Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yay I am all caught up on Bleach

2 posters

Go down

Yay I am all caught up on Bleach Empty Yay I am all caught up on Bleach

Post by Unit7 Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:21 am

Though I have to rant. First off. Bleach really pisses me off sometimes. I mean whenever anyone does some super-awesome attack that the character believes will finish off his/her enemy they are suddenly somehow surprised that it DIDN'T work. I am waiting for one of these times when the writer pokes fun at this and have a character say 'I would have been more surprised if that actually worked!' or something. Not only that but the biggest Dues Ex Machina... ok so technically hes not... is almost no where to be found when they actually need him. In one of the Filler Arcs, because of Zaraki's inability to actually use his sword, he was absent for most of the arc. Mostly because it would reveal his Sword's identity and such. But they decided to have him off fighting elsewhere and convieniently get lost on the way.

But back to the main storyline(which reminds me. So help me God if they decide to stick another fucking filler arc starting with 285.) just when there is bunch of enemies he would love to fight. He is no where to be found.

But in general it gets annoying that just as soon as any of the good guys get some sort of advantage. The enemy is all like 'Oh wait I forgot to do this...' *POOF!* 'Ha! Now I am OVER 9000!!'

Then of course the Good guys often are like 'Oh yeah? Well I still have this!' *POOF!* 'Now I am OVER 9000!!!' and so on and so on. Though of course if for some reason the Good Guys do finally get beaten all to hell there is a convieniently arrival of people like Zaraki who takes over the fight and shows the baddies just how bad they really are.

That and they talk to much. I mean just shut up already and get to the fighting.

Then for some reason the creators just LOVE and I mean LOVE to put in some of the most annoying side characters ever. Whose humor and bickering with other characters in away thats supposed to be funny lost its humor 40 episodes ago!

Then there is freaking Orihime(dontcarehowyouspellit) who keeps saying Kurasaki every 5 seconds. Yeah we got it. You love him and are worried. We get it. Also I find it incredibly odd that they see one of the characters unique abilities and are like 'Holy crap is that you fred!?!?!' well actually they just say 'FRED?!?!?" I mean how many other characters do you know that actually have blueish arrows of death and can spam the hell out of the enemies with them?

I did eventually skip over the last few episodes in the recent filler arc because I read someones youtube comment. They pointed out that 'Its a filler within a filler within a filler...' Well not the last filler part I think he/she was exaggerating that or I got the quote wrong. But yeah. The last several episodes of the stupid filler arc, which was actually really a neat concept, were just fillers taht extended beyond the fillers story arc. But yeah. It was just 'Get done with it already!'

Basicly I think I may have just summed up every reason as to why people don't like Bleach. I can see fully why. Some of the humor is just there to fill time. I mean I get it. The anime and manga at times get to close to each other. Its to the point where a 23 minute episode can be cut to almost... like 10-15 minutes if you were to cut out the ending credits, the previews, the small skit at the end, opening credits and the bloody recaps that last several minutes towards the begining of each episode. I mean they mostly just take some of the stuff that happened towards the end of the episode and shorten it a bit and reair it. But come on!

But I got to admit. I still love the main storyline and characters. I definitely enjoy Ichigo's character.

I also like how from the first episode, and skipping over all filler episodes, it seems to have gone directly towards the main storyline. Half the time you don't see it but when you look back alot of its connected to what hte Big Bad is doing. Which is really sort of cool.

Hmm..

But I am all caught up... now what?

Hell the question is.

What show should I catch up on next? So many of them I have neglected. Especially Burn Notice. I mean alot of the shows I watch are almost always stand alone type. You can enjoy them in any order with it being easy to catch up if something major happened. But... while I suppose most of Burn Notice is like that. It was one of those shows I didn't like forgetting about.

Hmm...

but of course then there is a bunch of other crap I still need to watch/read/reread/rewatch/do.

My God I hate being mortal. Fuck it. I mean seriously when the hell am I ever going to find the time?

