Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The pretty Little Liars

+11
vickileigh1013
scifidawn
Rex
xChorusOfAngelsx
GeminiBaby
RazzlemeDazzlemeLoveme
Unit7
Hannah_Banana222
secret_life8
joselin4life
pinkcupcake
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The pretty Little Liars - Page 2 Empty Re: The pretty Little Liars

Post by kylexylover122 Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:40 pm

secret_life8 wrote:it was really good. i can tell that it was done by the director if vampire diaries just by the way it was filmed. i am really looking forward to this show. i'm a little shocked they gave away that much info in the first episode though. and there were differences between the book and show, but oh well.

I think it was really good to. And now that you mention I think that it was done by the director of Vampire Diaries by the way it is. I am really looking forward to this show to. And yea, they did give away alot in the first episode!
kylexylover122
kylexylover122

Back to top Go down

Post by kylexylover122 Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:42 pm

RazzlemeDazzlemeLoveme wrote:Totally agree! It was amazing!
I was shocked about all of the drama and everything that happened in just the pilot!
I can't wait to see how it unfolds! I love it so far, 100000000x better than SL.

Yea, I think it was amazing to! And yea there was alot of drama and stuff in the pilot! It kind of reminded me of The Vampire Diaries. And I love it to so far.
kylexylover122
kylexylover122

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:13 am

I am starting to get a little bored with this but still it's not bad. However I think they revealed what happened to the blind girl too fast. They should have given slower tips

Also I just don't see this working with the pretty girl and the teacher. They don't really have the chemistry for that. With the intense sister and the blonde one it might have worked but I just don't see the pretty one as one of those impulsively falling in love, like the thrill of a secret relationship and so on. I think that instead of a teacher storyline they should have just removed the new girl and made the lesbian relationship between the pretty one and the lesbian. This would have been more interesting and I think they would actually fit better

Speaking of lesbians I didn't expect them to introduce another gay character. And being the son of the preacher of all things. This looks like it might fit well into the storyline. I can see him being outed and the negative reaction of people influencing the lesbian
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by kylexylover122 Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:00 pm

Rex wrote:This was an interesting show. So far the actors,the plot everything seems in top shape. I gotta say I am surprised.

And the characters actually look interesting and likable. Well except the shoplifer. She looks a bit like an idiot but hen again with an insane mother like this it's no surprise. Seriously doing a cop just to spare your daughter what. Community service? A little fine

The lesbian seems really cool. Although she seems to have a wacky mother as well(seriously she gets so worked up over a pink streak?) it looks like there might be quite a few interesting things in her storyline

The naughty little sister gives me the impression that she has that inner bitch just waiting to get out and wreak havoc. And she looks extremely well in a bikini Smile

As for jailbait she seems the most interesting one. It would be quite intriguing to see what trouble she will get int. Poor teacher. I get that she is a hard 10 but to risk flushing your entire career down the toilet for some underage tail.......poor guy

I like jailbaits mother. It's been a while since I saw the Charmed girls Smile

How is Aria Jailbait? And I know right! I was so happy when I saw Holly! I love her, she's amazing!Smile
kylexylover122
kylexylover122

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:13 pm

Rex wrote:I am starting to get a little bored with this but still it's not bad. However I think they revealed what happened to the blind girl too fast. They should have given slower tips

Agreed. Everything seems to be moving at a horribly fast pace. Everything is happening way to quickly it seems.

Also I just don't see this working with the pretty girl and the teacher. They don't really have the chemistry for that. With the intense sister and the blonde one it might have worked but I just don't see the pretty one as one of those impulsively falling in love, like the thrill of a secret relationship and so on. I think that instead of a teacher storyline they should have just removed the new girl and made the lesbian relationship between the pretty one and the lesbian. This would have been more interesting and I think they would actually fit better

Yeah well it was in the books. But my problem is that relationship was happening way way to fast. Do these people not realize how to slow things down? Every scene they are together seems out of place. They should have stretched the whole thing and maybe do something a bit more... uh subtle. Build up seems to be key to such things, which they just lack horribly so.

Speaking of lesbians I didn't expect them to introduce another gay character. And being the son of the preacher of all things. This looks like it might fit well into the storyline. I can see him being outed and the negative reaction of people influencing the lesbian

Hopefully they do this right.

