Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any life updates?

+6
melissa052
maggiemay
secret_life8
Rex
xChorusOfAngelsx
joselin4life
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Any life updates? Empty Any life updates?

Post by joselin4life Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:41 pm

I once thought of us as one big yet small "family". Besides some of our personal bonds and connections, we knew all of each others life updates from weddings to vacations to pregnancies to even school related stuff. I feel like I know nothing going on in anyones lives who still get on! Does anyone have any life updates? It could be anything to nothing.
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Any life updates? Empty Re: Any life updates?

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:26 pm

Not a whole lot going on here. It's been a year since I moved 2 hours away from my hometown. Absolutely love the area I'm in, I could see myself growing old here. Started a new job in January. I love it, but I'm not making nearly enough money for the work I'm doing, and being in the human services field, significant raises, if any, are not going to happen. So I'm researching colleges in the area, I hope to go back in the fall of next year to build on my psychology degree. My boyfriend and I are about to celebrate 7 years together in October. He just started a new job last week after being unemployed for almost a year. I can't say how thrilled I am. Although this is an awesome area to live in, finding a job without a college degree here is a massive pain in the ass. One of the perks of his job is that he gets all kinds of discounts in the area, including at a wedding store- He has mentioned this a couple times. Makes me smile. Smile
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:19 am

Well. I finished my NGO training course together with the internship and everything. I just have one task left and then in October me and the team will have to present it at this conference in front of several hundred people which I am guessing might be a slightly uncomfortable experience

In two weeks we are doing a family vacation to celebrate my parents anniversary. We will be taking a cruise through North Sea which will be kind of awesome

Still no girlfriend but the girl I used to have an enormous crush on is coming tomorrow and we will likely hang out together for almost two whole days which will probably be a mixture of really awesome and really sucky
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by secret_life8 Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:06 pm

I went to college for a semester and ended up leaving. Since then I have been working as a freelance writer with childcare jobs. I was just visiting family in Greece for 6 weeks and I am actually leaving again next week to go back. I will be there for 4 months this time. When I get back from Greece, I plan on returning to university at a different school and studying human services (psychology, social work and sociology) and working in that field.
secret_life8
secret_life8

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:21 pm

I haven't been up to much. My junior year of college started today, which is insane. As of today, I've had my job (nanny) for a year and there will be a new baby girl soon. And I've been fully living here in Ohio for a year. That's about it, my life isn't too terribly exciting.
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:19 pm

Well, I started work last Monday, that seems to be going well! I like it, I get out of town on a regular basis, and I get money, which is awesome.

Bad news, though... I got in a really bad car wreck on Friday after mom and Nicole picked me up from Liz's after work. We were stopped at a red light, suddenly a car crashed into us from behind and we ended up going into the car in front of us, so we were in the middle of a car sandwich. I went to the hospital the following day, no fractures or broken bones, but spasms in my neck and upper back and a lot of inflammation. I'm on a few meds that make me loopy and tired, but at least everyone ended up okay. I can't really say the same for mom's car.
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

http://destinationeveryplace.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:56 pm

Rex wrote:Well. I finished my NGO training course together with the internship and everything. I just have one task left and then in October me and the team will have to present it at this conference in front of several hundred people which I am guessing might be a slightly uncomfortable experience

In two weeks we are doing a family vacation to celebrate my parents anniversary. We will be taking a cruise through North Sea which will be kind of awesome

Still no girlfriend but the girl I used to have  an enormous crush on is coming tomorrow and we will likely hang out together for almost two whole days which will probably be a mixture of really awesome and really sucky

Ick. I don't do well speaking in front of large crowds. Good luck! With the presentation and the lady Smile

secret_life8 wrote:I went to college for a semester and ended up leaving.  Since then I have been working as a freelance writer with childcare jobs.  I was just visiting family in Greece for 6 weeks and I am actually leaving again next week to go back.  I will be there for 4 months this time.  When I get back from Greece, I plan on returning to university at a different school and studying human services (psychology, social work and sociology) and working in that field.

Go straight through until you get your masters degree in whichever major you chose in this field, I just learned that one the hard way. Unless you don't like money, then just a 2 year degree will do.

Greece, huh? Super jealous. I'd like to travel to Europe someday. Switzerland is on my bucket list.

maggiemay wrote:I haven't been up to much. My junior year of college started today, which is insane. As of today, I've had my job (nanny) for a year and there will be a new baby girl soon. And I've been fully living here in Ohio for a year. That's about it, my life isn't too terribly exciting.

How do you like Ohio? I know someone who just bought a house there, three bedroom, two car garage, and her mortgage is a lot less than what I'm paying to rent my tiny two bedroom apartment. I'm living in the wrong state haha :p

melissa052 wrote:Well, I started work last Monday, that seems to be going well! I like it, I get out of town on a regular basis, and I get money, which is awesome.

