Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer is almost here!

5 posters

Go down

Summer is almost here! Empty Summer is almost here!

Post by joselin4life Mon May 05, 2014 6:27 pm

Does anyone have any plans for Summer yet? Or an idea of what they might do this Summer?
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Summer is almost here! Empty Re: Summer is almost here!

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Tue May 06, 2014 6:00 am

Car shows...cruise ins...more car shows. Thats pretty much my life from May until October.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Tue May 06, 2014 10:42 am

xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:Car shows...cruise ins...more car shows. Thats pretty much my life from May until October.

That's cool! I've been to one car show in my life and it was pretty fun. I enjoyed it!
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Tue May 06, 2014 1:13 pm

I decided to stay in Akron for the summer instead of going home. I'll be working still (part time) and taking two online summer classes. We're going on vacation in July. That's probably it, there isn't a whole lot to do here.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu May 08, 2014 11:15 pm

Let's. I am currently this training program . I am applying for this academy that teacher how to work and create your own NGO. I am applying for this educational program where if I win I will hopefully go to Japan. I doubt any of these will work really work but they will keep me busy during the summer

Also the usual two weeks at the each and then later in september to celebrate my parents 40 year anniversary the whole family is going on a cruise in North Sea
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Mon May 12, 2014 2:32 am

Well, next month, I'm moving back in with my mom because I can't really afford living on my own past this lease and I am so done with roommates. Well... I'd be fine if the roommates were either girls or gay men. Anyone but the slobs I have to deal with now.

Also going to San Fran later next month for the pride festival, which is gonna be fun! And I may be going to LA for a couple days in July, not sure yet.

And I have an interview with Banfield Pet Hospital on Wednesday for their Pet Care Assistant position that I'm currently freaking over because it's the first interview I've gotten for a job I legitimately want. If all goes well, I'll be making money.
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Mon May 12, 2014 11:26 am

joselin4life wrote:
xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:Car shows...cruise ins...more car shows. Thats pretty much my life from May until October.

That's cool! I've been to one car show in my life and it was pretty fun. I enjoyed it!

A bunch of us get together and go, we have a blast. Biggest one of the year is a little over a month away. I get to see most of my car friends all at the same time, I'm pretty excited. We get a hotel and spend the whole weekend breaking numerous traffic laws, go carting, going out to eat, and of course the show. Winning 3rd place in my class last year was just an added bonus to all the fun.

Rex wrote:Let's. I am currently this training program . I am applying for this academy that teacher how to work and create your own NGO. I am applying for this educational program where if I win I will hopefully go to Japan. I doubt any of these will work really work but they will keep me busy during the summer

Also the usual two weeks at the each and then later in september to celebrate my parents 40 year anniversary the whole family is going on  a cruise in North Sea

Sweet. I had relatives in Japan. A second cousin, he taught English over there. He and his family are in the process of moving back to the US. The pictures of gigantic Japanese bugs that he used to post on Facebook are pretty gnarly.

melissa052 wrote:Well, next month, I'm moving back in with my mom because I can't really afford living on my own past this lease and I am so done with roommates. Well... I'd be fine if the roommates were either girls or gay men. Anyone but the slobs I have to deal with now.

Also going to San Fran later next month for the pride festival, which is gonna be fun! And I may be going to LA for a couple days in July, not sure yet.

And I have an interview with Banfield Pet Hospital on Wednesday for their Pet Care Assistant position that I'm currently freaking over because it's the first interview I've gotten for a job I legitimately want. If all goes well, I'll be making money.

Good luck! I know the feeling with the job thing. Luckily the last job I went for that I really really wanted decided to hire me.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon May 12, 2014 2:25 pm

Cool. I hope they don't kill me. And I hope you have a great time with your car and that it doesn't get possessed by a malevolent entity and kill you
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Mon May 12, 2014 9:17 pm

xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:
melissa052 wrote:Well, next month, I'm moving back in with my mom because I can't really afford living on my own past this lease and I am so done with roommates. Well... I'd be fine if the roommates were either girls or gay men. Anyone but the slobs I have to deal with now.

Good luck! I know the feeling with the job thing. Luckily the last job I went for that I really really wanted decided to hire me.