So far everything about the series seems so... hrmm to fast paced with lack of any build up on anything(Well the relationship between Emily and whatsherface has this) Everything else just feels really off.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

http://secretlifexy.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by -aNNabeLLe- Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:21 pm

omg i totally get what you mean. its cheesy of course, but thats all you get when youre talking abcfam. but i love it, and my friend and i were watching it and getting so into it.
-aNNabeLLe-
-aNNabeLLe-

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:46 pm

kylexylover122 wrote:

How is Aria Jailbait? And I know right! I was so happy when I saw Holly! I love her, she's amazing!Smile
She is practically the definition of jailbait. And yeah she is cool although personally I prefer me soem Alyssa Milano.

Agreed. Everything seems to be moving at a horribly fast pace. Everything is happening way to quickly it seems.
Well not everything. The lesbian sub storyline seems to move at a nice pace. The little sister storyline also moved well although I wonder what will happen now that the doctor is gone. I thought they would have delved deeper in this but it looks like they might be concentrating more on the relationship with her family

Yeah well it was in the books. But my problem is that relationship was happening way way to fast. Do these people not realize how to slow things down? Every scene they are together seems out of place. They should have stretched the whole thing and maybe do something a bit more... uh subtle. Build up seems to be key to such things, which they just lack horribly so.
Oh fast relationship thing can work if done by the right people but both of these actors don't seem to channel it. They have this sweet slightly awkward thing which just doesn't work for this type of relationship
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkcupcake Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:18 am

Surprisingly I actually find myself liking the secret love thing between Mr. Fitz and Aria. But I feel like the writers, just to slow down things, could have prolonged the sort of distance between them before making them either make out in the car or hookup, who knows what they did but yeah.

With Emily being lesbian, at first I thought it was a little bit strange but honestly I'm kind of glad that the show has diversity like that. Not to say that I particularly enjoy the scenes between Emily and Mia but I'm glad they are taking it slowly by making Emily be stuck in self denial that she could really be lesbian.

For some reason I just love Hanna's character. The actress portrays the character really well, and the Hanna just interests me. I also love Spencer's character. If her sister was a tad less bitchy then I would feel bad for her, but I feel like she had it coming by acting so uptight and everything. For some reason I felt like what Spencer did by kissing him wasn't all that bad.

Jenna scares the crap outta me. She's so creepy. The way that she talks and everything... she's just a creepy character. Also I have to agree that they should have showed how the accident happened a bit more slowly and not so quickly in the season.

Honestly I have a hard time criticizing the show, especially when I think about how absolutely awful Secret Life was. I think this show is addicting and I love how the mystery factor is a big one within the show. I just love it, and I can't wait to see more next week (:
pinkcupcake
pinkcupcake
Southern Girl
Southern Girl

https://www.youtube.com/user/vampdamonlove#p/a/f/1/Ok23-RtWe9s

Back to top Go down

Post by kylexylover122 Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:26 am

pinkcupcake wrote:Surprisingly I actually find myself liking the secret love thing between Mr. Fitz and Aria. But I feel like the writers, just to slow down things, could have prolonged the sort of distance between them before making them either make out in the car or hookup, who knows what they did but yeah.

With Emily being lesbian, at first I thought it was a little bit strange but honestly I'm kind of glad that the show has diversity like that. Not to say that I particularly enjoy the scenes between Emily and Mia but I'm glad they are taking it slowly by making Emily be stuck in self denial that she could really be lesbian.

For some reason I just love Hanna's character. The actress portrays the character really well, and the Hanna just interests me. I also love Spencer's character. If her sister was a tad less bitchy then I would feel bad for her, but I feel like she had it coming by acting so uptight and everything. For some reason I felt like what Spencer did by kissing him wasn't all that bad.

Jenna scares the crap outta me. She's so creepy. The way that she talks and everything... she's just a creepy character. Also I have to agree that they should have showed how the accident happened a bit more slowly and not so quickly in the season.

Honestly I have a hard time criticizing the show, especially when I think about how absolutely awful Secret Life was. I think this show is addicting and I love how the mystery factor is a big one within the show. I just love it, and I can't wait to see more next week (:

I think that Emily is Bi, not just lesbian. And Jenna scares me to, she seems creepy and my friends and I have a feeling that shes not really blind. Just by the way she acts she seems like shes not really blind...

And So far, I love this show. I think its great and I love mysteries.Smile
kylexylover122
kylexylover122

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:43 am

kylexylover122 wrote:
pinkcupcake wrote:Surprisingly I actually find myself liking the secret love thing between Mr. Fitz and Aria. But I feel like the writers, just to slow down things, could have prolonged the sort of distance between them before making them either make out in the car or hookup, who knows what they did but yeah.

I think that Emily is Bi, not just lesbian. And Jenna scares me to, she seems creepy and my friends and I have a feeling that shes not really blind. Just by the way she acts she seems like shes not really blind...

yeah. I am having that feeling that Jenna isn't blind too!
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkcupcake Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:49 am

I have the same feeling! Hmmm..
pinkcupcake
pinkcupcake
Southern Girl
Southern Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:01 am

pinkcupcake wrote:I have the same feeling! Hmmm..

I thought I was the only one. But she doesn't "act" like she is blind. But I guess we have to wait and see!
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:35 pm

kylexylover122 wrote:

Why do you think she is Bi? Please don't bother bringing up her 'boyfriend' because thats not exactly an uncommon move for people in her situation. She is supposed to have parents that are ultraconservative, and her sexuality wouldn't exactly fly so well with them.(hell Aria's purple or pink or whatever stripes were enough to really bother Emily's Mother)

That and in the books she is a lesbian.

If she were made to be Bi, and I think that anyone who thinks this, is going purely for the whole shipping thing.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkcupcake Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:45 pm

I agree with Unit. I think she's fully lesbian, and using her so called "boyfriend" as a cover to make her parents think she's straight. It makes total sense. Her mother does not seem at all like the type who would be completely accepting at the news of her daughter being lesbian.
pinkcupcake
pinkcupcake
Southern Girl
Southern Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by kylexylover122 Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:05 pm

pinkcupcake wrote:I agree with Unit. I think she's fully lesbian, and using her so called "boyfriend" as a cover to make her parents think she's straight. It makes total sense. Her mother does not seem at all like the type who would be completely accepting at the news of her daughter being lesbian.

True... But I still think she's Bi and not just Lesbian.
kylexylover122
kylexylover122

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:06 pm

kylexylover122 wrote:
pinkcupcake wrote:I agree with Unit. I think she's fully lesbian, and using her so called "boyfriend" as a cover to make her parents think she's straight. It makes total sense. Her mother does not seem at all like the type who would be completely accepting at the news of her daughter being lesbian.

Why though? There is nothing to suggest this at all.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by kylexylover122 Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:08 pm

Unit7 wrote:
kylexylover122 wrote:

Why though? There is nothing to suggest this at all.

I don't know. I just have a feeling.
kylexylover122
kylexylover122

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamgirl18 Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:24 am

So, I just watched the new episode online.

The thing with Aria and the teacher is just awful. I'm getting no passion from them! It's like they're making a conscious decision to like each other. Nothing about that relationship suggests someone risking jailtime for it.

May I just say that the KIN plugging made me want to throw the computer across the room. Great subtlety (sp?) ABC Family.

As far as Jenna being blind or not, I think she is and am going to chalk it up to bad acting. The concept of pretending to be blind doesn't make much sense. Until I see some motive, I think she's legit.

For the lesbian/bi debate: Emily is a full-blown lesbian. I have to agree with others who say the boyfriend was a cover.

The cop. *sigh* I find nothing about that situation realistic at all.

Oh, and isn't that Hanna chick already in enough trouble with the law without stealing a car and wrecking it? At first, I got that she was mad. But I thought she was going to go cheat on him with some random guy (not that that would be right or anything). Taking the car seemed pointless.

The photo booth thing? For people who want to cover up that they're lesbians, they don't seem to be to cautious about it. And since when do teenagers have parties like that that come equip with their own personal photo booth?

Spencer's my favorite so far. If I had her sister, I would shoot myself, so I guess I like that she can deal with it. I would seriously never stop crying if I had a family like that. Though I don't admire her stealing that paper, I'll bet she gets caught, if only because it would make zero sense to bring up if she didn't.

Aria's dad's cheating lady? She's a bitch and the dad's stupid. Yeah, it's very smart to let the woman you've cheated with (and probably still are cheating with or will be in the future) and your wife become close friends. Aria's dumb too, though. If you want the lady to stay away, threaten to tell the wife.

I wasn't wowed by this episode. It was okay, but nothing really happened, you know?
dreamgirl18
dreamgirl18
Animal Lover
Animal Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:05 am

Damn. Blondie's boyfriend really is gay. All this and barely any reaction from him?

Jailbait is still continuing the most bland relationship on TV. I have rarely seen two actors with this little chemistry

I have a hard time believing that the intense sister for someone who is supposed to be smart would do something so stupid. What kind of an idiot steals a paper and just changes the name?

The lesbians seems so far to have the best relationship on the show although I am guessing it won't last. My prediction when the pictures comes out that the new girl will ditch her.

And since when do teenagers have parties like that that come equip with
their own personal photo booth?
I doubt it's that hard to borrow one from somewhere although it was kinda weird. The writers could have done a better job if they wanted to use pictures to out them

Aria's dumb too, though. If you want the lady to stay away, threaten to
tell the wife.
Actually it's the opposite. This might work with the father but a mistress wants the wife to know. This would just encourage her. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if that's the whole point of trying to become friends with the wife.
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:12 am

dreamgirl18 wrote:So, I just watched the new episode online.

The thing with Aria and the teacher is just awful. I'm getting no passion from them! It's like they're making a conscious decision to like each other. Nothing about that relationship suggests someone risking jailtime for it.

May I just say that the KIN plugging made me want to throw the computer across the room. Great subtlety (sp?) ABC Family.

As far as Jenna being blind or not, I think she is and am going to chalk it up to bad acting. The concept of pretending to be blind doesn't make much sense. Until I see some motive, I think she's legit.

For the lesbian/bi debate: Emily is a full-blown lesbian. I have to agree with others who say the boyfriend was a cover.

The cop. *sigh* I find nothing about that situation realistic at all.

Oh, and isn't that Hanna chick already in enough trouble with the law without stealing a car and wrecking it? At first, I got that she was mad. But I thought she was going to go cheat on him with some random guy (not that that would be right or anything). Taking the car seemed pointless.

The photo booth thing? For people who want to cover up that they're lesbians, they don't seem to be to cautious about it. And since when do teenagers have parties like that that come equip with their own personal photo booth?

Spencer's my favorite so far. If I had her sister, I would shoot myself, so I guess I like that she can deal with it. I would seriously never stop crying if I had a family like that. Though I don't admire her stealing that paper, I'll bet she gets caught, if only because it would make zero sense to bring up if she didn't.

Aria's dad's cheating lady? She's a bitch and the dad's stupid. Yeah, it's very smart to let the woman you've cheated with (and probably still are cheating with or will be in the future) and your wife become close friends. Aria's dumb too, though. If you want the lady to stay away, threaten to tell the wife.

I wasn't wowed by this episode. It was okay, but nothing really happened, you know?

I agree. I wasn't really wowed either. But hopefully next weeks episode is better.
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkcupcake Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:19 am

This episode was just meh.

I was okay with the Aria and Fitz thing at first, but seriously they are beyond awkward and its so boring in their scenes. Honestly they should end it pretty soon, its not going anywhere. I still like Aria okay, but she doesn't need to be with him.

For some reason I want Spencer to see Ren more often. I feel like they'd have chemistry if those two characters connected again. But I couldn't resist doing a huge facepalm when Spencer took her sister's paper and changed the name and date. That's like academic suicide, and for a girl who's so smart I'd think she wasn't so much of an idiot to do that. Desperate or not desperate, she needed to write her own damn paper. That made me like her less, but whatevs.

Hanna's boyfriend was really weird... like I can understand how he wanted to wait but he led her on and the way that he like acted all conservative with her straddling him was just awkward. I feel like she should get another bf or something. I have to admit I giggled when she wrecked the car. Sucks for him... but yeah. I still love Hanna's character, I feel absolutely awful about her past and how she was "hefty Hanna" and how Allison said the dance revolution and potato chips thing and made her cry. Also the flashback with Sean and how he was actually after Allison was enough to make me so sad for Hanna.

