Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Plans!

5 posters

Go down

Summer Plans! Empty Summer Plans!

Post by maggiemay Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:36 pm

It's probably kinda early to be asking, but I'm procrastinating so why not.
Does anyone have cool plans this summer?

My brother is graduating with his Masters degree next month, so I get to go home for the first time since January for that. Otherwise I'll probably just be working and taking a summer class, we aren't going on vacation this year which kinda blows. And moving because I can't seem to live in the same apartment for more than a year lol.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Summer Plans! Empty Re: Summer Plans!

Post by Unit7 Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:21 am

I have absolutely zero plans except that on Tuesdays Thursdays Fridays and Saturdays I will be inside stocking shelves.

The rest of the days I really can't say.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:17 pm

All car stuff.

May is shot to hell. My transmission is going in my car, so I'm having a new one built that can handle not only my stock horsepower, but any future modifications I make to it. I still have all my gears, so hopefully I'll be able to limp it to and from work for the next month. So for all the car related shenanigans I have planned in May, I'll be riding in my boyfriend's car. My transmission will take about 3-4 weeks for the build, then it needs to be shipped and installed, so I'm hoping she's up and running strong before the end of June, when I have my biggest car show of the year, GM Nationals. I will be quite pissed if I can't bring my car.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:58 pm

Unit7 wrote:I have absolutely zero plans except that on Tuesdays Thursdays Fridays and Saturdays I will be inside stocking shelves.

The rest of the days I really can't say.

Sounds thrilling!

xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:All car stuff.

May is shot to hell. My transmission is going in my car, so I'm having a new one built that can handle not only my stock horsepower, but any future modifications I make to it. I still have all my gears, so hopefully I'll be able to limp it to and from work for the next month. So for all the car related shenanigans I have planned in May, I'll be riding in my boyfriend's car. My transmission will take about 3-4 weeks for the build, then it needs to be shipped and installed, so I'm hoping she's up and running strong before the end of June, when I have my biggest car show of the year, GM Nationals. I will be quite pissed if I can't bring my car.

That's no fun! Hopefully the new one can handle all the new things you decide to do with your car. I know you really love taking it out!
My car was supposed to be inspected in March but it won't be in Virginia probably until June so hopefully nothing is majorly wrong with it. Whoops haha
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon May 04, 2015 7:31 am

I finally got some solid plans for the summer(one of the reasons why I haven't been around here lately). I befriended a few people from this NGO and since they needed some help well long story short I am going on training courses in Greece and in Ireland all expenses paid and it will be awesome Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:22 pm

I have absolutely no plan this summer, sadly. Just work, basically, and preparing for school in August. (I have to retake calculus and it's been forever since I've done any advanced math...)
Also, in the process of writing a book and doing a ton of research, getting a tiny bit of experience as a graphic designer, but mostly just experimenting with photoshop. I'm basically in the process of training myself to be good in several areas that would allow me to be a full time self employed nomad. Once I have enough to invest in a really good camera, I plan to expand to photography and videography as well. I actually have a website where I talk a lot about this.

Of course, all that is mostly work and not so much pleasure. I was planning to go to Vegas next month for a week to visit with my girlfriend, but we ended up breaking up, partially because of distance, partially because our lives are going in drastically different directions. However, I might be getting a pretty hefty payout from a case, from the car accident I was involved in almost a year ago. I think the current offer is like $30k. If I happen to get that before summer is out, I might get some travel in. Hell, my whole next semester is online. I have until January to get the travel in, theoretically.
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:26 am

Hope you sue them well Mel! Hope you get a good payout! 30k sounds like awesome money for travelling
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:30 pm

Summer is actually going pretty well. I was able to get my new transmission here and installed on time for GM Nationals and won second place in my class.

Also got the kick in the ass I needed to get back to school. Of course it's a car that did it. I'm buying myself a beast of a present when I get a masters degree and get the job I want. I've never been so determined,so sick of being broke as fuck and living paycheck to paycheck. So my application gets submitted for my first choice school on July 31 when they start accepting for 2016.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:59 am

Glad to hear this! Hope you make that master degree your bitch and find an awesome job
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down