Thanks! I actually got an email the other day, I'm pretty sure it snuck pass the spam filter to make it to my inbox... it tells me something extraordinary is gonna happen to me soon. I am hoping that's a positive sign! XD
Luckily, my prepping seems to be helping out. I even have a really good answer to the dreaded "tell me about yourself" which is something I always have trouble with. I am hoping that simply me actually wanting the job will make the interview easier.
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Tue May 13, 2014 11:07 am

melissa052 wrote:
Thanks! I actually got an email the other day, I'm pretty sure it snuck pass the spam filter to make it to my inbox... it tells me something extraordinary is gonna happen to me soon. I am hoping that's a positive sign! XD
Luckily, my prepping seems to be helping out. I even have a really good answer to the dreaded "tell me about yourself" which is something I always have trouble with. I am hoping that simply me actually wanting the job will make the interview easier.

The best advice I've ever been given about interviews was by a past coworker when I was preparing for the interview for my current job. Walk in like you've already gotten the job- Confidence is everything. Dude, the tell me about yourself part is the easiest! Nobody knows about yourself better than you, you should be an expert! :p I'm pretty sure "I'm awesome" came out of my mouth during my last three interviews that resulted in me getting hired; they thought I was being silly, but I was totally serious. I don't like the what are your strengths and weaknesses part. I don't like pointing out negative things about myself to someone that I want to hire me lol.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Tue May 13, 2014 12:24 pm

xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:
melissa052 wrote:

The best advice I've ever been given about interviews was by a past coworker when I was preparing for the interview for my current job. Walk in like you've already gotten the job- Confidence is everything. Dude, the tell me about yourself part is the easiest! Nobody knows about yourself better than you, you should be an expert! :p I'm pretty sure "I'm awesome" came out of my mouth during my last three interviews that resulted in me getting hired; they thought I was being silly, but I was totally serious. I don't like the what are your strengths and weaknesses part. I don't like pointing out negative things about myself to someone that I want to hire me lol.

It should be the easiest, but I tend to get stuck every time! Probably because every interview I've had before have been group interviews and I felt like I had to be better than the others. Also because I feel that question should apply to the company when used to sell yourself, but up till this interview, I've never really cared about the job I was applying for so I wasn't sure how I could form the answer into something that would "sell myself" when I didn't particularly care to be sold... if that makes any sense at all.
I actually have a similar issue with strengths. Not so much weaknesses, because I have a few big ones that I know won't really affect how I do any job I'm hired for, especially since I don't apply for jobs where said weaknesses are necessary. XD
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Thu May 15, 2014 6:40 am

melissa052 wrote:
xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:
melissa052 wrote:

It should be the easiest, but I tend to get stuck every time! Probably because every interview I've had before have been group interviews and I felt like I had to be better than the others. Also because I feel that question should apply to the company when used to sell yourself, but up till this interview, I've never really cared about the job I was applying for so I wasn't sure how I could form the answer into something that would "sell myself" when I didn't particularly care to be sold... if that makes any sense at all.
I actually have a similar issue with strengths. Not so much weaknesses, because I have a few big ones that I know won't really affect how I do any job I'm hired for, especially since I don't apply for jobs where said weaknesses are necessary. XD

I got asked that question during the interview for my current job at Ulta Beauty, omg it was so random. We were talking about makeup and she was like "oh yeah can you mention some of your strengths and weaknesses?". Strengths, was an easy answer.. but the weaknesses; that's one question that can make me sit and think. But I turned them into positives... Like one I said, was "I'm always early" and another was "I have too much patience" or something like that Laughing I had myself mainly prepared for makeup related questions, because what I do is a makeup job, so that threw me out of left field for a second or two hahaha. I can't stand job interviews, honestly. They really stress me out so much. I get so nervous, too!
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Thu May 15, 2014 6:55 am

I found out how I'm gonna spend 2 days of my Summer. I'm going camping at the end of June. It's a huge family thing. It's originally 5 days, but I wont have a babysitter available for that long, which I'm happy about haha. I don't really like the outside and I've never been camping, I've never had a burning desire to go lol. Does anyone here go camping and like it? Would you mind giving me some tips/advice?
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Thu May 15, 2014 5:18 pm

Haha! Yeah... apparently stengths and weaknesses are a common thing for interviews, but they didn't come up in my interview yesterday. Not sure if that's a bad sign or not. XD It was an okay interview, but I was so nervous and it definitely showed. I feel like I have a small chance, but I mailed in a thank you note to hopefully regain lost points for being a dork. XD

My main advice for camping is don't feed the bears. Also, if you end up being chased, you don't have to worry about being the fastest runner, you just have to be faster than the slowest runner. :p
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down