Bad news, though... I got in a really bad car wreck on Friday after mom and Nicole picked me up from Liz's after work. We were stopped at a red light, suddenly a car crashed into us from behind and we ended up going into the car in front of us, so we were in the middle of a car sandwich. I went to the hospital the following day, no fractures or broken bones, but spasms in my neck and upper back and a lot of inflammation. I'm on a few meds that make me loopy and tired, but at least everyone ended up okay. I can't really say the same for mom's car.

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. I'm always so paranoid about cars around me, nobody pays attention to what they're doing. "Heeelllloooo, you're driving a 3000+ pound piece of metal, head out of ass, pleaseee."
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:42 am

Ick. I don't do well speaking in front of large crowds. Good luck! With the presentation and the lady Smile wrote:
Well it turned out pretty good. I spent the whole day with the girl which was rather wonderful even if there is no chance of romance

I am also just a few days away from the trip. It turns out that they spelled my name wrong on the ticket but they said they can fix it and it shouldn't be a problem Smile

I went to college for a semester and ended up leaving. Since then I have been working as a freelance writer with childcare jobs. I was just visiting family in Greece for 6 weeks and I am actually leaving again next week to go back. I will be there for 4 months this time. When I get back from Greece, I plan on returning to university at a different school and studying human services (psychology, social work and sociology) and working in that field wrote:

Hey Greece? That's cool. I live right next door to Greece. If you got into any trouble ring me. Also while you are around here you might want to check out European universities. Quite a few of them offer masters in Englishes and chances are big that even if you are non EU citizien it will still be quite likely a lot cheaper then in the US. And even more so for a bachelors degree

Well, I started work last Monday, that seems to be going well! I like it, I get out of town on a regular basis, and I get money, which is awesome. Bad news, though... I got in a really bad car wreck on Friday after mom and Nicole picked me up from Liz's after work. We were stopped at a red light, suddenly a car crashed into us from behind and we ended up going into the car in front of us, so we were in the middle of a car sandwich. I went to the hospital the following day, no fractures or broken bones, but spasms in my neck and upper back and a lot of inflammation. I'm on a few meds that make me loopy and tired, but at least everyone ended up okay. I can't really say the same for mom's car. wrote:

Dude I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you are ok. Car accidents are nasty

Go straight through until you get your masters degree in whichever major you chose in this field, I just learned that one the hard way. Unless you don't like money, then just a 2 year degree will do. Greece, huh? Super jealous. I'd like to travel to Europe someday. Switzerland is on my bucket list. wrote:
Travel ling is awesome indeed. If I might make a few suggestions which I learned from a few friends. In the USA you have these credit card options where you can get free airmiles every time you make any sort of purchase. Try signing up for one of these . You can win enough for your roundtrip to Europe .
Also if you decide to travel while you are studying in the university make sure you get one of those student cards like ISIC. There are huge discounts for students around her in Europe. In some countries things like trains can be 50% cheaper for students and there also hotels,resturants and so on. You might also try one of those volunteer exhcange services . They can often pay you all the travel expenses and let you explore Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:57 am

Thanks, guys. Smile Other than having to go to the chiropractor at least 3 days a week because my spine is all out of line because of whiplash and having moderate to severe headaches 80% of the time, I'm fine. Hopefully I will start getting better soon! It's been long enough...

melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiemay Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:29 pm

xChorusOfAngelsx wrote:How do you like Ohio? I know someone who just bought a house there, three bedroom, two car garage, and her mortgage is a lot less than what I'm paying to rent my tiny two bedroom apartment. I'm living in the wrong state haha :p

Haha it's not too bad! Last winter was pretty brutal, but coming from Virginia, that's expected. Otherwise I like it. My city is kind of a shithole lol but parts are nice. You saw my FB status yesterday about the snake dude, there are some weird people here but I do enjoy it. And housing here is a LOT cheaper than many places. My current apartment is probably overpriced and it's only $400 a month ($800 total between me and my roommate).
maggiemay
maggiemay
Dancer
Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleyMC Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:25 pm

Not much, really. Just working full time at a job that I absolutely love! I am a chiropractic assistant and it is the most amazing job! I am also keeping busy with all three kiddos and going to school for my bachelor's degree. So I am staying pretty busy.
AshleyMC
AshleyMC
Super Mom
Super Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:13 pm

Woho. Just got back from doing a mini tour on Europe. I am dead tired but I am glad to see you guys again!
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:31 pm

AshleyMC wrote:Not much, really. Just working full time at a job that I absolutely love! I am a chiropractic assistant and it is the most amazing job! I am also keeping busy with all three kiddos and going to school for my bachelor's degree. So I am staying pretty busy.

