Secret Life and Kyle XY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

♥The Mom Thread♥

+9
melissa052
Courtnut
dreamgirl18
Unit7
Nemesis
scifidawn
x_mia_x
AshleyMC
MrsJazz
13 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

♥The Mom Thread♥ - Page 6 Empty Re: ♥The Mom Thread♥

Post by AlwaysChelsea Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:20 am

[quote="MrsJazz"]
AlwaysChelsea wrote:My friend is going to have a baby in a few months and read somethings you guys have been writing. And wanted me to say thank you and that they seemed as they would help her alot.
And I must say all your babies are just aborable.

So glad you're reading this has helped give your friend some advice. If she ever has any questions don't hesitate at all to ask Smile [/quote

Okay. Thanks(:
AlwaysChelsea
AlwaysChelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Is your friend scared to have her baby or excited?
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by AlwaysChelsea Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:40 pm

Courtnut wrote:Is your friend scared to have her baby or excited?

Both. Like she knows it's going to hurt ALOT. But she's such a strong woman. And she just can't wait to see her daughters face.
AlwaysChelsea
AlwaysChelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:24 pm

Well I honestly thought that women exaggerated giving birth.. But I'm sure everyone is different. I thought it was gonna hurt a lot worse then it does. I do agree that tooth pain is worse then labor pain. Smile A lot of people say that. I don't understand when people scream when they give birth, I never needed to. It helped me concentrate more to put that into pushing. It just kinda came naturally to me. It was scary but fun
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by AlwaysChelsea Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:39 pm

Courtnut wrote:Well I honestly thought that women exaggerated giving birth.. But I'm sure everyone is different. I thought it was gonna hurt a lot worse then it does. I do agree that tooth pain is worse then labor pain. Smile A lot of people say that. I don't understand when people scream when they give birth, I never needed to. It helped me concentrate more to put that into pushing. It just kinda came naturally to me. It was scary but fun

I know Amanda will not scream, she's probably be silent. I guess it does depend on the woman. I know people that say it hurts alot and some say not that much.
AlwaysChelsea
AlwaysChelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:00 pm

I've had a lot of physical pain worse then child birth Smile So I'm not too scared about it.
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by AlwaysChelsea Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Courtnut wrote:I've had a lot of physical pain worse then child birth Smile So I'm not too scared about it.

That's good. I've also heard the first hurts the worst. Lol
AlwaysChelsea
AlwaysChelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:06 pm

Yeah well you'd think you'd get stretched out.. haha Smile
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by AlwaysChelsea Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:41 pm

That's what I though. Kinda like the whole sex thing. After awhile it doesn't hurt.
AlwaysChelsea
AlwaysChelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:49 am

Well I didn't have any good experiences until I met my husband. I thought I had to have sex because the man wanted it. And even though I lost my virginity when I was barely 12 it still hurt for awhile when I was with my husband at 17.
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by AlwaysChelsea Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:52 am

Courtnut wrote:Well I didn't have any good experiences until I met my husband. I thought I had to have sex because the man wanted it. And even though I lost my virginity when I was barely 12 it still hurt for awhile when I was with my husband at 17.

Yeah. I lost mine at 14, because he wanted it, not me. But now that I'm with Angel were going to wait awhile untill I'm comfortable, which makes me feel alot better about being with him. And for me it really only hurt the first like three times.
AlwaysChelsea
AlwaysChelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Yeah that's a good idea. When I was first with my husband I thought I was supposed to but he didn't pressure me. I decided that this time I was going to try and enjoy it, and I did.
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by AlwaysChelsea Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:20 pm

Courtnut wrote:Yeah that's a good idea. When I was first with my husband I thought I was supposed to but he didn't pressure me. I decided that this time I was going to try and enjoy it, and I did.

Yeah, that's for the best(:
AlwaysChelsea
AlwaysChelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by xTSNI2008x Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:47 pm

MrsJazz wrote:
xTSNI2008x wrote:Ashley or MsJazz.. If this isn't too personal... When your girls were born, did you breastfeed or formula feed? If you breastfed, when did you start introducing formula?

I breastfed Nate, but he also started with formula almost right off the bat for a few reasons. So he was kind of half and half. Bella so far has only been breastfed, and I'm thinking about when I'll start introducing formula. I don't want to start too early, but I don't want to wait and have her "reject" it. So I was just wondering your thoughts and opinions. I figure I can never ask too many people Very Happy

And, Mrs Jazz, when did you start putting Brylee in her Bumbo chair? She just looks too cute in that picture.

I attempted to breast feed. I tried for about a month. My milk wasn't coming in and she was dropping weight really quick, she lost more than 20% of her birth weight. I did try Fenugreek and mother's milk tea along with power pumping but just didn't work. I still try to get her to latch but nothing but a few drop if anything ever comes out. We had to switch to formula for her health sake. We use Enfamil AR (thickened for her reflux) She's now up to 16lbs 10oz.