Its a good thing that 99% of people don't seem to read these because... then everyone would be able to point out how amusing that last statement was. tongue
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Yay I am all caught up on Bleach Empty Re: Yay I am all caught up on Bleach

Post by Rex Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:17 am

I've been meaning to check out this Bleach but never go around to it. However if you are looking for something new I STRONGLY suggest you check out One Piece. And yes I know checking out a show that has nearly 500 episodes is a lot of tiem investment. That's why i suggest you first check out the manga. You can go through a chapter there in about a minute or two . Here you go http://www.mangareader.net/103/one-piece.html (if you haven't read manga it's read from left to right)

The great thing about this show is that it's really well written. It creates a great world an the author has everything planned. He doesn't make it up on the spot as so many people. Things are are just hinted at one chapter can appear a 100 episodes later. And the great thing is that it's not a Dragon Ball Z format. Due to the unique power play in this world you can never know just who will triumph. People who are monstrously strong but can be beaten by a mere child who has the right power for the occasion. Just like this child also can be beaten by someone just throwing a rock at him or something similar. For example one of the most powerful swordsmen in the series who could cut through whole buildings and ships like butter was nearly killed by a guy who had the ability to rust everything he touched. And the rust guy was taken out by one of the weakest characters as whole simply by using a slingshot.

That's one of the things I love about this. You never really know how people will measure up to each other. The other is the great teamwork of the crew. They all compliment each others strength and weaknesses

Another thing you might like is that apart from a few occasions most characters go all out from the beginning. of course there are a few super saiyan moments but as whole usually there is no power leveling during the fight. And there isn't that much talking either. Usually it's something along the line off " I'll beat the crap out of you" and then they proceed to well do it.

And while sadly there are fillers and lots of them YOUR advantage is that since you are a couple of hundred episodes/chapters behind you can easily skip them

Just watched the Burn Notice finale yesterday cool stuff.

Yay. Weirdly enough sometimes it can hard to find enough time. That's why I recommend the manga to you. You really only need 1-2 minutes per chapter
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:19 am

Man we really write long posts don't we Yay I am all caught up on Bleach Icon_geek
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:45 am

Rex wrote:Man we really write long posts don't we Yay I am all caught up on Bleach Icon_geek

Yeah we do tend to write long posts. Oh well.

Yeah One Piece has definitely been on my list. When I ever get around to it I will probably just skip the fillers and maybe go back to them at a different time.

Hmm I would recommend Bleach because overall it is a pretty great series. One of the best things about it that I like is how they treat their villians. Well most of them. By the time they do die you see them in a completely different light and some of the stories are really sort of sad. So on the bright side, many of the villians end up getting a fairly decent amount of story to them.

That and it has some pretty great fights. That and if you love characters going up against insane odds then... well that pretty much defines Bleach it seems. But you also have to learn to tolerate some of the more annoying crap that goes on. But... oh well. *shrugs*

So was the Finale good?

Hmm on that note, was this season good? I think I left off just as they were about to interrogate that assassin chick.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:07 am

Ok will come back for obligatory long post later on but Project Watch Bleach has started. So far: good!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:01 am

Rex wrote:Ok will come back for obligatory long post later on but Project Watch Bleach has started. So far: good!

Glad to hear you are enjoying it... or atleast you were when you were writing this. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:10 pm

Ok so thanks to the mind numbingly awful weather i've seriously Bleaching the last days and I actually manged to finish the Soul Society Art. So here are my impressions from Bleach. I am afraid that I can't help but write my review as a comparison to One Piece since OP just entered a four weeks break and what from what I understand is it's official middle so I can't help but talk about it whenever I think of anime

My first impression! Wow that's almost exactly the same arc the 5th saga of One Piece. I mean almost exactly. There the government also had captured one of their friends and was about to execute her and they stormed the place. So this was really cool and brought back good memories

Ok now that I have this of my chest next. The plot and characters

I get it. It's the normal teens finding themselves full of super powers and thrust into an adventure but it's kinda off putting to me that well they don't seem to have any real goals. It's like yeah i'll protect from Hollows....and stuff. What I love about One Piece is the sheer intensity of the characters dreams. Most of them have had one goal and have worked for it like madmen their entire lives. Ever since they were children. Studied, trained,worked hard in one case had many many people killed to achieve their dreams. And it's fascinating to see how this is developing and how one crew with so many different dreams still works together.

