Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The pretty Little Liars

+11
vickileigh1013
scifidawn
Rex
xChorusOfAngelsx
GeminiBaby
RazzlemeDazzlemeLoveme
Unit7
Hannah_Banana222
secret_life8
joselin4life
pinkcupcake
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The pretty Little Liars Empty Looks like my assumptions were true... Pretty Little Liars was AMAZING

Post by pinkcupcake Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:05 pm

I cannot wait to see how this entire series unfolds. I can't even explain why its so good, but I'll tell you for dang sure that its so much better than Secret Life.

If any of you didn't watch it you really should! It was amazingly amazing! (:

~Pink
pinkcupcake
pinkcupcake
Southern Girl
Southern Girl

https://www.youtube.com/user/vampdamonlove#p/a/f/1/Ok23-RtWe9s

Back to top Go down

The pretty Little Liars Empty Re: The pretty Little Liars

Post by joselin4life Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:06 pm

It was great! It's my new favorite show.
It is 100 times better than SL!
My favorite character so far is Hanna for some reason..
It has an amazing plot to it, and I can't wait to watch more Very Happy

Last edited by joselin4life on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:08 pm

it was really good. i can tell that it was done by the director if vampire diaries just by the way it was filmed. i am really looking forward to this show. i'm a little shocked they gave away that much info in the first episode though. and there were differences between the book and show, but oh well.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah_Banana222 Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:11 pm

joselin4life wrote:It was great! It's my new favorite show.
It has an amazing plaot to it, and I can't wait to watch more Very Happy
I can tell you why that is. xD
Hannah_Banana222
Hannah_Banana222
Surprise Me
Surprise Me

http://hannahlynneschuster.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Of course there were differences between the book and the show. I don't know them because I never read the books. But same goes for Vampire Diaries, alot was apparently changed.

But I did see the pilot and it was really interesting and looking forward to the rest of the season. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:13 pm

Hannah_Banana222 wrote:
It has an amazing plaot to it, and I can't wait to watch more Very Happy
I can tell you why that is. xD

Lol! You found it out Razz
Jk!
But I like her personality, she seems like.. I don't know. And I like Aria!
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by RazzlemeDazzlemeLoveme Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:44 pm

Totally agree! It was amazing!
I was shocked about all of the drama and everything that happened in just the pilot!
I can't wait to see how it unfolds! I love it so far, 100000000x better than SL.
RazzlemeDazzlemeLoveme
RazzlemeDazzlemeLoveme
Clutzy Chick
Clutzy Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by GeminiBaby Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:49 pm

I watched it and I like it. Can't wait to see the next episode.
GeminiBaby
GeminiBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:08 pm

I forgot it was going to be on. Looked good though, so I'll have to catch it online.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:07 pm

My Review: Spoilers.

While the acting so far wasn't exactly the best and the pilot wasn't spectacularly amazing(keep in mind this is my opinion) I did enjoy it.

The begining scene was good and definitely caught my interest from the start. I am a lover of small stuff, and I enjoyed Emily's comment about Beyonce's new video, and how Alison said something along the lines of 'a little to much maybe?' Its these small things and how they forshadow something further in general I love.

When I first learned that one of the characters was a lesbian, I was almost disappointed because I wasn't exactly sure if it would make it in. Maybe its because of the way abc family in general has treated such characters. Secret Life has quite a few of them... but they were handled very very poorly and seemed to be just stereotypes. However the scene with Emily and that New Girl(forget her name) while in the bedroom was good. I loved Emily's hesitance and thought this was some good acting. Their kiss later, was also a good scene. I think they would make for an interesting couple and can't wait to see how this plays out. No not because I am a guy either.
Aria. I really like her character so far. Though not sure if I like that she is willing to just make out with someone much older then herself a great thing. Though the makeout in the bathroom was done really well and the whole taboo of it was really interesting. Also the reaction from Mr Fitz when he saw Aria in his classroom: Priceless. But later when Aria meets him in his classroom alone was... weird. Mostly because they had only known eachother and the whole 'You think it felt right' or something, basically she has created this connection between them that... didn't seem quite justifiable quite yet, yet she is sorta throwing herself at him. That was... a bit weird. Another weird scene was the whole kiss thing in that staircase. It felt a bit weird and again... there was nothing, and I mean nothing, to even warrant that quite yet. Now if they had shown more of how they interact with each other and allowed the connection to grow, then such a scene would be far more powerful. As it stands right now... its just a bit awkward.

At that point they seemed to have tried to cram too much into it and failed to properly go through with this stuff. They should have left it as that make out in that restaurant bathroom and him finding out that she is a student. The other two scenes should have been moved to a different episode. They failed to properly pull this student teacher thing off. Though I am looking forward to how this plays out.