I still am not sure what to think about the lesbian thing. What kind of creep is posting those pictures, anyways? So strange. I feel like the detective is, to get clues or something? But I really don't know. Also. I know that the guy (what's his name, ugh I forgot) who is the stepbrother to Jenna and he was the one who took her out of the fire and took the blame is supposed to be creepy and "dangerous" but I was really glad when he saved Emily from the creepo boyfriend. If I were her though, I'd have put at least a little more effort for gosh sake. I'd be like oh heck no, and shove him. She was just barely pushing him, but whatever. Nonetheless I was glad when he punched him... my little sister was watching with me and she felt bad for Emily's bf but I didn't at all. Skeazebag. Ugh.

The mistress teacher is so creepy, like the way she smiles. Not as creepy as soft voiced Jenna, but she's just so calm about everything. And its creepy. Anyways, she's really annoying and needs to go. I also have a feeling that Aria's dad won't be finished with his cheating yet.

pinkcupcake
pinkcupcake
Southern Girl
Southern Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:11 pm

I am pretty sure Hanna's Boyfriend is gay. The way he talked about waiting and his general demeanor around her when she tries to get physical suggest he really isn't interested. At all. In fact, its very similar to how Emily was acting towards her boyfriend. So yeah, I believe he is gay and will probably be outed in some way, which will in turn make Emily all that more paranoid and closed off emotionally. Especially towards her new friend.

As for the pictures... yeah unless A is the Detective, I doubt he is the one putting up the pictures like that. Then again, it really could be a red herring and is meant to distract us from something else.

As for Emily's Boyfriend, the dude got what he deserved when he was punched by Jenna's Stepbrother. Everyone knows you don't treat a woman like that. I think Jenna's Stepbrother is going to be the silent hero of sorts or thats how I would describe him. While he is the creepy dude with a juvenille record, I wouldn't be surprised to see him step up and help other people. All of course without Jenna knowing, who seems to be the owner of his leash.

As for Aria and Mr. Fitz. Yeah I feel they really fucked that up. They should have gone a bit more like Emily and her new friend(i forget her name) A romantic relationship is slowly being built and I think if they had spent a bit of time doing this with Aria and Mr. Fitz, it would be a whole lot better. But whenever they are together, especially alone, the scenes are supposed to be full of emotion and power. But I am just not feeling it.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:06 pm

I am pretty sure Hanna's Boyfriend is gay. The way he talked about
waiting and his general demeanor around her when she tries to get
physical suggest he really isn't interested. At all. In fact, its very
similar to how Emily was acting towards her boyfriend. So yeah, I
believe he is gay and will probably be outed in some way, which will in
turn make Emily all that more paranoid and closed off emotionally.
Especially towards her new friend.
You know that's what I thought at first but now after the pictures I am thinking that it's more likely that once blondie finds out he is gay she will get really homophobic and take out on the lesbian.

While he is the creepy dude with a juvenille record, I wouldn't be
surprised to see him step up and help other people. All of course
without Jenna knowing, who seems to be the owner of his leash.
My bet is that he is/was sleeping with his step sister. I am guessing that's what the A-Bitch was using to get him to take the fall for them. And it might explain why he seems on a leash.

I am also betting that he is the one with the serial killer wall pictures
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit7 Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 pm

You know thats actually a very interesting thought. I hadn't considered it. Though it isn't made clear but, do they know Emily is a lesbian? It seems to me that they really are unaware of it by the way Emily acts when they think of Alison other then the controling person she was. Now maybe it was just the different relationship Emily and Alison had together that was kept private.

So I don't think Hannah will intentionally try and take it out on her, and she will be sort of oblivious to what she is doing to her friend.

Hmm as for Jenna's boyfriend I have nothing really to say about that.(mostly because before I found out it was a show, the series itself was on my radar as a 'possibility' to check out and ran into some spoilers)

But I really don't think he is the one with the serial killer wall. Then again there are not that many other choices then him.
Unit7
Unit7
Rune Warrior
Rune Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:31 pm

pinkcupcake wrote:how Allison said the dance revolution and potato chips thing and made her cry.

I was so sad, because Allison was such a bitch to Hanna, I could tell she was worried but that was so rude.

yeahh! Hanna is my favorite character on here!!
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next