Speaking of the crews. I gotta say Bleach kinda overwhelmed with the sheer number of characters and they seem to want to make a background story for every single one of them. kinda too much(although some of the captains are awesome so it is kinda worth it ). I know the core group is supposed to be Ichigo, Rukia, Arrow dude, Chad and Big Boobs but they really don't seem to have the chemistry for a real team. There was some glimpses and real potential between Ichigo and Rukia but they never really seem to have done something with it. At least that's how it looked like to me. It's almost like they are afraid to give some deeper connection. Call me crazy but I actually think the best connection was between Rukia and her crazy scary brother even though he was aiming to have her executed
On one piece on the other hand one of the most beautiful things is to see the crew becoming a family. They are rarely any super great declaration of friendship and so on(although they are a few pretty great ones) but you can feel how much they love each other and that they are a family. I actually shed a few tears when the first of them died giving her life for the crew. It was a real touching moment with real emotion

Now onto fights. As far as visuals are concerned I have to give this one to Bleach. Very well done . However the fights themselves are kinda pissing me off. The chaarcters are constatnly getting shredded and magically healed two hours later and back to full strength. And the enemies never die. I personally don't really have that much of a problem with them not dying but the fact that they usually return to the action after a few episodes is kinda vexing. After a hundred or so yeah I can dig it up. But a defeat should mean something even if it doesn't cost you your life. The other thing is the power ups. Yeah I great. Ichigo is Gohan. he has great natural potential and so on but come freaking on. Way too many power ups. He is at a super freaking captain level at the first arc? And this after he started out as a simple teenagers? Meh

While the visuals are not as impressive on One Piece I prefer the fighting style more. While they are power ups they are not so drastic. Usually the conflict is set with the heroes being downgraded first like still nursing injuries from last fight, being caught by a surprise, having no other choice and the moment and so on. Both the power ups and the gradual rise in strength of the crew seem natural. And one other great thing is showing just how low they are on the power structure. They are big fish in a small pond so to say. The very few times they get a brush with the top(the One Piece version of Captains which in this case is admirals) they are beaten so badly it hurts just looking at it.

Ok I will probably write more tomorrow but it's getting late and I felt like posting my mini rant before I get to bed
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Yeah I know what you mean. Especially when Ichigo's power ups. Though on the brightside they are about to face up against opponents that blow Ichigo out of the water and later on make even most of the Captains look rather weak in comparison. Well unless you decide to watch the Bount Arc(think thats what its called) then... actually for the most part thats true also.

But for the most part the enemies will be almost always stronger then Ichigo.

Though I have to agree about the rest of Ichigo's friends. But mostly because they seem rather useless. Orihime is there just as a healer, Arrow Dude(now I can't remember his name) is... actually I just dont like him. Chad I like but... again its not until much later it seems that he can help in any way.

official middle

Jesus how long is that series going to end up being? o.O
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:07 am

Bleach is getting better and better but I really can't stand Orihime. They should have kept her simply as a fan service tool
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:36 pm

Yeah Orihime gets really really annoying. I hate her.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:07 am

Yay I got caught up on Bleach as well! Woho. Finally watched them. Ok so I skipped a lot of fillers and fast forwarded through some boring parts but apart from this I have watched everything. I was going to post a great big post about it....but I kinda got lazy. So I'll just share my impression on the latest episode. Warning spoiler for today's episode 288

Spoiler:
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:21 pm

Yeah I don't blame you. Some of the fillers have interesting concepts, I liked the one where it showed them having to fight their own Zanpaktou's because they decided to rebel. Provided some humor and insight, but sorta dragged after awhile.

Yeah Urohana is definitely one of those characters I would like to learn more about.

Also Kenpachi is always fun. I love how all he cares about is fighting the biggest and strongest. That and Yachiru is alot of fun and it seems like such an odd combination for friends. A big bulking dude who scares the crap out of everyone, and this little girl with pink hair. Well physcially a little girl anyways.

No I haven't seen the last few episodes of bleach. I like to let them run for awhile and catch up. But... I am looking forward to how she heals her. lol
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:40 am

I really liked the one where they showed the history of the characters. Lol both Byakuya and Toshiro had some good childhoods Wink

I agree. That's actually the one the things that really bugs me about Bleach. The kids and stuffed toys. God I can't stand them. Especially that Espada kid. So utterly usless. Honestly I feel like the producers has soem Michael Jackson like problems. The sheer amount of kids and stuffed toys is disturbing.

However Yurichi is an exception. She seems to fit perfectly

Lol let me give you a hint

Spoiler: