summer taking our cars to shows and other car related stuff). Counting down the days. 

Finally know what I want to do with my life. Going back to school in the fall if all goes to plan. 

This is my last day in a 54 hour work week and I'm pretty excited about having the next couple of days off.

Was gifted my stepmom's 2014 yellow fiat 500L last month. I've been driving a '98 ford taurus since I was 17 and it finally fell apart irreparably. I cannot express how grateful I am for my stepmom's generosity, I really couldn't afford to get myself another vehicle. And it's really important since I'm no longer in new orleans where I can walk or take a bus everywhere. It's nice to finally not have to worry whether my car will start every morning. Quick question, I know absolutely nothing about cars. Why did my car only give me trouble when the weather was cold? If it was 40 or above it would usually start, below that it usually wouldn't and I would have to crank the engine then keep my foot on the gas for a couple minutes before it would stay on? What's the reason for that?
PiperC!
PiperC!

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:01 pm

PiperC! wrote:
xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:Car season is just over 2 months away (I'm a bit of a car nut. All of my friends are car people and my boyfriend and I spend the summer taking our cars to shows and other car related stuff). Counting down the days. 

Was gifted my stepmom's 2014 yellow fiat 500L last month. I've been driving a '98 ford taurus since I was 17 and it finally fell apart irreparably. I cannot express how grateful I am for my stepmom's generosity, I really couldn't afford to get myself another vehicle. And it's really important since I'm no longer in new orleans where I can walk or take a bus everywhere. It's nice to finally not have to worry whether my car will start every morning. Quick question, I know absolutely nothing about cars. Why did my car only give me trouble when the weather was cold? If it was 40 or above it would usually start, below that it usually wouldn't and I would have to crank the engine then keep my foot on the gas for a couple minutes before it would stay on? What's the reason for that?

It could be one or a combination of several tthings. Cars are full of liquids that thicken as the temperature drops. Engines have to work harder to get cold oil circulated; that's why it's a good idea to let your car run for a few minutes when it's cold before taking off. Also, batteries don't like the cold. Chemical reactions inside the battery drastically slow down, giving the car less power to start with. Being an older car, it could have been a worn out part. Your problem actually sounds like you needed a coolant temperature sensor. When they get old, they can cause the computer to inject the wrong amount of fuel on a cold start.

That's awesome that your step mom gave you a car! I loved buzzing around in the little 500s when I worked for a car rental place. The Ls are the bigger ones, right?
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:45 am

In the last few weeks I have been feeding some cats underneath my window. But I only give them food after I meow loudly. Now this has created a Pavlovian response in which whenever I go out my window and meow loudly no matter where they are or what they do suddenly get between 2-6 cats running like hell. They literally explode from underneath cars, bushes and wherever else you can think and come to me

The ability to summon cats with a single sound is really kind awesome
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bianca Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:24 pm

Wow, so many responses Wink. I haven't been here for a while Razz.

So, actually - I'm happy for all of your happy stuff Razz

Also, finals are over and I'm going to rest for a while Smile (yup, no lab either!)

Bianca
Bianca

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:20 pm

I have a lot to be happy for that I easily take for granted

1. My family! They are my EVERYTHING
2. The fact that I have amazing opportunities flying around in my everyday life. I actually got a promotion at my job the other day. I work at MAC Cosmetics and officially can call myself a makeup artist.
3. That the winter hasnt been that harsh on us in my area just yet, and fingers crossed that we have a snow-free last month of winter.
4. and the fact that I woke up this morning, call that cliche haha.
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Bianca Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:13 am

Joselin4life - Congrats on your promotion! Smile

I also have a plenty of things to be happy for:
- I had a wonderful weekend, and I feel like I've got more power now to deal with anything I have to (I went to the sea, and it was quite awesome !)
- I met my bf's family and it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be ^^'
- I'm seeing one of my friends who went to study abroad in two weeks (we do see each other once or twice a year, so it really makes me happy!)
- I frequently keep making people smile in my lab. I think that the atmosphere really matters,
- I began to think of going for an internship somewhere outside of academia just to keep in touch with hm...normal world Razz. Maybe I should go to a boarding school to be a TA during a summer school. I don't know, still... it could be nice Razz
Bianca
Bianca

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Bianca wrote:- I frequently keep making people smile in my lab. I think that the atmosphere really matters

I love people who think like this because it's so rare these days! Smile
But what do you study??? I dont know if you've said what you study yet, so sorry if you have to repeat yourself.
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Bianca Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:38 am

Hm, it depends on the country (and place), I think. Sometimes, it's difficult to smile when you have obstacles everywhere even in the easiest stuff (e.g. you don't earn as much as you should to pay your rent and you have to find an additional job to eat something:P - it's the situation of most countries in Central and Eastern Europe, I think).

Well, I'm going to be a chemist, so... chemistry. Also, I have a BA in Education (Early childhood education), so maybe that's why I keep taking care of the smiling thing Razz.
Bianca
Bianca

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:23 am

1. I'm finally 21 (WOO! haha)
2. Spring is finally in the near future (this winter was the second coldest on record, by .4 degrees)
3. My mom and I are going to NYC in March
4. The girls I watch are growing up and it's amazing to watch all the things they're learning to do
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bianca Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:09 am

Congrats on becoming an adult!

1. I'm back here
2. My new laboratory room is fully set up to do anything I want
3. Holidays are coming
4. I think I finally made progress in my sweet tooth thing. Finally loosing some weight Razz
Bianca
Bianca

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:11 am

So it looks like I will be going to Ireland in a few months. Sweet Smile I always wanted to go there
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:32 pm

Today is an extremely happy day for me, along with like a million others in the LGBT community in America. The Supreme Court has ruled all bans on same sex marriage unconstitutional, so basically it is now legal for us to get married in all 50 states (AND the US territories, I believe! Very Happy)

Beautiful history has been made today. Smile
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:22 am

Sweet ! Congrats Mel!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down