Also I am sort of disappointed with how they did the whole Alison thing. I have managed to read the first page of the book and it describes Alison. She was the keeper of all their secrets, the person you went to if you needed to talk about something privately and such. However aside from 2 or 3 flashbacks… nothing was really explained about her. In the book you quickly learned that she was the keeper of their secrets. Its why she has all this dirt on them. In the show, this isn’t really put across. I think they should have done a better job with Alison. Something about this just felt so off.

One thing that sorta bugged me about A is how quickly she finds stuff out and has the most amazing timing ever. Yeah I get that’s for the whole dramatic part of the series but… I don’t know it’s sort of a stretch for her to have access to that sort of information so soon.(talking about the kiss between Emily and whatsherface, and Spencer crushing on her sisters fiance/boyfriend. Sort of stretches the realism of it all.
It did have a nice soundtrack and the acting on some parts were good. It also offers a lot of mysteries and such at the start.

Oh there was one thing I need to comment on and its perhaps the most cliché thing in a murder mystery. The detective comes up to them and says that he WILL find the killer. It then shows them standing there and you have to wonder… who did it? The whole confrontation, as brief as it was, was just so weird to watch. Something about it felt off. Not to mention it really is one of those giant clichés in a murder mystery where one of the main characters did it.

Not the best pilot in the world, but certainly not the worst either. I am looking forward to the rest of the series and I hope that in the future it does things properly. Otherwise, just like that scene between Aria and Mr Fitz on the staircase platform, it will be emotionless and have a lacking of power. Had they done the whole thing different and then added such a scene then it would be great. But we have seen like 2 minutes of them together with no real emotion or connection between them.
Agree or not. Don’t care. Smile
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:33 am

This was an interesting show. So far the actors,the plot everything seems in top shape. I gotta say I am surprised.

And the characters actually look interesting and likable. Well except the shoplifer. She looks a bit like an idiot but hen again with an insane mother like this it's no surprise. Seriously doing a cop just to spare your daughter what. Community service? A little fine

The lesbian seems really cool. Although she seems to have a wacky mother as well(seriously she gets so worked up over a pink streak?) it looks like there might be quite a few interesting things in her storyline

The naughty little sister gives me the impression that she has that inner bitch just waiting to get out and wreak havoc. And she looks extremely well in a bikini Smile

As for jailbait she seems the most interesting one. It would be quite intriguing to see what trouble she will get int. Poor teacher. I get that she is a hard 10 but to risk flushing your entire career down the toilet for some underage tail.......poor guy

I like jailbaits mother. It's been a while since I saw the Charmed girls Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by scifidawn Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:55 am

I like mysteries. That is why I loved Kyle XY; it combined two favorite things, soft sci-fi and a splendid mystery.

But, I still do not trust ABCF not to just yank the show in the middle. I cannot believe I am giving this station another chance. Hopefully this show will not slut up like SL did.
scifidawn
scifidawn
Prayer Warrior
Prayer Warrior

http://www.nrlc.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by vickileigh1013 Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:32 am

I thought the episode last night was really good! I've never read any of the books, and now it makes me kinda want to read them. I loved how each girl got a text/e-mail/note from A, and at the very end getting a text saying "I'm still here Bitches, and I know everything." I really want to know stuff about Julie. The characters secrets were all very good too. I think my favorite character right now is Spencer. Wink
vickileigh1013
vickileigh1013

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:48 am

RazzlemeDazzlemeLoveme wrote:Totally agree! It was amazing!
I was shocked about all of the drama and everything that happened in just the pilot!
I can't wait to see how it unfolds! I love it so far, 100000000x better than SL.

yeah so was I!! I can't wait for the next episode!
It is!
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:22 pm

scifidawn wrote:I like mysteries. That is why I loved Kyle XY; it combined two favorite things, soft sci-fi and a splendid mystery.

But, I still do not trust ABCF not to just yank the show in the middle. I cannot believe I am giving this station another chance. Hopefully this show will not slut up like SL did.

Well so far I definitely think there might be a few 'slutty' moments. However on the bright side, you don't really have to worry about it being yanked off the air. Because really, how often do the TV adaption of books are better then the books themselves?

