Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

♥The Mom Thread♥

+9
melissa052
Courtnut
dreamgirl18
Unit7
Nemesis
scifidawn
x_mia_x
AshleyMC
MrsJazz
13 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

♥The Mom Thread♥ - Page 4 Empty Re: ♥The Mom Thread♥

Post by Courtnut Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:53 am

That sounds good. I wish I had to courage to do that! I think I might just not tell them when I go into labor, and tell them after. Which is mean and I don't know if they'll forgive me for that. You were in the hospital for a week??
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:33 am

I got to the hospital around 6:30pm on a Monday and by Thursday morning I was leaving. But I went all natural. If you have to have a c-section it's 5 days from when you have the baby.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:45 am

Was it an easy birth? I'm planning on going all natural as well.
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:19 am

For me it was very easy. I'd studied Hypnobirthing, the Mongan Method and knew how to relax and trust my body. It 23 hours for me start to finish. Contractions begab Monday morning at 6am. I went to the dr at 9am and was 4cm so I labored at home. Went back to the hospital by 630pm and was already 7cm. Once he broke my water at 3am Tuesday, I was ready to push and pushed for 30 min or so and she was here.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleyMC Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:53 am

I am SO glad that I went natural with both girls. Smile Both of my labors were very quick. Smile
AshleyMC
AshleyMC
Super Mom
Super Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:06 pm

That sounds amazing I'm excited Smile I don't like the whole hospital birth thing and the drugs. It doesn't seem that natural to me. So I want to try and do it as natural as I can.
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Enylear Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:04 am

Hey there all! I am new to the boards...

I am married and SAHM to 3 beautiful girls...ages 16, 14, and 12. We homeschool (and no I'm not insane...LOL but I don't have as much hair as I used to...hehehe) I just thought I would throw in a couple of tips to the new moms and moms-to-be I've seen...

For baby's gas, I have a natural rememedy that worked wonders with my girls. There is a seed you can find on the spice aisle in most grocery stores called FENNEL SEED. You boil about 2 cups of water and put in about 1/2tsp of the fennel seeds. If I remember correctly (its been a while since mine were babies...LOL) the seeds are about the consistency of dill seeds. Keep the water at a full boil for about 5 minutes. The seeds will not dissipate, so you do have to strain it, but when done it should turn out the color of weak tea. Pour it into a bottle and let it cool. You end up with about 1 1/2 cups after boiling. It has a sweet, licorice type flavor and my girls all loved it. I started using it when they were around 3 months. Before that I just used the Mylicon. My doctor looked up fennel seed and said it was perfectly safe for baby after about 3 months. I would usually just make up a bottle about once a week and if we needed it, I didn't have to wait for it to boil and cool. If we didn't need it, I'd just throw it out and make a new one to have on hand. As I said, it worked for my girls. My mom's friend, who is a RN passed this on to me and I've passed it to several friends who had good luck with it too, so I thought it may be helpful to some of you guys!

I had another hint I was going to pass on, but in typing the other I've forgotten! LOL. My brain doesnt work like it used to! HA

I'll be seeing you guys around... Very Happy

Enylear

Back to top Go down

Post by KateinCA Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:35 pm

Gosh dang it MrsJazz! Why did you have to go and make such a cute baby?! hahahaha.
Ugh.
Both Brylee and Kendra...I want to poke both of you in your squishy baby tummies for making me drool over your cuteness! Mad heheheh
KateinCA
KateinCA

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:36 pm

KateinCA wrote:Gosh dang it MrsJazz! Why did you have to go and make such a cute baby?! hahahaha.
Ugh.
Both Brylee and Kendra...I want to poke both of you in your squishy baby tummies for making me drool over your cuteness! Mad heheheh

Thank you Very Happy You should really see her. Her little facial expressions and giggles. I have to get the videos off my phone from just random moments posted on here Very Happy
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:03 pm

No one's talked on here for awhile. How's mommy life?
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleyMC Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:23 pm

Mommy life is great. We had to take Kendra to the ER today because she had a really bad cough. Poor girl has an Upper Resperitory Infection.. Sad
AshleyMC
AshleyMC
Super Mom
Super Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:24 pm

That is sad! I'm sorry. When I was a baby I had RSV 4 times and one of my nurses almost killed me by telling my mom to take me home even though I was turning blue!!
Did they just put her on meds??
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by x_mia_x Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:32 pm

AshleyMC wrote:Mommy life is great. We had to take Kendra to the ER today because she had a really bad cough. Poor girl has an Upper Resperitory Infection.. Sad

Oh no! She will be in my prayers Ashley. Get well soon Miss Kendra!
x_mia_x
x_mia_x

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:29 pm

Mommy life is great Very Happy Brylee is over 16lbs already! No wonder her clothes stopped fitting right. She ahd to go to the dr for (TMI) constipation the other day. THANK YOU KARO SYRUP!! She feels so much better now. She's sleeping as we speak (type) in my lap.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:21 am

Oh I hate that when babies get constipated and they don't go for days. And then they hurt it's so sad. Wow 16 pounds? My neice weighs 18 pounds and she is 9 months old. She is chubby but your baby doesn't look chubby? That's weird. Interesting how babies gain weight
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:18 am

Courtnut wrote:Oh I hate that when babies get constipated and they don't go for days. And then they hurt it's so sad. Wow 16 pounds? My neice weighs 18 pounds and she is 9 months old. She is chubby but your baby doesn't look chubby? That's weird. Interesting how babies gain weight

I admit she does have a rounder little belly and she is 2 feet long (probably longer since this weigh in she wasn't measured for height) but over 16lbs, I wanted to ask if the scale was broke but felt like the Capt wouldn't much like that, lol. (Her dr is a Capt in the Air Force) But when he went over numbers he said she's measuring in the 95 percentile still for weight. He didn't seem concerned at all, rather happy she's growing well.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by xTSNI2008x Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:13 pm

Ashley or MsJazz.. If this isn't too personal... When your girls were born, did you breastfeed or formula feed? If you breastfed, when did you start introducing formula?