We started putting her in her Bumbo when she was about a month and a half. She has such amazing head and neck control for it we went ahead and began using it right away.

I'm pretty much the opposite, lol. Sometimes I literally feel like I'm going to pop Razz (TMI?)

Anyway, depending upon how long my milk supply stays so...abundant, I'm going to put off introducing Bella to formula. I'm going to do it by the time she's 4m at the latest (not wishing it away at all, though!). I've heard way too many horror stories of kids who won't take formula to start her later than that. By early fall formula will make up some of her bottles.

We don't have a Bumbo, but after seeing other babies in their chairs first-hand and pictures of Brylee on here, I've been looking into one. Bella will be 5wks tomorrow, so I think I'll borrow a friend's seat soon to see if she likes it enough to buy one.

Thanks for answering Smile

xTSNI2008x

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:08 pm

xTSNI2008x wrote:
MrsJazz wrote:
xTSNI2008x wrote:Ashley or MsJazz.. If this isn't too personal... When your girls were born, did you breastfeed or formula feed? If you breastfed, when did you start introducing formula?

I breastfed Nate, but he also started with formula almost right off the bat for a few reasons. So he was kind of half and half. Bella so far has only been breastfed, and I'm thinking about when I'll start introducing formula. I don't want to start too early, but I don't want to wait and have her "reject" it. So I was just wondering your thoughts and opinions. I figure I can never ask too many people Very Happy

And, Mrs Jazz, when did you start putting Brylee in her Bumbo chair? She just looks too cute in that picture.

I attempted to breast feed. I tried for about a month. My milk wasn't coming in and she was dropping weight really quick, she lost more than 20% of her birth weight. I did try Fenugreek and mother's milk tea along with power pumping but just didn't work. I still try to get her to latch but nothing but a few drop if anything ever comes out. We had to switch to formula for her health sake. We use Enfamil AR (thickened for her reflux) She's now up to 16lbs 10oz.

We started putting her in her Bumbo when she was about a month and a half. She has such amazing head and neck control for it we went ahead and began using it right away.

I'm pretty much the opposite, lol. Sometimes I literally feel like I'm going to pop Razz (TMI?)

Anyway, depending upon how long my milk supply stays so...abundant, I'm going to put off introducing Bella to formula. I'm going to do it by the time she's 4m at the latest (not wishing it away at all, though!). I've heard way too many horror stories of kids who won't take formula to start her later than that. By early fall formula will make up some of her bottles.

We don't have a Bumbo, but after seeing other babies in their chairs first-hand and pictures of Brylee on here, I've been looking into one. Bella will be 5wks tomorrow, so I think I'll borrow a friend's seat soon to see if she likes it enough to buy one.

Thanks for answering Smile

Let me know how her Bumbo journey goes!

Oh, and ladies who breast feed exclusively I've heard that if you nurse, then give bottle, nurse then give bottle and so on, each day as you wean them if helps out greatly. Since I tried nursing and it didn't work the only nipple Brylee would take was the Nuk series or Tommee Tippee.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by xTSNI2008x Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:32 pm

I will Smile

That was my plan, but I'm not starting yet. Thanks for reccommending those brands, too. I have a few things in the cabinet from gifts and things but I forget what brand it is. If she doesn't like what we have, I'll check out what you said. Thanks again!

xTSNI2008x

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:46 pm

Hey, where is everybody???
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:00 pm

The forum has been kind of dead lately. I think everyone is just busy.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by x_mia_x Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Let's liven it up! How are all of our lovely Mom's?
x_mia_x
x_mia_x

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:04 pm

Tired. Poor Brylee has had an awful fever since last night. Thoughts and prayers her appt goes well in the morning and she's ok.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by x_mia_x Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:06 pm

Oh no! She will be in my thoughts and prayers for sure. Hopefully she will be feeling better in no time- and Mom can get some sleep too!
x_mia_x
x_mia_x

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:21 pm

Thanks, Mia. I'm taking her in the morning. The on call dr swore even at 103.4 it was her teething. But, her dr said that was way too high. I knew it was too high and that goofy on call wouldn't listen to a word I said.

If she's ok in the morning I still have to finish up some of her Christmas shopping too.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by x_mia_x Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:26 pm

Well let us know how it goes! That is annoying about the on call doctor.
Are you testing tomorrow?
x_mia_x
x_mia_x

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtnut Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:10 pm

That sucks that she doesn't feel well. How many teeth does she have.
I know you weren't talking to me Mia, but I am testing for ovulation tomorrow Smile
Courtnut
Courtnut

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJazz Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Yeah, we are Very Happy Since Brylee's appt is so early, I may just wait until Friday morning. Tomorrow will be busy and once I'm up at 5, I may forget, lol.
MrsJazz
MrsJazz
Air Force Wife
Air Force Wife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next