Aw congrats on going to school! Thats so cool. I'm glad you have a job you enjoy Smile How old are your kids now?
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by joselin4life Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:32 pm

Rex wrote:Woho. Just got back from doing a mini tour on Europe. I am dead tired but I am glad to see you guys again!

I'm extremely jealous of you right now!!! How was the trip?
joselin4life
joselin4life
Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:22 am

Really awesome. I was on this cruise in North Sea and I visited Germany, France, Belgium, Englang and Amsterdam and it was really really cool. Then when I was done I took a bus(they are like super cheap over there. I went from Hamburg to Berlin for just like 12$) and went to Berlin as well

I highly reccomend it. It was an awesome experience
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleyMC Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:03 am

joselin4life wrote:
AshleyMC wrote:Not much, really. Just working full time at a job that I absolutely love! I am a chiropractic assistant and it is the most amazing job! I am also keeping busy with all three kiddos and going to school for my bachelor's degree. So I am staying pretty busy.

Aw congrats on going to school! Thats so cool. I'm glad you have a job you enjoy Smile How old are your kids now?

They are 7, 4 and almost 5 months now.
AshleyMC
AshleyMC
Super Mom
Super Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by melissa052 Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:41 am

Rex wrote:Really awesome. I was on this cruise in North Sea and I visited Germany, France, Belgium, Englang and Amsterdam and it was really really cool. Then when I was done I took a bus(they are like super cheap over there. I went from Hamburg to Berlin for just like 12$) and went to Berlin as well

Funny coincidence... my cousin went to Germany for Oktoberfest with her family not long ago, they were in Europe for like 2 weeks, they also went to France and Belgium. Of course, I stayed at their house watching their dog and having my own California Oktoberfest with friends at their house. :p
melissa052
melissa052
Film Buff
Film Buff

Back to top Go down

Post by xChorusOfAngelsx Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Rex wrote:Really awesome. I was on this cruise in North Sea and I visited Germany, France, Belgium, Englang and Amsterdam and it was really really cool. Then when I was done I took a bus(they are like super cheap over there. I went from Hamburg to Berlin for just like 12$) and went to Berlin as well

One of my old classmates is stationed in Switzerland and the pictures he has been posting on Facebook are amazing.... I want to see a castle. He was actually just in Germany for Oktoberfest.
xChorusOfAngelsx
xChorusOfAngelsx
Music Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:24 am

Castles are amazing indeed. I actually won a free cruise (I love my travel agency Smile ) and I just came back from it hence why I wasn't here in the last few weeks. And it was awesome. I got to see the Malta which has this huge amazing fortress wall and the Palace of Grand Master in Rhodes and it was amazing. I also went to Bergamo and the entire old city there is like travelling back in the middle ages. It's awesome
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:15 pm

Hey you guys. I know I only pop in once a year and you guys forget about me, but just want to let you know I'm still alive! Isn't it weird that we all met on a board about a terrible show that most of us didn't watch past season 1?

Life for me is much the same as it has been. I'm still single and still in school, 3rd year of my physics degree. I moved out of new orleans after high school but I'm still in LA. I'm itching to graduate and go further, get out of the south. Definitely want to do post grad somewhere far from here.
PiperC!
PiperC!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:48 am

Piper! I missed you. It's so good to see you here

And yeah. Frankly I can't believe it myself. I didn't even watch the secret life I was visiting the forum just to troll the extreme pro lifers. Good on Unit for getting us here and keeping us together for so long. I hope he gets his internet back soon

Hope you graduate soon Smile And don't forget Europe is always an option for your post grad Wink
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:53 pm

Rex wrote:Piper! I missed you. It's so good to see you here

And yeah. Frankly I can't believe it myself. I didn't even watch the secret life I was visiting the forum just to troll the extreme pro lifers. Good on Unit for getting us here and keeping us together for so long. I hope he gets his internet back soon

Hope you graduate soon Smile And don't forget Europe is always an option for your post grad Wink

Oh man. I'd love to go to school in Europe. But realistically I'll go wherever the money is.
PiperC!
PiperC!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:33 pm

PiperC! wrote:
Rex wrote:Piper! I missed you. It's so good to see you here

Oh man. I'd love to go to school in Europe. But realistically I'll go wherever the money is.
Wise choice. On the bright side it's full of various projects and international workshops so even if you don't manage to study here you can probably visit easily enough through one of these programs Smile
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by PiperC! Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:00 am

I've spent tons of time in the UK, and I've been to Ireland and Sicily, but that's it. I think I want to take a trip after I graduate for sure. Where exactly do you live Rex?
PiperC!
PiperC!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:05 pm

Oh that's a secret Smile But I will pm it to you
Rex
Rex
Leliel
Leliel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next