I breastfed Nate, but he also started with formula almost right off the bat for a few reasons. So he was kind of half and half. Bella so far has only been breastfed, and I'm thinking about when I'll start introducing formula. I don't want to start too early, but I don't want to wait and have her "reject" it. So I was just wondering your thoughts and opinions. I figure I can never ask too many people Very Happy

And, Mrs Jazz, when did you start putting Brylee in her Bumbo chair? She just looks too cute in that picture.

xTSNI2008x

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:19 pm

xTSNI2008x wrote:Ashley or MsJazz.. If this isn't too personal... When your girls were born, did you breastfeed or formula feed? If you breastfed, when did you start introducing formula?

I breastfed Nate, but he also started with formula almost right off the bat for a few reasons. So he was kind of half and half. Bella so far has only been breastfed, and I'm thinking about when I'll start introducing formula. I don't want to start too early, but I don't want to wait and have her "reject" it. So I was just wondering your thoughts and opinions. I figure I can never ask too many people Very Happy

And, Mrs Jazz, when did you start putting Brylee in her Bumbo chair? She just looks too cute in that picture.

I attempted to breast feed. I tried for about a month. My milk wasn't coming in and she was dropping weight really quick, she lost more than 20% of her birth weight. I did try Fenugreek and mother's milk tea along with power pumping but just didn't work. I still try to get her to latch but nothing but a few drop if anything ever comes out. We had to switch to formula for her health sake. We use Enfamil AR (thickened for her reflux) She's now up to 16lbs 10oz.

We started putting her in her Bumbo when she was about a month and a half. She has such amazing head and neck control for it we went ahead and began using it right away.

MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by AlwaysChelsea Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:03 pm

My friend is going to have a baby in a few months and read somethings you guys have been writing. And wanted me to say thank you and that they seemed as they would help her alot.
And I must say all your babies are just aborable.
AlwaysChelsea
AlwaysChelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by AlwaysChelsea Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:34 pm

I also have a question, for Courtnut.. I think it is.
Okay so I may of read wrong, but did it say you had a child and put it up for adoption, and had a child after a acciedent? But now you want kids? How old are you know, and how old were you when you put your child up for adoption?(You don't have to answer and feel free to fix what I put wrong.)
AlwaysChelsea
AlwaysChelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:42 pm

No that seems pretty right. I didn't explain myself very well. No, what I meant by that was the accident caused me to have a miscarriage at 20 weeks. And I was 16 at that time, and 17 the time I gave the baby up for adoption. I tried to keep her, but I was in a really bad relationship at the time. She is now 3, actually coincidentally today is her birthday. So I am only 20, but I am quite mature for my age and I'm with a wonderful man who would be a great dad. Actually what happened in my past and my niece and nephew and my miscarriages made me want a child very badly. But only when I was ready.
Hope I answered everything
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:43 pm

Oh and I don't know if that sounded right but the miscarriage and adoption were obviously different pregnancies but pretty close together.
I've changed a lot since then so I'm hoping I don't sound like a complete dumbass.
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by AlwaysChelsea Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Oh no. It makes scene. I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. But I really feel your a strong woman to give your child up for adoption. And is it a open adoption?
AlwaysChelsea
AlwaysChelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Well, technically it is an open adoption. But it was quite a complicated situation. It was pretty unorthodox. I went through LDS Family Services, which is interesting because I'm not religious. She was in the hospital when she was 3 months old and that's when I gave her up. So I had her for a little bit before I decided. Which I personally think is harder then doing it right when they're born. They are supposed to send me pictures. But they sent me some when she was 13 months old and just barely sent some more a couple weeks ago. So they forgot about me for a couple years.. They live a couple of towns away, I have never met them so it makes it hard knowing she's so close.
After all of my miscarriages, I don't think it's fair that when I'm finally with the right man I can't have a child.
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by AlwaysChelsea Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:14 pm

Courtnut wrote:Well, technically it is an open adoption. But it was quite a complicated situation. It was pretty unorthodox. I went through LDS Family Services, which is interesting because I'm not religious. She was in the hospital when she was 3 months old and that's when I gave her up. So I had her for a little bit before I decided. Which I personally think is harder then doing it right when they're born. They are supposed to send me pictures. But they sent me some when she was 13 months old and just barely sent some more a couple weeks ago. So they forgot about me for a couple years.. They live a couple of towns away, I have never met them so it makes it hard knowing she's so close.
After all of my miscarriages, I don't think it's fair that when I'm finally with the right man I can't have a child.

That's horrible of them. I mean you gave them the miracle of life. The least they can do is send you some pictures. And I'm sorry, that must be hard.
AlwaysChelsea
AlwaysChelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next