If they were to yank it, you could always start reading the books. Wont be exactly the same, but probably be better anyways. Razz

The lesbian seems really cool. Although she seems to have a wacky mother as well(seriously she gets so worked up over a pink streak?) it looks like there might be quite a few interesting things in her storyline

From my reading up on the books and stuff, her parents are supposed to be ultraconservative type. So yeah... getting worked up over a few pink streaks would probably fall under this.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:32 pm

so right now i am freaking out because i just finished reading Wanted, the last book in the series. has anyone else read it? let me tell you that this show is going to get interesting!
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:38 pm

You know you guys can make a thread for the books. That might make it easier for the book fans to discuss it in depth Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamgirl18 Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:38 pm

I just watched it online and I really liked it. I pretty much liked all the characters, though I wasn't crazy about Hanna. Spencer was my favorite. I'm not sure I'll ever stop to watch it when it originally airs, like I did with Kyle XY (I was too scared to leave during commercials because I didn't want to miss a thing Razz), but I'll definitely be keeping up online.

Edit: Also, I liked that they have a lesbian character. I think it adds something special to the show. I'm still not convinced that ABC Family can pull it off though.

I have my doubts about this show, but only because of the history of ABC Family. I'm a little wary of this show turning into another Secret Life.
dreamgirl18
dreamgirl18
Animal Lover
Animal Lover

Back to top Go down

The pretty Little Liars Empty The pretty Little Liars

Post by kylexylover122 Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:17 pm

Pretty Little Liars is a series of young adult novels by Sara Shepard. The series follows the lives of four girls — Spencer, Hanna, Aria, and Emily — whose clique falls apart after the disappearance of their leader, Alison. One year later, they begin receiving text messages from someone using the name "A" who threatens to expose their secrets — including long-hidden ones they thought only Alison knew

Who else likes this show?
kylexylover122
kylexylover122

Back to top Go down

Post by kylexylover122 Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:12 pm

pinkcupcake wrote:I cannot wait to see how this entire series unfolds. I can't even explain why its so good, but I'll tell you for dang sure that its so much better than Secret Life.

If any of you didn't watch it you really should! It was amazingly amazing! (:

~Pink

Me to! And I think it was amazing to!
kylexylover122
kylexylover122

Back to top Go down

Post by kylexylover122 Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:15 pm

dreamgirl18 wrote:I just watched it online and I really liked it. I pretty much liked all the characters, though I wasn't crazy about Hanna. Spencer was my favorite. I'm not sure I'll ever stop to watch it when it originally airs, like I did with Kyle XY (I was too scared to leave during commercials because I didn't want to miss a thing Razz), but I'll definitely be keeping up online.

Edit: Also, I liked that they have a lesbian character. I think it adds something special to the show. I'm still not convinced that ABC Family can pull it off though.

I have my doubts about this show, but only because of the history of ABC Family. I'm a little wary of this show turning into another Secret Life.

I know right! I'm scared to miss parts of it to! Lol! I do to, I was so confused when they both said they have boyfriends and they kissed. I don't think Abcfamily can pull anything off except obsessing over sex crap. Yea, I know you always have to consider the past work of the network when watching a new show. I don't want this show to turn into Secret Life also, I think its good the way it is!
kylexylover122
kylexylover122

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:17 pm

kylexylover122 wrote:
dreamgirl18 wrote:I just watched it online and I really liked it. I pretty much liked all the characters, though I wasn't crazy about Hanna. Spencer was my favorite. I'm not sure I'll ever stop to watch it when it originally airs, like I did with Kyle XY (I was too scared to leave during commercials because I didn't want to miss a thing Razz), but I'll definitely be keeping up online.

I know right! I'm scared to miss parts of it to! Lol! I do to, I was so confused when they both said they have boyfriends and they kissed. I don't think Abcfamily can pull anything off except obsessing over sex crap. Yea, I know you always have to consider the past work of the network when watching a new show. I don't want this show to turn into Secret Life also, I think its good the way it is!

Emily's boyfriend is probably there just for a cover to make herself look more 'normal' in the eyes of her parents and such.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by kylexylover122 Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:18 pm

Rex wrote:You know you guys can make a thread for the books. That might make it easier for the book fans to discuss it in depth Smile

Oh, sory. I made a thread for the show only because I watch it. If I read the books, I would have made one for them (also I didn't know there were books, lol!)
kylexylover122
kylexylover122

Back to top Go down

Post by kylexylover122 Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:22 pm

secret_life8 wrote:so right now i am freaking out because i just finished reading Wanted, the last book in the series. has anyone else read it? let me tell you that this show is going to get interesting!

I haven't read it yet. But when the season finale comes I will (that way I won't spoil it for myself) and by the way my "step sister" is next to me and she says hi.
kylexylover122
kylexylover122

Back to top Go down

Post by kylexylover122 Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:38 pm

It has an amazing plot to it, and I can't wait to watch more Very Happy

I think its great to, but my favorite show that is on air is The Vampire Diaries. I don't know which character is my favorite yet because I barely know which character is which. And I also think it has an amazing plot and I can't wait to watch more to!
kylexylover122
kylexylover122

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next